blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:13:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1a  (Read 57384 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: November 27, 2008, 11:52:11 PM »

Zhang by the way is the most popular surname in the world. FACT i think

Yes, he's un-googleable.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: November 27, 2008, 11:56:59 PM »

Around 20k had found its way into the pot by the river of the three diamonds board in a blind-on-blind encounter gone mad, and on that river, Javed Abrahams bet out 12k, leaving himself just 7k or so behind. Dan Carter, alternately perplexed and amused, disappeared into the tank for long enough for whole hands to happen on neighbouring tables, before eventually saying something to the effect that he thought he was beaten, and folding. An only slightly smug Abrahams showed for nothing beyond a turned straight draw that came to nothing. Ouch.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2008, 11:57:48 PM »

Dude, that's freaky.

Evenin' sir.

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:46 AM »

Another James scoops big pot post pls, it's been at least 3 minutes!

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2008, 12:02:44 AM »

Another James scoops big pot post pls, it's been at least 3 minutes!

he has another 4 sets booked before the end of the play i reckon (at least)

ariston

better lucky than good
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2008, 12:04:35 AM »

Kuljinder Sidhu has had a rollercoaster of a final level, on the upswing at the moment after doubling through Tony Cascarino with an A-8 vs. A-5 blind vs. blind all-in preflop hand.  Prior to this, however, Moorman put him in a sticky situation after calling preflop on the button, calling his flop bet on the board, and then raising his 7,500 turn bet (on the ) all in.  With under 10k remaining, Sidhu made a very unhappy-looking fold, and proceeded to walk the felt tightrope for about 20 minutes prior to doubling.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2008, 12:06:32 AM »

Jeff Duvall has been the only one to seriously dent James Akenhead's stack in the last two hours.  He got a full double up from his young neighbour, raising his stack over the very-healthy 80k mark and dropping Akenhead to 40k.  I am not entirely sure about the details but one of them flopped a flush draw, one had a made hand and it all went in on the flop. 

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2008, 12:09:37 AM »

Chris Moorman - 80k.

Up and down all day this boy.

"Whose eye did you stick it in now then Chris?"

"I stuck it in Praz's eye a little bit. He raised, there was a flat call and I squeezed with A-2 (It was probably good anyway!) They both folded and I flashed them the deuce. I don't think he was too happy but I'll tell him later what I had!"

Meanwhile a series of "Ooooohs!" and "Aaaaaaahs!" was heard emanating from table Akenhead / Zhang where Zhang and Mike Ellis where both staring at a board of T-6-T-Q-K.

The reason for the dramatic cries became apparent as Zhang had K-K in front of him , having watched his hand get drawn out on the turn by Mike Ellis' Q-Q, only for Zhang to re-take the lead on the King river.

"That sums up poker in one hand!" someone at the table was heard observing.

So last year's champion Mike Ellis is a late casualty of the day whilst Zhang's sun is rising, up to 80k or so again.

Also going well with 80k or so is Jeff Duval...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2008, 12:10:41 AM »

*****Caveat: Due to the slowness of my connection card, I didn't load previous posts to this one before adding it.  Therefore it may contain repeat information.  If you are in any way sensitive to repeat information, please look away now.******

Dan Carter - he's nothing if not brutally honest.  "Did you see the hand I just got pwned in?" he asked, before cheerfully relating a blind on blind hand against Javed Abrahams.  Abrahams limped, Carter raised with his ; call.
Flop: A-Q-4.  This was checked.
Turn: 9  This brought a second diamond and two pair for Carter.  Abrahams check-raised him (2k to 6k), however, and Carter opted to flat call.
River: three diamonds  Now Abrahams bet out 12k, and, "although usually I just call in these situations, I actually folded.  And he showed me T-J for a turned straight draw!"

That well-timed bluff has left Mr. Carter with around 34k, but he's still cheerful, bless.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 12:13:25 AM by Djinn » Logged

Benjo

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:19 AM »

Just to hark back a moment to the earlier dispute concerning Haircut Of The Day.

Davood Mehrmand's hair clearly has the edge. His hair is so well cultivated that it has grown an intelligence and life force of its own.

Tired of merely sitting atop Davood's head, it wants to break out and start off its own fledgling poker career. It plans to carve out a bankroll by playing small freerolls, perhaps supplementing its income by working as a wig or a stand in double for David Hasselhoff's chest hair for a while.

Then one day, after making a success as a poker player, it wants to have a small family of its very own and settle down.

So many plans, so little time!

First though it has to escape Davood, and it's proven harder than you'd think. Here it is making a break for freedom, unsuccessfully this time...

Fly Davood's hair, Fly!

scary ! reminds me of that halloween simpsons episode where homer gets a wig which starts attacking people.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2008, 12:15:47 AM »

Counts from the end of Level 8 - Have tried to update where they are no longer at all accurate:

Anthony Cascarino   94700
James Akenhead   86075
Long Zhang   73050
William Martin   68900
Ariel Adda   60625
Robin Keston   59975
Panicos Ellinas   53875
Christopher Moorman   52650
Richard Gryko   50100
Gary Clarke   48150
Samuel Trickett   41875
Daniel Carter   41600 - 34k
Jeffrey Duvall   41550 - 80k
Gregory Howard   40575
Kim Wittendorff   37200
Benjamin Vinson   36350
Surinder Sunar   36150
Guy Steel   33500
Javed Abrahams   33125
Peter Wood   32925
Michael Ellis   32200 - OUT
Talal Shakerchi   29800
Stuart Rutter   29600
David Mitchell   29200
Timothy Flanders   28850
Kuljinder Sidhu   25550
Paul Jackson   19150
Ofir Abromovici   18825
Davood Mehrmand   17850
P Bansi   15325  - OUT
Henryk Nowakowski   12975
Iwan Jones   12750  - OUT
Adam Clark   11825

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »

Iwan Jones is having a very bad day. Having exited the main event and gone straight over to the next table (Table Goodwin Plays Chinese Poker, where quite a field are battling it out for supremacy), he's still getting unlucky. "Fucking hell, can't I just win once?"
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2008, 12:24:51 AM »

Meanwhile Adam Clark has upped and left after shoving his into the of Tim Flanders, the two spades board of little use to him.

"There were only 15 minutes left," he justified cheerfully to a buddy at the rail, "I just thought, fuck it..."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2008, 12:33:07 AM »

Keep Your Hair On Davood!

While Davood's barnet plots escape from the cranium of one of the wackiest players on the circuit, its owner Davood's fortunes have not been going too well.

Seeing a flop of , his opponent bet out 2,000. Davood with only 11k back or so ummed and ahhhed and interrogated the player.

"You have some of that? You probably have a ROYAL FLUSH!" spat Davood as he stared menacingly into the eyes of his foe.

"Ha! I don't have a royal but I've got a lot of that" retorted his nemesis, wiping spittle from his glasses but refusing to wither under the feral glance of Mehrmand.

Eventually after much staring and posturing, Davood folded and was shown three clubs for his troubles.

"Did you say you had a lot of that!" laughed someone at the table.

"Well....I'm colourblind!"

Davood remained quiet, though supersonic strains could be heard by nearby dogs as the simmering rage beneath the surface threatened to burst out.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NEVES

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 28, 2008, 12:33:46 AM »

For these brilliant updates.

Many thanks.

Rules are for the obedience of fools and
guidance of wise men.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: