blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Champion of Champions Tournament
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Champion of Champions Tournament  (Read 62759 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2008, 07:00:16 PM »

The Pabra Strikes!

One of Pab's less predictable tablemates had been seen shoving the last two hands, on one occasion berating one of his opponents for not calling..("Stick it in you pussy!") much to the amusement of Pab, Jerome Bradpiece and the dealer.

This time Pab raised to 800 from UTG and Jerome Bradpiece flat called, as did another player.

Mr. Pussy now started dwelling "ooooh there's value now! Ok, I shove blind...Honestly I don't know what I've got!"

He now shoved (again) for roughly 4.8k and the Pabra had a little think. "Will you call me a pussy if I fold?"

Eventually, he decided he wanted to stick it in his eye and made the call while Jerome and the other player in the hand threw them away.

Pabra: A-J
Mr P: K-5

FLOP: three clubs (Booooooo!)
TURN: (Yaaaaay!)
RIVER:

Pab arranged his new chips on top of his stack, up to 30k+ now and celebrated with a swig of beer...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2008, 07:07:03 PM »

A lucky escape for Ash Hussain. He raised to 800 only for Andy "Verbal Diarrhoea" Greekfish to make it 2,075. "There's friendship, and then there's taking the piss," justified Greekfish (not his real name). "You've raised me like six times." Nevertheless, Hussain called and they saw a flop.

Flop:

Greekfish now bet out 3.5k, and Hussain went into the tank. "How much have you got left?" he asked, and was told 11k. After some dwelling, he passed, showing the not very good in the process. Greekfish showed him the much better .
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2008, 07:12:02 PM »

A double up for Mr Robert Bostock, all in with agains this opponent's .

Board:

Looks as though Mr Bostock will be sticking around.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »

OUT

Who has busted now?

- Martin Knibb, bluntly

- Ramazanali Abbasi, another victim of the poisonous Pabra
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2008, 07:17:59 PM »

Paul Parker was looking to work his 8k stack into something more worthwhile, seen shoving to pick up the 600 blinds just a few hands previously.

Eventually, he did just that, calling a shortstacked players shove with K-Q, only to find he held a sizeable advantage as his opponent held the dominated hand Q-T.

Only three outs could stop the sharply-dressed maestro but nonetheless, he couldn't watch...

His brown waistcoat shining under the bright lights of the G, the dealer dealt out a relatively safe board of 8-9-3. With a gutshot still a slim possibility, Parker's luck held and he turned round to find his opponent vanquished and his stack boosted to 17.5k.

Definitely something to smile about...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2008, 07:25:41 PM »

Richard Wheatley has doubled up in a blind on blind confrontation with Robert Bostock. Wheatley spent a while counting up his chips on the river of the before deciding to just say a metaphorical 'what the hell' and announce all in. After some pause Bostock called him -- but mucked when Wheatley turned over for flopped trips.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2008, 07:38:52 PM »

An excellent boost for Ganesh Rao, bumping his stack up to 23k. He called a 2.6k bet from his opponent on a Two Clubs flop, and when said opponent checked to him on the turn, he thought about it for a long time, and then announced all in. His opponent thought about it for less time, before folding.

Click to see full-size image.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »

Greekfish has been battling Ash Hussain with mixed success, naturally keeping up a running commentary as he goes along.

First off, he limped pre-flop on Ash's big blind, saying "I'm not messing about with a raise, even though I've got a big hand."

Ash checked and they watched a board of roll off.

Check from Ash and Greekfish issued a soliloquy on the merits of the flop.

"That's a dangerous flop for me, I hope I'm still good. Big hands get cracked on flops like those...I'll bet out small to find out."

400 was the bet after that, which Ash called. "Ah, calling to bluff, I like that" said Greekfish.

TURN:

Check, 1k from Greekfish. "Please call, I want a call, call me." Ash called.

RIVER:

Ash led for 1.5k and now Greekfish bumped it up to 4,000. Ash insta-called with A-T, only for Greekfish to show K-T which was NO GOOD.

"For a good player, you don't even think about what I'm representing there," Greekfish lamented as he sucked on his lollipop petulantly.

"What about what I'm representing!" laughed Ash as he raked in the pot.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2008, 07:46:50 PM »

That wasn't the end of the tale though...

"That's it...I'm on tilt! You won't stop me raising now..." Greekfish followed up with and he was true to his word, popping it up to 1k next hand, getting 3 callers, before firing a 3-4-5 flop successfully and picking up the pot.

Next hand he was in the BB and Ash Hussain raised to 1,200 from late position. Even before any other players had acted, or he had checked his cards, Greekfish picked up his 15k stack and moved it to the edge of a line ready to move all-in.

"Watch this move, this is genious" he told the watching rail.

When the small blind passed, he now took a quick glance at his cards, nodded to himself and pushed his towering column of chips over the line.

Ash looked pained and went into the tank, only for Greekfish to call the clock on him moments later.

Ash eventually folded and Greekfish giggled and showed Two Clubs .

"You can't call there. You'd fold Jacks there. You can only call with Queens, Kings or Aces!"

"Give me A-J and let's do that again..." said Ash a tad grumpily!

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2008, 07:47:03 PM »

And now, Mr Andy "Greekfish Isn't My Real Name" Greekfish is OUT. He got it in well ahead with aces against Ash Hussain's pocket nines, but a nine on the river sent him on his way and boosted the Hussain stack to a probably-chip-leading 50k+.

Mr Andy "So Good They Named Him Twice" Andreou headed for the rail, still complaining about how he'd played the hand perfectly...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2008, 07:56:15 PM »

Sole Female Contender No Longer In Contention

Lorraine Healey shoved for around 8.5k in early position, and Ganesh Rao to her immediate left called. Fold around to big blind Paul Parker, who folded too (8-3 offsuit swept out from under his cat card protector, and an "I didn't get where I am today without the cat's help") and they were on their backs.

Rao:
Healey: two spades Two Diamonds "A wing and a prayer..."

Board: three diamonds

This tournament is now down to zero ladies.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »

Apologies, apologies, our wonderful server went down there.

Chip Counts From 10 Minutes Ago

Marc Goodwin: 13k
Sam Trickett: 30k
Jeff Kimber: 26k
Ben Callinan: 13.1k
Ketul Nathwani: 10k
David Rudling: 40k
Ash Hussain: 46k
Julian Thewster: 7.1k
Darren Seed: 8.3k
Paul Parker: 24.5k
Ganesh Rao: 25.5k
The Pabra: 54k Chip Monster, Hisssssss!!!
Jerome Bradpiece: 26k
Pascal Heynsen: 17.2k
Robert Bostock: 13.5k
Derek Miller: 40k
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2008, 08:18:20 PM »

Andrew Clarke is BUSTO, getting it in either pre or on the flop with against Derek Miller's three diamonds. One of Miller's buddies shouting, "Oh my god you are the luckiest bastard I've ever seen..." to his friend suggests to me that the chips went in pre...

Board: three clubs Two Clubs
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2008, 08:19:36 PM »

Sole Female Contender No Longer In Contention

Lorraine Healey shoved for around 8.5k in early position, and Ganesh Rao to her immediate left called. Fold around to big blind Paul Parker, who folded too (8-3 offsuit swept out from under his cat card protector, and an "I didn't get where I am today without the cat's help") and they were on their backs.

Rao:
Healey: two spades Two Diamonds "A wing and a prayer..."

Board: three diamonds

This tournament is now down to zero ladies.

A shot of Lorraine giving the camera a winning smile as she exits the tournament...

And her vanquisher, Ganesh Rao stacking up his newly won chips...

allinbob2

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2008, 08:24:27 PM »

Dana,

Could you tell me is the mad scouser (Steve Bayliff) still in if so could you give him and Derek Miller a big WOOP WOOP from allinbob AKA Dave Green.

Cheers Mate great updates.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: