blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:34:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  just need opinions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: just need opinions  (Read 9171 times)
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 09:28:01 PM »

thx for reply bolt/alex etc etc, to be honest i have posted this on a few forums and mainly around 85% were for the all in flop?

i just cant see it myself as he has raised pre , made his CB , then when check raised he did not tank long to re-raise me back
and the way he sized it suggested to me he was strong,all i could think was that his range now was QQ JJ 22 AKcc or KTcc
and AA KK - 3 hands i'm buggered , KTcc i'm actually a slight dog , AKcc is actually not far behind [nearly a flip] so that leaves only AA and KK that i'm a good favourite [70%]

so given my read of the situation and that i had 143bb left, i opted for the fold...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:29:40 PM by noble1 » Logged
leedsfish

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 12:20:38 AM »

where did you ebd up comming
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 12:37:32 AM »

142nd i had AA cracked by KK all in pre  Sad   never mind  lol
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:25 AM »

is this flop 3bet actually a bad size? the minimum we can make it is 1190, I cant see anything wrong with 1590 at all..is tournament poker just going to come down to who can min-raise other people into frustration/submission?

noble1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 01:41:37 AM »

villain had QQ - he made a point of a show after i folded..........................
the guy has invested just over 1800 of his 5000 starting stack and there is still 2 cards to come,i took this as a pointer that he had a strong hand,my position did not help matters and it was beginning of tourny.

i still cannot see the logic in shoving the flop or if by calling flop i have to lead turn and if villain re-raises again which i thought at the time highly likely then folding was my best option.
I thought my check raise plus the flop texture made him give away the strength of his hand....
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:43:10 AM by noble1 » Logged
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »

villain had QQ - he made a point of a show after i folded..........................
the guy has invested just over 1800 of his 5000 starting stack and there is still 2 cards to come,i took this as a pointer that he had a strong hand,my position did not help matters and it was beginning of tourny.

i still cannot see the logic in shoving the flop or if by calling flop i have to lead turn and if villain re-raises again which i thought at the time highly likely then folding was my best option.
I thought my check raise plus the flop texture made him give away the strength of his hand....

dont be results orientated, without a sick read or knowing villain you shouldnt make a habit of big folds. given you have a Q and a J the likelihood of QQ or JJ goes down ridiculously. That combined with the clubs on the boards and the strength of big combodraws (which would be played fast normally) means folding is bad.

having said all that, you pieced together a puzzle well and made the right decision, so fk what i say tbh.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 12:00:44 PM »

[  ] Villain showing must have tilted you really hard for not calling with your top two

[ X ] Still think this is a call

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 12:13:23 PM »

thx for replies guys,
was not being nitty  lol lol i have tried the C/R play oop with 2 pair on and off especially on flop textures like this and i found
i get more of an idea of what the villains in position on me could possibly have. [in a raised pot,early stages]

if i call his re-raise on the flop though,i'm not sure what sort of line to take if he re-raises again or ships it in..
what would be your plan on 4th street if you called villains re-raise?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »

Please don't 'raise for info' EVER!!!

Please don't raise with top 2 on such a draw heavy board to then fold to a re-raise!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »

Please don't raise with top 2 on such a draw heavy board to then fold to a re-raise!

For those of us that don't understand that, (many in number), can you explain it, please, using little words?

In know it's a mantra of yours, adopted by the Upstarts generally now, (and may well be right) but I'm quite keen to hear the rationale.

TIA.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 05:46:11 PM »

For those of us that don't understand that, (many in number), can you explain it, please, using little words?

In know it's a mantra of yours, adopted by the Upstarts generally now, (and may well be right) but I'm quite keen to hear the rationale.

TIA.

lol here we go again....

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 06:17:05 PM »

sigh
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »

TIA.

lol here we go again....

Seems a fair question to ask, for those of us that don't grasp the concept! I know, I'll get a volley of sighs & lols, but I might learn something, too.

Next I plan to ask how much a gay bet is, & what does "yo" mean. But one at a time.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »

TIA.

lol here we go again....

Seems a fair question to ask, for those of us that don't grasp the concept! I know, I'll get a volley of sighs & lols, but I might learn something, too.

Next I plan to ask how much a gay bet is, & what does "yo" mean. But one at a time.

I'm afraid James is wrong about this. I think it's something born out of the internet game. How someone reacts to a bet both physically and strategically gives you information, information that you wouldn't have if you didn't bet. But don't take my word for it cos Kin asked yoyo in the well if he bet for info and he said "i guess all bets are information, so yeah". End of really. I understand the concept but it has just melted into don't bet for info.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »

interesting stuff,so i should never fold? if you could expand on this as to why please..

did you pinch ''the do not raise for info'' off jimmy fricke? i did not raise for info,if you read the thread i raised because i thought i had the best hand till he re-raised back and i figured i was behind [but i folded 2 pair] which you seem to think was wrong but give no explanation as to why..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: