blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:38:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  2012
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012  (Read 22157 times)
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2008, 11:03:12 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I visited my Dad and he surprisingly told me that the world is supposed to end on 21 December 2012.  After laughing at him I asked him why and he spouted some nonsense about Nostradamus and the Mayan calendar and something about Planet X, and told me to go and look it up on google.

Although it seemed ridiculous I also found it quite interesting so I decided to do some research of my own, and whilst I'm not sure that I can bring myself to believe something like that there seems to be quite a lot of evidence to back it up.  Some think that 2012 will bring the end of the world, WIII, or even a human evolutionary advancement.  Just wondering if you guys have heard of any of this before, or what you think?

The Mayan Calender 

The Mayans were an intelligent culture, quite similar to the Egyptians in some respects, who once lived in Central America.  They were very interested in time and calendars, and their calendar system is in fact more accurate than the one we use today.  Their system used three calendars.  Two of these were short calendars that represented days and dates quite similarly to the Gregorian Calendar.  The third calendar is called The Long Count.  The Long Count started close to 5000 years ago, and this 5000 cycle of the Long Count Calendar us due to end on 21st December 2012...

The Mayans also believe that there have been four of these large cycles previous to the current era.  In the first animals roamed the Earth but they didn't please God and were destroyed.  In the second and third inferior types of humans were created but these didn't please God either and were destroyed.  This is one of the reasons some think that 2012 will not bring a disaster, but will instead bring some kind of human advancement or evolutionary process, and not WIII or the end of the world.

Galactic Alignment

On 21st December 2012 an event which takes place only every 25,000 years is going to happen.  The Sun and the Earth will be in perfect alignment with the centre of our Galaxy the Milky Way (which is expected be a black hole incidentally). 

Nostradamus Prophecies

Over the years Nostradamus has gained quite a reputation for prophecising many wars, disasters, and deaths throughout History.  Some of the events he's supposed to have foretold include; Adolf Hitler, 9/11, Napoleon, Princess Diana's death, the Great Fire of London, to name a few.

"From the deepest part of Western Europe
A young child will be born to poor people
Who will by his speech seduce a great multitude,
His reputation will increase in the Kingdom of the East”

This is one of his predictions from the rise of what he described as the 2nd Antichrist.  He predicted three Antichrists altogether.  The 1st is suspected to be Napoleon, the 2nd Adolf Hitler, and the third is supposed to rise when the West and East go to war, which becomes WWWIII.  Just before the war there will be a massive natural disaster which will impact the entire world, causing devastating loss and destruction. In many of his predictions there are anagrams and various numerological codes which have been used by Nostradamus scholars to predict that these events are going to happen over the next 1-20 years.  A big clue is that towards this time there will be a big increase in the frequency and intensity of disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis  But then again, Nostradamus' prophecies have only ever come true before in hindsight. 

Global Pole Shift

Over the years it has been suggested that the Earth's magnetic poles have not always been in the same place, and in order to maintain stability it must shift every 25,000 years or so.  Albert Einstein even suggested that this was the case, and many scientists believe that we are well overdue a pole shift.  If this were to happen it would change life on Earth forever.  Some say it could happen slowly.  Gradually the poles will begin to shift, and eventually some places currently in the Artic will have a tropical climate, and previously tropical climates will be in subzero temperatures.  Most suggest however that it will be a sudden change, which would cause a global catastrophe destroying many cities and producing many natural disasters and obviously severe weather conditions.

Planet X

Since the early 1900s it has been suggested that there is a theoretical object in a large elliptical orbit around the sun.  There are several noted discrepancies in the orbit of several planets in out solar system that some scientists claim can only be caused by an extremely large object in this predicted orbit.  It is theorised that the cycle of this "Planet X" orbit lasts 3600 years, and that other disasters on Earth can be linked to this objects position in the solar system.  It is suggest that Planet X will re-enter out solar system some time in 2009-2012 and that this might possible cause the pole shift mentioned earlier.

I could go on and on forever about this there are so many things relating to it..  The Bible makes references, as does Merlin, and numerous other supposed "seers" throughout history.  Some even describe "men flying in giant metal birds" which on its own is enough to make you wonder.  Web Bot, something invented to try and predict changes in the stock market by using the internet and is supposed to have predicted 9/11 has predicted something major occurring in 2012.  It's all a little spooky really...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 11:19:32 PM by PocketLady » Logged

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 11:06:32 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I visited my Dad and he surprisingly told me that the world is supposed to end on 21 December 2001.  After laughing at him I asked him why and he spouted some nonsense about Nostradamus and the Mayan calendar and something about Planet X, and told me to go and look it up on google.

Although it seemed ridiculous I also found it quite interesting so I decided to do some research of my own, and whilst I'm not sure that I can bring myself to believe something like that there seems to be quite a lot of evidence to back it up.  Some think that 2012 will bring the end of the world, WIII, or even a human evolutionary advancement.  Just wondering if you guys have heard of any of this before, or what you think?

The Mayan Calender 

The Mayans were an intelligent culture, quite similar to the Egyptians in some respects, who once lived in Central America.  They were very interested in time and calendars, and their calendar system is in fact more accurate than the one we use today.  Their system used three calendars.  Two of these were short calendars that represented days and dates quite similarly to the Gregorian Calendar.  The third calendar is called The Long Count.  The Long Count started close to 5000 years ago, and this 5000 cycle of the Long Count Calendar us due to end on 21st December 2012...

The Mayans also believe that there have been four of these large cycles previous to the current era.  In the first animals roamed the Earth but they didn't please God and were destroyed.  In the second and third inferior types of humans were created but these didn't please God either and were destroyed.  This is one of the reasons some think that 2012 will not bring a disaster, but will instead bring some kind of human advancement or evolutionary process, and not WIII or the end of the world.

Galactic Alignment

On 21st December 2012 an event which takes place only every 25,000 years is going to happen.  The Sun and the Earth will be in perfect alignment with the centre of our Galaxy the Milky Way (which is expected be a black hole incidentally). 

Nostradamus Prophecies

Over the years Nostradamus has gained quite a reputation for prophecising many wars, disasters, and deaths throughout History.  Some of the events he's supposed to have foretold include; Adolf Hitler, 9/11, Napoleon, Princess Diana's death, the Great Fire of London, to name a few.

"From the deepest part of Western Europe
A young child will be born to poor people
Who will by his speech seduce a great multitude,
His reputation will increase in the Kingdom of the East”

This is one of his predictions from the rise of what he described as the 2nd Antichrist.  He predicted three Antichrists altogether.  The 1st is suspected to be Napoleon, the 2nd Adolf Hitler, and the third is supposed to rise when the West and East go to war, which becomes WWWIII.  Just before the war there will be a massive natural disaster which will impact the entire world, causing devastating loss and destruction. In many of his predictions there are anagrams and various numerological codes which have been used by Nostradamus scholars to predict that these events are going to happen over the next 1-20 years.  A big clue is that towards this time there will be a big increase in the frequency and intensity of disasters such as earthquakes and tsunamis  But then again, Nostradamus' prophecies have only ever come true before in hindsight. 

Global Pole Shift

Over the years it has been suggested that the Earth's magnetic poles have not always been in the same place, and in order to maintain stability it must shift every 25,000 years or so.  Albert Einstein even suggested that this was the case, and many scientists believe that we are well overdue a pole shift.  If this were to happen it would change life on Earth forever.  Some say it could happen slowly.  Gradually the poles will begin to shift, and eventually some places currently in the Artic will have a tropical climate, and previously tropical climates will be in subzero temperatures.  Most suggest however that it will be a sudden change, which would cause a global catastrophe destroying many cities and producing many natural disasters and obviously severe weather conditions.

Planet X

Since the early 1900s it has been suggested that there is a theoretical object in a large elliptical orbit around the sun.  There are several noted discrepancies in the orbit of several planets in out solar system that some scientists claim can only be caused by an extremely large object in this predicted orbit.  It is theorised that the cycle of this "Planet X" orbit lasts 3600 years, and that other disasters on Earth can be linked to this objects position in the solar system.  It is suggest that Planet X will re-enter out solar system some time in 2009-2012 and that this might possible cause the pole shift mentioned earlier.

I could go on and on forever about this there are so many things relating to it..  The Bible makes references, as does Merlin, and numerous other supposed "seers" throughout history.  Some even describe "men flying in giant metal birds" which on its own is enough to make you wonder.  Web Bot, something invented to try and predict changes in the stock market by using the internet and is supposed to have predicted 9/11 has predicted something major occurring in 2012.  It's all a little spooky load of nonsense really...

FYP.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 11:10:12 PM »

ah well, at least we all get a chance to go to the olympics before that fateful day.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »

Lol, I read somewhere that Nostradamus said this was all going to happen during the time of the "games of slaughter".  GBR are going to cock it up so bad even he saw it coming!

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 11:20:09 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I visited my Dad and he surprisingly told me that the world is supposed to end on 21 December 2001. 

would he not have been better off choosing a date in the future?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 11:23:01 PM »

Lol, edited 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 11:24:05 PM »

Hi Danni,

Two things.

1) You need Edit the end of the first sentence. If the World is gonna end in 2001, it's all over, 7 years ago.

2) Ease up on the Sherry.

Have a nice you-know-what.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »

Lol, edited 

Too late. boldie quoted it. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »

I'm gonna have my birthday party a night early that year

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 12:12:51 AM »

WW111
Dictator
Global change/devastation

Typical family Christmas then.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 12:22:22 AM »

He's come out with loads of shit that hasnt happend, he was a chemist and used to take all sorts of gear, if he was alive now he'd be in rehab and he's mum and sister would be on Jerermy Kyle slagging him off.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 10:55:54 AM »

Nostradamus also said that a man named MADAS would end the world. That's 'Sadam' backwards.

We know what happened there.

gg

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 11:41:53 AM »

Nostradamus also said that a man named MADAS would end the world. That's 'Sadam' backwards.

gg

Didn't he say a "Mad Ass" would end the world?

There's time yet.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
PocketLady
Northampton Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »

gg

I think the name he refers to is MABUS which some have taken to mean Sadam.  Some also think it could mean George Bush, Barack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, or a leader from the East not yet known to us.  

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 11:55:55 AM »

gg

I think the name he refers to is MABUS which some have taken to mean Sadam.  Some also think it could mean George Bush, Barack Obama, Osama Bin Laden, or a leader from the East not yet known to us.  

Yes, because all those names sound a lot like MABUS. It makes perfect sense really....in fact it's quite scary how similar it is.

I shall call Nostradamus "Frank" from now on...it's close enough and I'm sure he wouldn't mind...in fact, I shall call everybody quoting him Frank from now on, I'm bound to be right sooner or later.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: