blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:36:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Broadway and Walsall main events
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Broadway and Walsall main events  (Read 6290 times)
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »

Hey Guys,

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Tom Rutter.

I am looking for staking in the Broadway festival main event - a £1000 + £60 event starting on the 19th of February 2009 with a one hour clock and 15k starting stack

Also looking for staking in the Walsall GUKPT main event - £1000 + £60 - 26th Feb 2009, one hour clock, 10k starting stack

Track Record - http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=67235

As you can see, I have had a few results, the best of which was a 4th place in the GBPT Nottingham leg 2008 m/e for £12,500 (gg George), though no crowning achievement! So far this year I have played 4 ranking events, final tabling in two. I am playing with confidence and feel like I am playing well.

As many of you will have seen, George2Loose has previously posted on here asking for the entire buy-in in return for 70% of his equity. I am only looking to sell 50% of my equity, but intend to do so at the same rate as George has been doing, as this seems fairly standard for these threads, and in my opinion, fair.

So.. sorry for getting there in a round-about way, but here is the offer..

Entire buy in = £1060
5% = £53
£53 x (100/70) = £75.71 - for simplicity's sake I will round this down to £75

So I am asking for £75 for a 5% stake, or multiplications thereof. If anyone wants a smaller stake let me know and that is fine too!

The one thing that I should mention is my policy on deals, in case this could possibly bring up any problems later. If I was to final in this tournament I would not do a chop. What I may well do, however, is negotiate a deal whereby the top few prizes were brought closer together in order to take some variance out of the equation, but with play continuing for a significant amount.

I have already sold some via PM/to friends. I have 5% remaining for Broadway and 45% for Walsall. Please let me know if you are interested (either on this thread or via PM)
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »

Sold out for broadway, 25% left for Walsall
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 11:58:51 AM »

am i down for 10% of walsall? if not, put me down plz.
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »

am i down for 10% of walsall? if not, put me down plz.

Booked mate, cheers. Can u bank transfer it as before?
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 04:49:21 PM »

5% left for Walsall, sold out for broadway.

Forgot to mention.. I will be playing day 1B of both
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 05:50:01 PM »

ill take the 5% plz
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »

ill take the 5% plz

sure mate, will PM you soon

so.. all sold out. cheers guys! hope i can return on your investments!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 06:34:28 PM »

Just so you know- Tom shipped the 100 with one 50 pound rebuy at broadway last night for 8k

weeeeeeee

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 12:22:23 AM »

Just so you know- Tom shipped the 100 with one 50 pound rebuy at broadway last night for 8k

weeeeeeee

weeeeeeee cheers george
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 12:57:33 AM »

da iawn tom. see u next week

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 01:04:02 AM »

wp, n1 Rutter.

Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »

cheers guys, see u soon
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 09:19:36 PM »

hey guys, sorry, no good.

had a really tough starting table - roberto romanello, dave colclough, john tabatabai, jon kalmar, one unknown solid young player and a couple of unknowns who didnt seem too hot.

decided to grind at this table, playing mainly for value, but with expert advice coming in on the text from big brother stu, decided to set it up with one big bluff to destroy my image and hopefully set up some payment later!

after 110 mins of not much change (up to 11k), the perfect spot arrived. john tabatabai (who was playing a vast number of pots) min-raised to 200 in mid position. dave colcloough on his left called. roberto romanello in the SB then made it 850 to go. I decided this was the perfect spot for the image-setting 4-bet. If roberto called or re-shipped i could show down my hand to set up the image i wanted without losing too much. As it happened, it played out perfectly, my 4-bet to 2350 prompting roberto to muck  face up, and me to show down 

however, i never really got to use this to my advantage. halfway through the third level i looked down at  under the gun. i limped for 150 from my 10k stack, as did 5 others (including the blinds). the flop came down a beautiful  , into which i lead 700. dave colclough called, with everyone else passing

the turn  looked relatively safe, so i bet 1300. dave raised to 3400, meaning if i called i would have ~5000 behind. two hands are beating me at this point -  7-5h  and 7-10. however, i decided that just as likely (if not more so) dave could have  or a turned two pair such as  or  , or perhaps even a very cleverly played  or  . in the situation where i was up against 7-10 or 7-5, i still have ten outs, so my 7k to win 21k looked in good shape against his range, and i shipped.

an insta-call from dave with  and a  river meant i was out

sorry i couldnt do more! i really do believe there is no escaping this hand. does anyone have any suggestions to how i can play it differently? obviously a check on the flop means i could keep it cheaper, but i really think this is a poor way to play it in a six-way pot.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 10:15:14 PM »

ul Tom, I think your analysis is right, you can't do anything there. Though I'd rather you raised pre!

Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 10:34:04 PM »

ul Tom, I think your analysis is right, you can't do anything there. Though I'd rather you raised pre!

cheers mate.

i actually dont like the raise pre. John Tabatabai was very active, and was in cut-off. if i raise i think he is likely to flat and take it off me on any non-8 flop. if i am not utg i may raise small and try and see a flop in position.

but of course the raise pre stops me from going bust in this spot Smiley
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:37:08 AM by Numpty Dumpty » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: