blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSq.com GUKPT Brighton: Day 2  (Read 62938 times)
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2009, 12:45:33 AM »

So if you were me. you think what Iwan did was correct and you would be happy?

Try if you can to ignore the fact that a pretty shit ruling has been made here, i don't think you can be enforced to call an unquantifiable amount.

I've seen it many times where there are 5 minute arguments at the table and nobody thinks to call the floor as that is almost ineveitably the only way to solve it. It's annoying and a complete waste of time. If Iwan's involvement was just to defuse and speed up the process he's acted correctly and sensibly and couldn't find any fault with him.
I'd be more peeved with Frazer if he completely took advantage of the situation and changed the amount he was going to bet. Not that he broke any rules by doing that it just isn't great form.

Dave, read my essay above your 1st post and you can clearly see Iwans involvement... let me know your thoughts then...

Ok like most arguments both parties have fairly different versions of it to tell. Dunno which is right probably somewhere inbetween as is often the case. Not prepared to get into an argument as to who is describing the situation most accuarately. Your piece does make the call for a ruling sound a little premature.
Still hate the ruling.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2009, 12:47:31 AM »

great updates flops. thankyou.

gl Lewindon 2moro!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2009, 12:59:03 AM »

As I said earlier, the rule itself is going to be discussed in great detail and all the intricacies of the situations that may arise out of it will be considered before we make any decision about what to do with it in the future.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2009, 01:04:16 AM »

great updates again floppy - you're doing a sterling job!

I don't like the ruling either.  I was involved in a similar hand in Friday's side event.  I had the nuts on the river and it was checked to me.  I was just about to bet 400 into the pot when the other guy said 'call' so I stuck in a bit more, and he folded.  The dealer confirmed with him that he'd said 'call' and he said he had, when I was going to bet 400.  I didn't call for a ruling because as I saw it no chips had passed the line as he had said it and I didn't think for a minute he would be held to it - I also think it would have been very harsh if he had, so I'm glad I didn't.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2009, 01:19:12 AM »

my 2 peneth on the rulling,,,i think its wrong and silly table talk is good for the game,all the times ive heard and said im going all in this hand any 2 cards.,.,.when your stacked up,.,.,,.,.,comes to me and fold.,...,.,.,lol.,.,bollox lalala..,.,

not one person have thought this but ian could have had a bag of chit,HOW DID IWAN KNOW WHAT HE WAS HOLDING?Huh??HE COULD HAVE FOOKED IT UP FOR IAN.,.,.,.,.,
,,and making a move for 12k then when this rulling was made,,what would have pryan said if ian had no hand and was moving with no hand,,,DONT BLAME IWAN FOR A BAD RULING,,I know hes a mate but it could have worked in your favour if ian had spanners ,,,then ian would have been having ago at iwan for opening his mouth,,..,.
point is did iwan know what ian was holding?Huh?Huh??/if he did and it was a strong hand then i think iwan and ian are out of order,,,but there should be no-way that iwan should know his hand...

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2009, 01:33:32 AM »

it could have worked in your favour if ian had spanners ,,,then ian would have been having ago at iwan for opening his mouth,,..,.

technically it couldnt have, as if tht were the case Ian would just check and Pryan wins no additional bet on the river where he would have won the extra bet when picking off the bluff.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2009, 02:06:40 AM »

lol biggest joke rule ive ever seen or heard about in a long while. total bollox.

after hearing about this earlier, Steve holden pulled off the move when a guy limped the button, and steve said raise. he guy said hes gonna call, steve then moved all in and the guy laughed when steve said he had to call and mucked. A ruling was needed and 90 mins later they counted steve's stack and took the same chips of the other guy a local whom fluhsy knows. There was alot of arguing here as the team had set a precident earlier with the pryian hand. It got a bit daft tbh.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2009, 09:49:05 AM »

it could have worked in your favour if ian had spanners ,,,then ian would have been having ago at iwan for opening his mouth,,..,.

technically it couldnt have, as if tht were the case Ian would just check and Pryan wins no additional bet on the river where he would have won the extra bet when picking off the bluff.
i dont know if i tried to explain it correct,,,,

ill try again

say ian got spanners when all cards are out,he then goes to make a small 12k bet to get pryan off the pot,and then pryan says ill have to call,
STOP,,,,,,,, THAT BET STANDS SAYS IWAN,ian goes quiet here ,,,if he had a chit hand he would have had a go at iwan saying why did you say that?Huh???now knowing he is going to be called?Huh?

ok he didnt have a chit hand,but iwan dont know this,now ian takes advantage of the ruling as his hand must me strong......

does this make a little more sence?Huh??

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2009, 09:54:55 AM »

i dont know if i tried to explain it correct,,,,

ill try again

say ian got spanners when all cards are out,he then goes to make a small 12k bet to get pryan off the pot,and then pryan says ill have to call,
STOP,,,,,,,, THAT BET STANDS SAYS IWAN,ian goes quiet here ,,,if he had a chit hand he would have had a go at iwan saying why did you say that?Huh???now knowing he is going to be called?Huh?

ok he didnt have a chit hand,but iwan dont know this,now ian takes advantage of the ruling as his hand must me strong......

does this make a little more sence?Huh??

[  ] yes

RoyCropper

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »

I have played with Iwan numerous times and have no doubt he has impeccable integrity. Applying the same rulings throughout the whole of a tournament is something I feel is very important.
However, if the situation unfolded as Priyan has said I would be thoroughly incensed. The ruling is almost too ridiculous to discuss. The TD gave a long speech before the competition started but I did not hear him talk about this new (never seen it applied anywhere else in the world) and farcical ruiling that states that `anything you say when you have cards will be taken literally and enforced even when you are not the one to act'. The GKUPT's are generally very well run, but this is a shameful situation.
waxy135

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2009, 12:39:22 PM »

just to make a comment about that ruling i think Frasier used is experienced and new he was totally wrong and out of order to me he cheated and Jones should keep is mouth shut he is not involved in the hand end of pryan was cheated and justice was done when Jones and Frasier are both out
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2009, 03:00:04 PM »

When I first gave my views was when we thought that Priyan had said "I've got to call" after the all-in bet has been made. However, if this was not the case, this changes everything.
The most shocking part of the decision for me was the farce of the TD coming across when the ruling had been half made, seeing Frazer's chips all over the line, and thinking that this was the state of play when Priyan made his comment. The TD has got to have the know-how and authority to establish the facts of the situation and make a ruling he believes in, rather than making a decision on part of the evidence, or wanting to back  up rhe rest of his team.

If it really is the case that this technically is the correct ruling now, that almost makes the situation worse. Either the situation has changed and the players were not told. Or a number of situations I have seen in the past years should have been enforced but never were, as the TD has made a bizarre and secret decision to suddnenly clamp down on a situation that everyone was familiar with.

I really don't think anyone should question Iwan Jones' integrity; when he said what he did, he could not even have known who it would benefit, and his comment was probably out of frustration of the same kind of ruling randomly being enforced and not enforced over the previous couple of days. But vul Priyan,must be so hard to take.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 18, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »

I really don't think anyone should question Iwan Jones' integrity; when he said what he did, he could not even have known who it would benefit, and his comment was probably out of frustration of the same kind of ruling randomly being enforced and not enforced over the previous couple of days. But vul Priyan,must be so hard to take.

THIS IS WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY,WHO WOULD IT BENEFIT?Huh?? IF IWAN DIDNT KNOW EITHER HAND???

IWAN I THINK WOULD HAVE CALLED IT ON ANYONE,THATS THE WAY HE IS.
SOMETIMES HE'S A PAIN AND OTHER TIMES HES A TOP GUY.
BUT HE DO KNOW THE RULES,AND THEY MUST BE FOLLOWED(EVEN IF ITS A SHIT RULE)

AS SAID BEFORE YOU CAN'T BLAME IWAN FOR YOU EXIT,YOU HAVE TO BLAME  THE RULES
I THINK ITS THE MOST RIDICULOUS RULE EVER AND IM SURE IT WILL BE AMMENDED AND BANISHED.

tryerboy

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 18, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »

martyn cavanagh here iwan is my m8 and i like  priyan as well. must say i was on next table when ian said to dealer does that go. dealer says i THINK SO. i think we all no thats not much help.  iwan then says get a ruling he was not doing it to help ian or priyan. just to get on with next hand. i no he did not wont to upset any one. i no he will not like me saying this but he is upset by all this.  hi sofa u still my KING

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 18, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »

Martyn Cavanagh here iwan is my m8 and i like  priyan as well. must say i was on next table when ian said to dealer does that go. dealer says i THINK SO. i think we all no thats not much help.  iwan then says get a ruling he was not doing it to help ian or priyan. just to get on with next hand. i no he did not wont to upset any one. i no he will not like me saying this but he is upset by all this.  hi sofa u still my KING

of-course mate,,not long now and we will be together forev..,.,.,oh chit heres mel.,.,.

hope you ok mate i will email you in the week.....

dont you think what i said about who it would benefit?Huh??makes sence?Huh?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: