blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:45:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Beginners guide to Holdem Manager
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beginners guide to Holdem Manager  (Read 76774 times)
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »

This is interesting stuff Tank thanks.

I was just curious after reading this last example. You say that the vpip/pfr figure has to be interpreted differently depending on whether you are 6 or 8 handed.

Does HEM filter the figures and adjust them as players drop out or does this have to be done manually?

You set the figures manually in additional HUD options. Once set up though, Holdem manager will automatically display the relevant stats.
(or it will 5 seconds after the hand after the player has been eliminated, coz it won't be till then that HoldemManager knows the player has gone.)

Some screenshots, examples of 2 possible ways to set it up is somewhere on page one of this thread I think, near the bottom.

I'm probably going to change mine now.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:31:01 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 03:25:35 PM »

I've changed my 6 handed filter to 5-6 handed instead of the 5-8 handed that it was at before.

Otherwise, the 7 and 8 handed stats from full-ish table early play will contaminate my stats when 6-handed and mislead me into thinking players are limping more at high blinds when they are not.

So I'll have no info on a new player as soon as we go to 6-handed play, but the trade-off is that as soon as we get to 6 handed (Which doesn't happen too often before 50/100) I'm free to use the stats to help identify high blind limpers and not before.

This is a good example of why I've started this thread. It gives me an oppurtunity to learn new stuff.
I wouldn't have picked up on that if I hadn't been working on this thread and thinking about stuff.
The K9 error was 8-handed (so no excuse, it was just spewy) but I've probably been making a few mistakes when 6-handed too. I quite probably have incorrectly pegged people as high blind limpers and shoved too marginally over their limps.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 03:28:47 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »

Does Holdemmanager track all your sit n go results, roi, itm and $'s won/lost?

It does as of this week and it is pretty good as well imo. They have incorporated a lot of tourney manager into holdem manager basically.

i updated today but can't work out how to do this??? I click on the "tourney" tab and I should have a "results" tab underneath it? I haven't, I've got reports/preflop cards/hands/sessions/graphs like I do if I'm in the "Cash" tab. If I click on sessions or graphs it says "not currently available for tourneys"

confuzzed Sad

Not able to help you out with this I'm afraid because I'm still looking into the new features myself. (or just about to even)
Longy might know, else the HE manager forum is pretty good. The techhies there have reportedly been super quick of late in replying to questions and resolving problems posted on the forum. (or so someone was saying on the 2+2 STT strat forum a couple of days ago)

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »

Does it filter between 6 handed and 10 handed games?

Also do you know of any compatibility issues with iPoker and Vista?

I've always wanted one of these HUD thingy's but have never got round to it. I'm very tempted now because I can see how these figures could be useful.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 03:53:00 PM »

There are check boxes in the player preferences window on the top left hand side where you can choose to include or exclude HU, six handed, full ring and tournament hands. You can also toggle between using NL or fixed limit data with these boxes.
To be honest I'm not sure whether this works for 6-pac STTs and full ring STTs coz I never use that part of the program. (being a one trick pony)

I ain't used it on i-poker personally, but I'm pretty sure it's compatible. I have used it on Vista with no issues.

AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »

wp for doing this tank sir
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 04:51:02 PM »

There are check boxes in the player preferences window on the top left hand side where you can choose to include or exclude HU, six handed, full ring and tournament hands. You can also toggle between using NL or fixed limit data with these boxes.
To be honest I'm not sure whether this works for 6-pac STTs and full ring STTs coz I never use that part of the program. (being a one trick pony)

I ain't used it on i-poker personally, but I'm pretty sure it's compatible. I have used it on Vista with no issues.

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »

ive had a nightmare with this hm over last few days, i mailed stars and they sent me every hand ive ever played there, tried to import them -gt some in and it says i have 11k hands for me but i can only access 1k hands etc etc , spent to many hrs trying to sort it, just gonna take the lappy over to cauncks and he can fix it hopefully

well done on the thread tank ill refer bk to it quite a bit

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 08:06:07 PM »

Just got started this afternoon.

First impressions are good. Even managed to steal someone's BB with a little raise.

I did find it quite off putting though as I was trying to alter things while playing. Obviously this is just teething problems.

Thumbs up so far. No problems with installation or importing HH's etc.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 08:27:21 PM »

It does as of this week and it is pretty good as well imo. They have incorporated a lot of tourney manager into holdem manager basically.

i updated today but can't work out how to do this??? I click on the "tourney" tab and I should have a "results" tab underneath it? I haven't, I've got reports/preflop cards/hands/sessions/graphs like I do if I'm in the "Cash" tab. If I click on sessions or graphs it says "not currently available for tourneys"

confuzzed Sad

Hmmm not had this problem and i have installed all the new betas for 1.08. As tank i would post the bug on their forum or email them and they will respond pretty quickly.
Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »

Interesting stuff tank, i am going to run a few of these hand in sngwiz as my initial reaction with 36s and 85s hands was i really don't like the look of those. Even though we know villians limp a lot doesn't mean they aren't going to snap off your shove, with small pairs, broadway and ax hands. I would need a read they limp fold a good % of the time before shoving those hands and when doing things like that it is important to look at the players left to act behind you and know whether they will call loose.

I think the k9s isn't that bad, but would probably pass it in game. I like it more than some of the other hands at first glance, off to do some work with sngwiz.

Excellent post btw, it is rare I see something posted about sngs these days that is new to me.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 08:52:10 PM »

confuzzed Sad

Hmmm not had this problem and i have installed all the new betas for 1.08. As tank i would post the bug on their forum or email them and they will respond pretty quickly.

ah didn't realise it was only in the beta version, got it now thx

so if I play a sng it automatically knows what buyin it was? no manual importing malarky?

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 09:11:49 PM »

Interesting stuff tank, i am going to run a few of these hand in sngwiz as my initial reaction with 36s and 85s hands was i really don't like the look of those. Even though we know villians limp a lot doesn't mean they aren't going to snap off your shove, with small pairs, broadway and ax hands. I would need a read they limp fold a good % of the time before shoving those hands and when doing things like that it is important to look at the players left to act behind you and know whether they will call loose.

I think the k9s isn't that bad, but would probably pass it in game. I like it more than some of the other hands at first glance, off to do some work with sngwiz.

Excellent post btw, it is rare I see something posted about sngs these days that is new to me.

Easy to be new when you're talking bollox.  Cheesy

I certainly welcome the criticism, apart from the 33 and KJo hands, I've picked what I thought were a few marginal spots, but they may well turn out to be out and out mistakes.

They're quite tough ones to Wiz I find, with only being able to choose a range of cards with Wiz ( a range that is designed to represent hands people like to shove with rather than a limping range), and not being able to pick individual hands that you think opponent might be limping with.
For example, I might think an opponent will limp with 9Ts, but to include this hand in Wiz, I have to adjust his range to 38% and include stuff like K4o, even though I think same opponent will snap fold that.
If I think an opponent is limping with 98o and the like, it's even harder to analyze with Wiz as to include that hand you need to slide the range all the way to 58% that will, again, include stuff I think same opponent would snap fold like J2s and Q2o.
Then there's the quandry of the eliminate range too, you can take off their best cards (that you think they would have raised with) but you can't leave in AA or KK that they'll sometimes limp with. These are the first two it'll take off.

Just defending myself a little before Wiz laughs at me for making a -2.50% shove or something like that. Wink
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:14:17 PM by thetank » Logged

Longy

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »

confuzzed Sad

ah didn't realise it was only in the beta version, got it now thx

so if I play a sng it automatically knows what buyin it was? no manual importing malarky?

Yes it does, which is pretty sweet. No more mailing stars to get your last 1000 sngs.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2009, 12:52:25 AM »

Hi guys, not sure if someone can help me or not.    I've a new computer and installed HEM again on it but starting with a new database so I don't mind losing the info from my old comp at the moment.

I'm 99% sure I set it all up correct but it doesn't seem to import hands that well, in fact I'm not sure how I got the hands in there that I have because whenever I click on Auto Import or Import from file, it says it's importing but no hands get recognised.  Also, when clicking Auto Import, the HUD table window opens but no tables are in it, then it disapears.

I definately have HH's set to save locally from the poker clients, the files are all there.

Any ideas on where/what to check?  I haven't a clue what else to check.  I thought it maybe something to do with the database thing you need to download and install but if it were that, I don't think i'd have any hands in there would I?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:57:51 AM by Silo Graham » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: