blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:04:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Bluesq.com GUKPT Champion of Champions Tournament
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bluesq.com GUKPT Champion of Champions Tournament  (Read 63208 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2008, 11:51:20 PM »

Marc Goodwin raised from the button and Ash Hussain called from the big blind.

They saw a flop of , a turn and a river, all of this betting-free, until Goodwin bet another 6k on the river. Hussain called and it was a split.

Goodwin: three diamonds
Hussain: Two Diamonds

"I knew you had a small one," said Goodwin, apparently not intending the sort of, er, rubdown there, "You only looked at one. It's a tell of sorts."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2008, 11:53:29 PM »

Are any of the top chip-starters still there?...it looks like no. 

My Train of Shame back from Notts passed through Luton, btw.  I deliberated getting off there and coming to see what was up with the Champion of Champions, maybe helping you out with a few hand notes during the busy post bubble hour.  Or I would have, if I wasn't asleep.  The guy who picks up the rubbish at the end of the line had to shoo me off the train.

P.S. Thorpedoed.  Strike three.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2008, 12:01:00 AM »

GOOD LUCK to Tony Ross...blondes reenot GLGLGLGL x
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2008, 12:02:15 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Here's the current chip counts as we home in on our final table:

TABLE 3:

Essy Jahanpour: 15k
Derek Miller: 80k
Ganesh Rao: 25k
David Rudling: 56k
Anthony Ross: 57k

TABLE 2:

The Pabra: 35k
Ash Hussain: 65k
Ben Callinan: 75k
Paul Newman: 40k
Marc Goodwin: 50k

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:42 AM »

My Train of Shame back from Notts passed through Luton, btw.  I deliberated getting off there and coming to see what was up with the Champion of Champions, maybe helping you out with a few hand notes during the busy post bubble hour.  Or I would have, if I wasn't asleep.  The guy who picks up the rubbish at the end of the line had to shoo me off the train.

Yes.

Pab and Marc Goodwin both started with larger than average stacks and have guided them through to the latter stages with all the skill and guile you would expect of a half man/ half cobra and and er an ex-double glazing salesman(ahem!)

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2008, 12:07:22 AM »

Ben Callinan raised from the button; he made it 7k. Paul Newman (not that Paul Newman) in the small blind: he called. Marc Goodwin in the big blind, though: he reraised all, for a whopping 49.7k more.

"Not much of one, is it?" sighed Callinan. Said Goodwin, "You never playedonline, when you press auto-all in?" Said Mr Callinan, "Ive never played before. Mr Callinan dwelled. And dwelled. I thought about getting a cup of tea. But then Mr Callinan called. Mr Newman passed a pair of sixes face up, and it was onwards to Showdown.

Callinan:
Goodwin:

Board: two spades

Goodwin thus made a flush to double up and stay in the game. "Where's Paul Parker?!"

Ben Callinan: 40k
Marc Goodwin: 120k
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2008, 12:08:26 AM »

I'm glad you've caught the Shame Train; we hope to be with you in a few hours. Unless you want to pick us up, of course.

Leave me some of the goulash!

That is all.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2008, 12:09:47 AM »

I'm glad you've caught the Shame Train; we hope to be with you in a few hours. Unless you want to pick us up, of course.

Leave me some of the goulash!

That is all.

Oh, except you may not have seen this yet, so I shall post it again for your benefit:

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2008, 12:21:19 AM »

Thanks for that.

I keep falling asleep, and you would have to do some awesome preempting of the final table finish to get me there on time... if you find yourself in difficulty let me know though.

Keep up the informations, or I will doze off again!  P.S. Does Pab mind being called The Pabra?

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 05, 2008, 12:23:28 AM »

Mr Pab does not know that he is The Pabra. It's like his super-secret alter-ego that even he doesn't know about. We call him Mr Foltyn Sir to his face. The Mighty Poison Pabra behind his back. Hissssss!
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 05, 2008, 12:25:03 AM »

Marc Goodwin has just been loudly admonishing the hand for hand format that is currently in place on the brink of the final table.

"Why are we playing hand for hand when it's only £250 difference? Let's scrap that guys. It seems ridiculous!"

After stating his case most compellingly, he was ushered aside by the tournament director (none other than the lovely Dena) who pointed out that in fact the next jump was £1,000.

"Hmmm" said Marc, re-thinking his strategy.

"Ok then, why are we playing hand for hand when it's only £1,000 difference!"

Much laughter and merriment followed although his complaints died away and the players continued playing hand for hand.

Somewhat slowly....

BIG NEWS TO FOLLOW THOUGH!

Dana has the details!

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: December 05, 2008, 12:28:09 AM »

Ben Callinan, down to 40k or so, raised around 20k. Marc Goodwin reraised all in, Callinan called, and 'ere coom them caaards:

Callinan: A-Q
Goodwin: 9-9

Board: entirely devoid of aces or queens.

Meaning that Ben Callinan is OUT in 10th place, winning 1,000 theoretical Bluesquare internet pounds.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2008, 12:33:07 AM »

We're going to be on that Shame Train back to London any minute now!

Ganesh Rao is the latest to bust out, before they even had a chance to redraw for the final table. Rao moved all in on an A-2-3 flop, but his absolutely bluffalicious K-6 was no good against Ross' A-K, and Ganesh Rao busts in 9th place winning £2,000 English Bluesquare interweb pounds.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2008, 12:33:47 AM »

There is a little confusion regarding the exact order of the bustouts.

We were initially told that as it happened on the same hand, Ben Callinan and Ganesh Rao will split the 9th and 10th monies and thus be receiving £1,500 each.

We'll get official confirmation of this shortly from Jon Raab.

Meanwhile the players are having a short 15 minute break to formulate their strategy so we shall return shortly for the final run in to the champ!

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2008, 12:46:38 AM »

Just to confirm Ben and Ganesh are officially splitting the 9th and 10th spot payouts so it's £1,500 apiece for the pair of them.

Good work fellas!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: