blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:52:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Dusk till Dawn" Poker Club In Nottingham Diary (by Rob Yong)  (Read 444895 times)
The Nomad

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2005, 04:22:05 PM »

This suppling of waitresses  sounds interesting  ,I presume you mean eating  two at a time   Yummmeee.                                                                                 On a more serious note, a side line you could organise is Bootcamps for pokerplayers , like helmuth runs in the US.The money u could generate from these by controlling the whole package  tutor, hotels,meals,lectures, T shirts ,book sales.    people pay lots of money to learn to cook in Provence why not poker with you. just a thought to kick around, every litte bit helps when trying to get in the black,and if the TV is going to be there sometimes thats  a magnet
divaflava

WIP

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2005, 12:18:16 AM »

taxis are cheap in that part of the world rob the briefstar. But it's a good point.

Now available in new improved post-rehab 'flava
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2005, 01:05:33 AM »

Been ill all day with some sort of cold, Tikay managed to get hold of me to tell me that he couldn't make it to see the premises on Tuesday as he's doing the 425 TV show. No big deal, there is plently of time to sort these details out.

I emailed Mike Wiseman, the local Gaming Commision Inspector to confirm a meeting for 13th December at the premises. I've met this guy once before and at the moment he seems really positive about the club, and I need to make sure he stays that way. I've never really been too stressed out about getting the gaming licence (I've always felt the property was more difficult) and I guess i'll find out shortly whether I've been a bit complacent in this area. You can't apply for a licence UNTIL you get the premises, so what the hell is a man supposed to do? Gamble.

Every now and again I consider the worst case scenario, we spend £600k on a re-furb, TV room, 50 tables, internet cafe, committed to a 3 year lease of £300K per annum AND our licence application gets rejected 3 months before we are due to open...............could be a problem, have to make sure we get the licence then. No point worrying unless the bad news happens. Could do a Gutshot, they don't seem to be scared of the gaming board.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 01:07:12 AM by robyong » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 10:14:07 AM »

Rob, hows your brown cart horse, and have you had a fag yet?

The older I get, the better I was.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2005, 07:21:03 PM »

I was woken up by my mobile ringing for the 10th time, it must be important for a person to ring this many times. Still feeling pretty rough I answered and it was FHP, the agent of the premises complaining that I had not returned the key last week. This was the the ONLY set of the keys for the premises and they were not happy. I said I would come down and see them this afternoon.

No key means not access tomorrow for the architect, and I really wanted to show a few people round as well. Thats a pain...........but at least this means that FHP can't show any people round the premises and my offer get gazumpted at the last minute.

I drove to town and spent 1hr knocking on all of the offices on the same road as FHP to see if I had posted the keys throught the wrong letterbox, no results. On way home I called Nick to cancel architect and was pretty fed up, typical, the ONLY set of keys and I have to lose them. Then the phone rang, it was the a very apologetic FHP receptionist saying she had found the keys under the phone book. praise the lord.

When I got home I started wrting a project plan of stuff to do, see a few examples of the list below
Type                   Description                                                   Contact                  Resp                    Date
Re-Furbishment   Drawings for current layout of Smilin Sams                                  Nick "The Shrew"   Dec-05
Licencing                   Pre-liminery meeting with Mark Wiseman   Mike Wiseman   Me                   Dec-05
Licencing                   Instruction meeting with Poppleston Allen   Andy Woods   Me                   Dec-05
Marketing                   Name for new Club to de decided                   Blondepoker Forum   Me                    Dec-05
Financial                   2  Ltd Companies Set Up                                      Rebecca Warwick   Jan-06
Financial                   Bank account for 2 new companies set up   Richard Altoft   Rebecca Warwick   Jan-06
Re-Furbishment   Planning permission for re-furbishment                                   Nick "The Shrew"   Jan-06
Recruitment   Marketing Consultant, Poker Host/s, PR Cons?                                   Me                    Jan-06
Committee                   1st Meeting held                                                       Me                    Feb-06
Web Site                   Specification complete                                                      Pete Langley    Feb-06
Legals                   Completetion of lease subject to licencing   Susan Baigent   Me                    Mar-06
Re-Furbishment   Full re-furbishment costs to be finalised                      Nick "The Shrew"    Mar-06
Marketing                   Web Site live                                                      Marketing Director   Jun-06
Recruitment   Appoint General Manager                                      Me                    Jul-06
Recruitment   Card Room Managers x2 appointed                                      Me                     Jul-06
Recruitment   Bar / Restaurant Manager appointed                      Me                     Jul-06
Recruitment   All remaining staff recruited and trained                      General Manager    Nov-06
Opening                   Xmas party for grand opening                                      General Manager   Dec-06

It started to dawn on me as I compiled this list that this is going to be a full-time job, sorting all of this out. Since I burnt myself out in business 3 years ago all i've been doing is playing poker and sorting out my charity, not really stressful stuff (except the odd beat beat in crucial situations). When you put this stuff down on paper this is a reasonable sized business, a board of directors, management and 50 employees, a lot of potential hassle for no reason what? Not money, for sure, although I'm sure some idiots will accuse me of making millions out of the place when asked to pay the £5 juice of a £50 freezout! This venture had better be fun, and that means no dickheads involved in, around or near the club. Just mates and decent people, then it will be worth it.

Louise's Dad just phoned and asked me how things were going, I've never met him or spoke to him but he's been keeping up to date on Blonde, wow, the power of Blondpoker. I told him that its looking like a lot of hard work and I'm really struggling to see it ever breaking even, and he sort of made me feel better when he said, "people who buy football clubs expect to lose money", he's hit the nail on the head. I feel better already.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:53:39 PM by robyong » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2005, 07:24:35 PM »

Yeah yeah, but did you stop smoking?

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2005, 07:27:01 PM »

new name for club

how about "the blonde scots rule and the english drool  poker club"

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 07:57:12 PM »

Yeah yeah, but did you stop smoking?

Reg Dog, not had a cigerette for 3 days now, but I'm feeling really ill so I guess it doesn't really count. Not sure whether I am going to give up totally yet, may try these "ultra light" fags as I do enjoy a smoke. I'm a vegatarian aswell, so i sort of feel its unfair if i can't have a cigerette.

new name for club

how about "the blonde scots rule and the english drool  poker club"

Ironside,you scottish fish, I really need some genuine help with a name for the club, as I want to start on the web site etc. Can't think of anything decent, I said "Diamonds", but everyone thinks it sounds like a lap dancing club! This might be my first thread asking for a name.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 08:01:34 PM »

how about "the fish pool" or "the fish tank"

get people coming in with a possitive outlook on how they will leave

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 08:08:48 PM »

whats wrong with "Yongsta's" ....  or how about   "Suited Connectors"  or  "Runner Runner"

I will just call it HOME Smiley   and im sure a few others will too LOL

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

The River Club?
Tilters?
Aces & Eights?
Lady Lucks?

hmm. tough 1
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 08:23:25 PM »

I have to go with Kev on this one .."  Yongsta's"

robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 08:37:40 PM »

we'll open a new thread on this one, as I need a name pretty sharpish
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 08:54:25 PM »

I like all the one's kev said!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Phil

AKA mrcoffee182

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 09:53:02 AM »

Been trying to follow this as closely as possible but I feel like I've missed something while I was away on holiday. Has a venue been found? If so is there any info on location?

1st. West Ham. 2nd Poker
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: