blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:16:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Grand Final - Day 1b  (Read 53065 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2008, 11:45:10 PM »

how many players left for day 2 do you reckon?

my guess would be 54 with around 6 or 7 players not representing the channing stable

next year the tour is being renamed to the GUKPT in assoiciation with NC I believe

ariston

better lucky than good
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2008, 11:47:09 PM »

Interesting chat with Nik Persaud during the break who now has about 36k, following losing much of his stack with 8-8 on a 7-8-9 two heart board versus J-T.

However he regained much of his stack by playing out the following hand...

"I'm new to the table so I just limp in the cut-off with two hearts. The button calls and the small blind makes up.

The flop comes 3x. Now I've got a strong feeling the blinds may check raise me to represent a three, in which case I was going to gauge how strong they were before deciding whether to commit myself.

So I lead out small to give myself room to three bet all-in but instead of what I thought the button flat calls...

It's interesting, I'm not sure what he has there.

The turn is a deuce, I have a little showdown value so I check and now the button bets the full pot - 6k.

I'm thinking about it and I don't see why he would do that with a jack there. Surely he'd go for a bit of pot control. So I check raise all-in and he eventually passes. I've been reading about how Brian Townsend says if you check raise on the turn with 30% equity you're never doing much wrong and you know what...it works!"

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2008, 11:51:57 PM »

First bust-out of level Nine: Stephen Hill whose short stack went in preflop over an early position raiser (around 12k or so) only to find Robert Boon reshoving.  No one else wanted any more of this, and it turned out that Hill's Jacks were up against Boon's Kings.  The original raiser muttered something about passing an Ace, which would have paired straight away sucking out on both of them, but it was not to be - Kings held and we're short handed on the remaining five tables.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2008, 11:54:13 PM »

End of level 8 chip counts, courtesy of the Raab-meister once more. Thank you kindly.

Be afraid Moorman, be very afraid!

Paul Foltyn   121100
Liam Flood   87050
Erik Svanes   77300
Glenn Ashworth   61150
Arshad Hussain   57725
Michael Wernick   56175
Michael Tureniec   51625
Darshan Sami   50400
Priyan Demel   49400
Fuad Serhan   48100
James Dempsey   47150
Stuart Nash   44425
Sunny Chattha   41275
Robert Boon   40350
Stephen Basri   39825
Andrew Warnes   37900
Neil Channing   37850
Nikhil Persaud   36900
James Moult   35625
Roberto Romanello   33600
Martin Green   33475
David Callaghan   32350
Dinh Doat Le   31100
Richard Wheatley   28850
Ketul Nathwani   26575
Nathan Lee   25025
Richard Simmonds   23325
Lee Atherton   20400
Richard Ashby   19775
James Keys   19450
Francis Egan   17200
Graham Pound   15775
Robert Taylor   15100
David Mcconnon   14950
Mazhar Nawab   13475
Walid Salim Khalil   13350
Frank Cruesscallaghan   12400
Stephen Hill   11475
Nichlas Mattsson   11375
Thomas Bichon   10425
Richard Stanley   6650

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2008, 11:56:27 PM »

Interesting chat with Nik Persaud during the break who now has about 36k, following losing much of his stack with 8-8 on a 7-8-9 two heart board versus J-T.

However he regained much of his stack by playing out the following hand...

"I'm new to the table so I just limp in the cut-off with two hearts. The button calls and the small blind makes up.

The flop comes 3x. Now I've got a strong feeling the blinds may check raise me to represent a three, in which case I was going to gauge how strong they were before deciding whether to commit myself.

So I lead out small to give myself room to three bet all-in but instead of what I thought the button flat calls...

It's interesting, I'm not sure what he has there.

The turn is a deuce, I have a little showdown value so I check and now the button bets the full pot - 6k.

I'm thinking about it and I don't see why he would do that with a jack there. Surely he'd go for a bit of pot control. So I check raise all-in and he eventually passes. I've been reading about how Brian Townsend says if you need to drop down a level because becase you're on a downswing then multi acounting is ok and you know what...it doesnt work!"

fyp
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »

Bad news for Maz Nawab and supporters thereof - it looks like he's cutting out the last level and heading off because he's really feeling unwell.  He was a late arrival today, too, according to Mr. Raab, and with under 14k he might be in a bit of trouble tomorrow afternoon at restart.  Unless he's just gone for a power nap or something, but his stack is just sitting there dwindling as I write.  Down to 11,125 now and dropping...

See Nawab's really ill; Pab just has man-flu. 

I can be rude about him because he's doing very well atm.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 12:05:31 AM by danafish » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2008, 12:10:11 AM »

Richard Ashby seems to have limped from the cutoff and then called a Pab raise from the small blind. When Pab bet out on the two spades flop, Ashby pushed all in, Pab called and they turned their cards over. I think that's what happened anyway - all of this was conducted very quickly and in absolute, expressionless silence.

Anyway.

Pab:
Ashby:

Turn: three clubs

River:

A pair of eights for Ashby, and he doubles up to 30k or so, putting the most trifling of dents in the Pab Monster Stack, but possibly enough of a dent to ensure that Chris Moorman has a long and successful poker career. There's still half an hour of the level left, though.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2008, 12:13:18 AM »

Ram Vaswani seems to have exited, but Neil Channing's assorted last longers are no sure thing -- he's just doubled up Fran Egan to the tune of 30k, getting it in I believe on the flop with an open-ended straight draw against Egan's A-K. The straight didn't come in and Egan made two pair just for the sheer hell of it, and Channing is down to 21k.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2008, 12:20:16 AM »

Seasoned Campaigner Chip Count

These guys have been on the circuit for a while. Some say they were there at the dawn of time, raising it up and c-betting while Harrington was still a twinkle in his father's eye.

And they are here still, plying their trade with skill and guile.

Here's to the stalwarts of the profession.

Liam Flood - Liam has had a renaissance this tournament - big stacked throughout, he still has a whopping 75k or so.

Micky Wernick - Legend in name, legend in stature, Micky has worked effectively through the day and has a stack of 38k to show for his endeavours.

Neil Channing - Ever since handing his last banana out to Nik Persaud, Channing's fortunes seem to have trodden carelessly on the discarded skin, and he is now down to 21k.

"I lost a lot raising to 8k on the button with with the two Irish fellas in the blinds(Dave Callaghan and Fran Egan). I usually do well against the Irish! This time though, Fran woke up with pocket Aces. That wasn't in the plan..."

Ali Mallu - The joker in the pack, Ali is completely unpredictable and has about 57k at the moment.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2008, 12:24:10 AM »

Sorry to bring yet more Flushy news.

I know it's tedious to keep hearing about the same player but well, there's always been a lot of action on Flushy's table and the last few minutes was no exception.

He was down to 26k and after I got a count, he posted his big blind and I went off to get further chip counts.

Shortly after he tapped me on the shoulder.

"How blessed are you! As soon as you arrived I got AA in the BB, UTG raised and had Jacks so he paid me off!"

(Double up to 52k)

"Next hand, omg ACES AGAIN!" This time he re-raised (Jim Moult's initial raise I think) and got it through so picked up some more chips.

He now has about 56k or so...

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2008, 12:27:36 AM »

how many players left for day 2 do you reckon?

my guess would be 54 with around 6 or 7 players not representing the channing stable

next year the tour is being renamed to the GUKPT in assoiciation with NC I believe

I reckon around 50 with just 33 remaining or so at the moment, I can see a few more bustouts in the last 20 minutes.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2008, 12:34:41 AM »

No slowdown in action in the final 10 minutes - just saw simultaneously Martin Green shoving all in pre over Liam Flood's initial raise (good dwell; no call) and Richard Simmonds busting with to Richard Ashby's pocket Queens.

Having said that, an enormous ruling-arguing crowd has grown around the Persaud/Pab/Romanello table as a very long drawn-out Situation is recounted and all players look like they're going to hate whatever ruling is given.  Dana is watching it and knows what really happened (sounds like a Panorama intro)...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2008, 12:41:50 AM »

The Situation was still being argued out 10 minutes later so I thought I'd briefly fill Rod in on what had happened so far and leave him to find out the conclusion.

I can, however, offer you the preamble to the Situation.

With around 10k in the pot come the flop, Robert Boon bet 9k. Roberto Romanello, his sole opponent, made it 18k -- to which Boon instantly moved all in for 48.3k total, easily covering Roberto who'd left himself just 16k behind. There followed some lengthy Romanello dwelling before -- here it comes --

"Will you show if I pass?"

The answer was stony silence, and Roberto passed anyway. Boon showed him .
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 02:55:36 AM by danafish » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2008, 01:01:50 AM »

Last hand of the day, Channing ships it in.

"How much is it?" says McConnon in the big blind, who has spent much of the day upsetting his neighbours at his table.

"It's about 12k. I don't mind if you call, I just don't want you to make a mistake with the amount."

"I WANT A COUNT!" demanded McConnon aggressively, to which the dealer counted out Channing's stack at 11,700.

"You want a call do you? I want you out of here!"

"I don't give a f**k what you do either way."

"Ok, I call!"

Channing showed K-2 and McConnon punched the air as he tabled pocket sixes.

"Let's get you out of here, I'm sick of you!" he told Channing with the rest of the table probably feeling the diametric opposite.

The first card the dealer laid out was a six and it looked like his boorish behaviour was about to be rewarded as he flopped a set.

"Hahaha! That's it. Get out of here!" chirped Mcconnon as his hand took a massive lead.

The rest of the board ran out 7-4-3.....5! Miraculously the board made a straight and perhaps a little bit of justice was dealt out.

Channing must have been pretty happy with that fortuitous split but he merely accepted his half of the pot as Mcconnon railed about his bad luck.

In other news, Flushy has seen his stack decimated in the latter stages.

He re-popped a Stuart Nash raise to 9k with pocket nines, which Nash flat called with 20k back.

The flop came Jack high, Flushy set Nash in and he called with K-J, which held...

"Stuart Nash is terrible" said Flushy...

Moorman doesn't need to worry, Pab ended up with 97k. "Not bad!" was Pab's modest assessment of how the day went.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2008, 01:01:58 AM »

Ok, so to the situation. I arrived to see 3k in front of Nik Persaud on the cutoff, cards still in front of Nichlas Mattsson on the button, all of Roberto Romanello's chips across the betting line, and Nik Persaud folding A-9 face up with big blind Richard Wheatley yet to act. It turns out that Mattsson had attempted to raise, but before he'd announced how much, Roberto had announced all in and pushed his chips across the line. Nik folded and Mattsson turned over A-T, not realising that Wheatley was still to act -- from across the table, Wheatley's cards were obscured by his chips. He announced all in too, and flipped over ; Roberto flipped , and at some point Mattsson's cards had become un-flipped and the floor had been called.

To help you visualize the situation, please enjoy this state-of-the-art computer reconstruction:

Anyway, at this point I left as it sort of degenerated into about eight people shouting at each other, but Rod informs me that eventually it was decided that bets out of turn stood, and Wheatley was allowed to call the not very big difference, an easy call given he knew he had Mattsson dominated.

Board: Two Clubs three diamonds

Thus Roberto triples up, Wheatley wins the side pot and Mattsson is crippled down to 11k. That all make sense? Good. Play is now officially over. Woo!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 01:05:15 AM by JungleCat03 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: