blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a  (Read 57867 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »

With about 8k in the pot and the board reading , Mclovin bet out 4k, leaving himself 7k behind. Surinder Sunar in the cutoff, distracted a little by the ice cream that had appeared for the snacking enjoyment of players only Sad but still taking a passing interest in the hand, dwelled up for a while, munching on a little pot of delicious creamy-looking vanilla, before folding. Mclovin's up to 19k.
Christo!

ChrisNI (Stars/Tilt)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »

good luck to all blondes playing this

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »

Peter Wood is down to 13k while Gregory Howard is up to 18k, this reversal of fortunes owing to Wood's A-K being no good against Howard's pocket rockets on a king-high flop. Lucky Howard.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2008, 08:38:18 PM »

I have been waiting for a good time to post this excellent picture of Akenhead also making a weird face - it looks like at something Marc Goodwin is telling him - but both of them seem to be doing pretty well and I haven't personally witnessed any hands where either of them suffered unduly.  The closest I can manage is a recent pot where Akenhead called Tony Cascarino's preflop raise, and bet on the Two Clubs flop, before checking down the potentially interesting turn and less so river and mucking when Cascarino showed .

Elsewhere Chris Moorman calls a preflop raise from Paul Dack on the button, bets a three diamonds flop when it's checked to him, and then switches off when Dack calls as they both see the turn and river ( two hearts).  Then they both turn pocket Nines, and much hilarity ensues. 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2008, 08:38:36 PM »

John Paul Kelly - 14k.

Not going so well for JP but he's still in it. A moment ago he disappeared to the bar, returning with a pint of beer almost as big as him.

"Look!" said a jubilant Moorman. "He has to get drunk just to make a continuation bet!"

"shhhhhhhhh!" admonished JP, folding as he saw his blind raised...and re-raised (by Chris Moorman of course.)

Moorman meanwhile was down to 25k from his peak of 32k or so, but that all changed as I watched several hands in succession, first that aforementioned hand where he re-popped to 3.8k withouot picking up a caller and then a hand where he raised a limp of 400 to 1,600 then continuation bet the flop for 2.2k, only for his opponent to lay down.

Back up to 30k...just like that.

Tablemate James Akenhead - 26,000.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2008, 08:44:15 PM »

With about 8k in the pot and the board reading , Mclovin bet out 4k, leaving himself 7k behind. Surinder Sunar in the cutoff, distracted a little by the ice cream that had appeared for the snacking enjoyment of players only Sad but still taking a passing interest in the hand, dwelled up for a while, munching on a little pot of delicious creamy-looking vanilla, before folding. Mclovin's up to 19k.

Great news!  We are almost 100% guaranteed to be allowed a miniature pot of ice cream tomorrow.  I have this on very good authority.  It will make the otherwise Groundhog-Dayesque Day 1B go much more smoothly.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2008, 08:46:59 PM »

Great news!  We are almost 100% guaranteed to be allowed a miniature pot of ice cream tomorrow.  I have this on very good authority.  It will make the otherwise Groundhog-Dayesque Day 1B go much more smoothly.

Will you have to pay for it though?

Excuse for more failblog pics obv.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 08:56:58 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2008, 08:51:33 PM »

any chance of a stu rutter chipcount please?

and dan carter, jon butters if possible Smiley
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2008, 08:58:50 PM »

The BIG Stacks

Long Zhang: 75k
Ben Vinson: 60k
Robin Keston: 63k
William Martin: 55k
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2008, 08:59:48 PM »

Incidentally, it looks as though a lot of Long Zhang's chips came courtesy of Marc Goodwin, who has slipped down to 20k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »

Gary Clarke, the little rascal, is still in and getting a little cocky.

I glance down at his stack and show my admiration for his chip garnering abilities.

"Nice Gary. Almost exactly 15,000!"

"Yep. My plan is to steal the blinds once a round until I'm heads up, then shift gears."

It's a privileged position we are in as updaters to be able to speak to some of the great poker minds of our generation give us wonderful insights like this.

I feel even luckier than this fella.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2008, 09:07:07 PM »

There's been plenty of Abramovici-on-Jelinek action to excite. The most dramatic encounter was a blind-on-blind confrontation that involved Ofir Abramovici betting out 2 or 3k on the turn of a board, only for Jelinek to go all in for 19k more. Abramovici considered it tantalizingly, before, slightly disappointingly for the updaters, passing.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »

John-Paul Kelly is...

Robin Keston did the damage, racing his A-K against JP's Queens, and spiking to send the youngster to the rail.

Meanwhile Chris continues his rampage, raising and re-raising his stack up to 45k or so now, not quite up with the chip leaders but well in the fray nonetheless.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2008, 09:14:45 PM »

During the current 15 minute break, I am joined by Gary Clarke, who tells me that his early dwindling has been curtailed thanks in part to a double through Marc Goodwin.  "I flopped a set.  That's the way to do it."  Now on a comfortable 32, he says in response to the question, "How's things, the tournament, your chip stack, how are you enjoying playing?"

"Good."

So there you have it.  A last minute sneaker-in to what he describes as "Your English equivalent of the Irish Open," mysteriously, Clarke has quite a fanbase both in the UK and Ireland.  He just got a text asking him to come and play darts (in Dublin).  "That would be some throw," he admitted after a pause. 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2008, 09:15:10 PM »

Sam Trickett was on around 18k but then took on a shorter stack with A-J. He was in trouble having run into A-K, but a three clubs flop turned that disadvantage round into cold hard chips and boosted him up to 25k or so.

Dave Colclough looks shortish with only a few chips to his name and could be making a move very soon...

Steve Jelinek has around 27k to his name at this time...

Dan Carter? 20,400.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: