blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:13:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Beginners guide to Holdem Manager
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beginners guide to Holdem Manager  (Read 76764 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2009, 05:15:00 PM »

I'm actually using Xp because i think vista's shit,drive c is called vista (used to have vista on this laptop) does the user access thing still happen and if so where do i find it thanks

you won't have it. it was introduced with vista so back to square one I'm afraid

Sigh FML
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »

Working now,cheers
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »

Hik, same problem as a guy earlier, HEM doesnt seem to like getting the HH's from my PC.

It is on auto import and every time it trys it comes up with "import errors : 34 (or what ever)"

Any ideas?
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 19, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »

Just re-read through the lot Tank, excellent thread.

8/9 months on, any other tweaks you've made to your set-up?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 19, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »

Nah, just trying to keep on top of what I need to do to have the HUD actually work. Smiley

I like the idea of throughly reading the manual and playing about/experimenting to get the most out of software. I'm doing something similar at the moment with a chess program called Chessbase. I won't bore you with the details but suffice is to say I'm inspired by the possibilties that this program has to offer someone into chess and in particular chess training.

With computer programs in more general terms, I've learnt there can be a huge gap in terms of using a program to meet the basic needs of why you bought it and learning to exploit the possibilities you wouldn't have otherwise thought about based on what a particular program is capable of. Admittedly the cool shit is sometimes just bells and whistles, sometimes it's much much more and does serve a practical function.

Would recommend anyone who wants to get the most out of Holdem Manager read the manual (not all at once, just a wee bit each day) and have a play about. The more familar you get with the program, you'll advance to the stage of not thinking about how to get certain bits of information, but how to use that information to make your game better (if that makes sense?)

The manual isn't in the help tab of the actual program, but can be downloaded here.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/support.html

The time you spend on this kind of stuff will be repaid if you're using the program often. Both on the level of working out how to do the stuff you want to do quickly, and in terms of what that stuff is that you might want to do actually is. Sigh, badly worded sentenceaments
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 12:37:26 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »

I know its been mentioned that its all automatically imported on here but the tourney results doesnt seem to work for me, they seem to import correctly sporadically for 6 seat and 9 seat STTs but I get empty $ results for lots of games especially on multi table STTs, MTTs and incorrect finish positions, like 8th if I go out in 8th on that table rather than say 15th.

Do you have to keep the lobby open or something (i have table ninja shutting mine) for for it to work or I am just being a pleb here?

shit @ poker since 1998
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »

The main problem I have is my HUD doesn't automatically find my active tables.

I can get the HUD up through table finder no problem at all but it can be a bit of a pain doing this whilst 5 or 6 tabling mtts.

Anybody else had this problem or know of a fix?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

I can get the HUD up through table finder no problem at all but it can be a bit of a pain doing this whilst 5 or 6 tabling mtts.

Had that problem on stars but when I downloaded the new patch it seemed to sort it

shit @ poker since 1998
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2009, 01:55:03 PM »

Had that problem on stars but when I downloaded the new patch it seemed to sort it

Thanks for that. It's stars where I have the problem.

I didn't know there was a new patch. I only installed HEM about a month ago. Is the patch more recent than this?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 19, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »

Just updated from 1.08.04 to 1.09.02

Hopefully will sort it.

Thanks again.

RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »

Fwiw my Hud is filtered

2-3
4-6
7-9

With no overlaps, as you have pointed out there are shortfalls in most filtering system, with sample sizes and changing dynamics. I try to make an effort in game to spot stand out tight or loose stats from early levels, so i can remember that for the mid and late game.

Good post so far Tank.

I assume this was for STTs?

Do you use this or another set up for the 45-seat SnGs? Presumably the way the the table size fluctuates independant of the blinds (until the FT) makes this sort of filtering less effective?

Cheers,
RR
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:34:05 AM by RioRodent » Logged

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »

Fwiw my Hud is filtered

2-3
4-6
7-9

With no overlaps, as you have pointed out there are shortfalls in most filtering system, with sample sizes and changing dynamics. I try to make an effort in game to spot stand out tight or loose stats from early levels, so i can remember that for the mid and late game.

Good post so far Tank.

Do you use this or another set up for the 45-seat SnGs? Presumably the way the the table size fluctuates independant of the blinds (until the FT) makes this sort of filtering less effective?

Cheers,
RR

Yeah now i am playing 45's i have turned my filters off, as they just aren't as accurate as you get short handed play with 2 tables left than again at the final table and sample sizes 3 handed are useless in almost all cases.
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »

Fwiw my Hud is filtered

2-3
4-6
7-9

Good post so far Tank.

Cheers,
RR

Yeah now i am playing 45's i have turned my filters off, as they just aren't as accurate as you get short handed play with 2 tables left than again at the final table and sample sizes 3 handed are useless in almost all cases.

Thanks for the reply... inspired by your staking thread, I have been having a go at the 45-man SnGs, albeit at $3.25. There may be more questions to follow!

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2010, 02:37:17 PM »

All,
           Just got the Free trial after reading and being inspired by this thread.

I only play on Stars and pretty much only play tourney $10 max.

Would apprecite any guidance in getting the most of my 15 day trial.

Thanks.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2010, 03:18:42 PM »

All,
           Just got the Free trial after reading and being inspired by this thread.

I only play on Stars and pretty much only play tourney $10 max.

Would apprecite any guidance in getting the most of my 15 day trial.

Thanks.

Don't go on a 2 week holiday.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: