blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:00:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  WOAH far too close to home
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WOAH far too close to home  (Read 9852 times)
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:43 PM »

before you hand anyone a weapon you always make sure it is unloaded and clear it showing them the empty barrell before handing it over,

when you are handing a weapon to another person it is not in a stable postion point down the range and therefore you are in danger of hitting someone if you were to ND

i joined as a junior leader which meant basic for a year we didnt fire a weopon once in the first term (4 months) instead we learnt how to handle the weapon, load the weapon, unload the weapon , strip the weapon , all of this we could do with a blindfold on before we went anywhere near a range

Thanks for that
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »

no1, I uncock it and load it then hand it to him to aim and fire

wrong

the first thing you need to learn before firing is how to handle, load , unload and make safe the weapon. NEVER EVER hand a loaded weopon over to another person
you know how long it was between me joining the army at 16 and living breathing the army every day and me firing a weapon?

Unbelievable.

I rest my case.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2009, 08:57:22 PM »

no1, I uncock it and load it then hand it to him to aim and fire

wrong

the first thing you need to learn before firing is how to handle, load , unload and make safe the weapon. NEVER EVER hand a loaded weopon over to another person
you know how long it was between me joining the army at 16 and living breathing the army every day and me firing a weapon?

Unbelievable.

I rest my case.

The jury is retiring......
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2009, 11:56:23 AM »

I'm not against teaching a 14YO how to handle a gun responsibly but whilst you don't know the basics about handling guns you really aren't in a position to supervise your son, mate. You just don't have the knowledge required to do so.
Unless you send him to someone that can teach him these things I would do a lot more reading up and practising yourself before I'd let him near a loaded weapon of any sort. You should be a lot more familiar with these things when supervising someone else.

It's like giving someone a car and letting them drive it when you yourself have no real experience driving one. The fact that's it's a small car doesn't make any difference, you just wouldn't do it.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2009, 12:32:53 PM »

[  ] guns are cool
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »

It's like giving someone a car and letting them drive it when you yourself have no real experience driving one. The fact that's it's a small car doesn't make any difference, you just wouldn't do it.

Wow this is exactly how I have been thinking about it..

yr starting to spook me

if only you as were spooky with the gee gees  Wink
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2009, 02:34:09 PM »

Wow this is exactly how I have been thinking about it..

Simple minds think alike?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: