blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  MTT Line check- mistake or chalk it up?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTT Line check- mistake or chalk it up?  (Read 3018 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2009, 01:33:24 AM »

ECOOP 500. 75/150/0

Villain 15k, Me 8k, average 6k

I open  from button, he defends. I have no readz except i saw him slowplay quads the previous hand v the prf on a 88s3s flop and get the money in on the spade turn where his oppo made a monster bluff.

He checks, i bet 600 into 850, he makes it 1800, i jam. Super standard right? right?

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:35:26 AM »

abs fine alex.

Hate any other option than jam here

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 01:40:59 AM »

yep. 
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 01:48:51 AM »

You know its right alex. Guessing u didnt get there?
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 01:57:23 AM »

i'm different again it seems  Grin i'd prefer to check the flop given stack/blind sizes etc etc and see a turn card..
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 02:03:16 AM »

i'm different again it seems  Grin i'd prefer to check the flop given stack/blind sizes etc etc and see a turn card..

nooooo dont do that!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 02:04:13 AM »

lol

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 02:05:24 AM »

Don't like money?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 04:34:13 AM »

yep i like money  Smiley i just view some mtt situations differently to you i guess,i find that there are certain situations which often arise that are best handled with pot control.. because i'm not in the play nut draws fast brigade no matter what the stack sizes/lines of betting etc etc - does this mean i'm wrong because i don't conform to your opinion?

I see this as a medium strength hand after the flop which imo you need more questions in your head and more techniques in your arsenal, pot control being one of those techniques.When i flop a medium-strength hand, and I determine that it's usually way ahead of or behind my opponent's range,i will sometimes check the flop..
If you want to play draws fast all the time then fine that is your opinion but u wont see me posting lol just because i dont agree with you,you'll get a reply/explanation as to why i dont agree..
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 06:47:48 AM »

Problem with pot control is that much of your equity is in the percentage chance of you winning the hand at this point, and the possibility of getting a top pair hand to fold to a shove.

Equity after the turn is either reduced, or you have hit and face a tougher time getting value out of the hand against opponents that don't like the Ace / Club that's just landed.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 07:06:22 AM »

Bet/3bet totally standard nice hand, stacks are set up nicely for it, our hand has the greatest equity on the flop and we can a lot of hands we are flipping with off the pot.

Noble1 would you like to me give me any range that we are way ahead and way behind of? As this is exactly the type of hand that doesn't fit that category, as our hand is vunerable against a heap of stuff if we are ahead due to being bottom pair at the moment but not very far behind two pair type hands.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »

Wouldn't mind reraise to 3.5 - 4k to give him a chance to shove hands like  or 

Even though I can't see him passing these he's much more likely to shove them than call off 6.2k.

If we're behind I don't think the FE is affected much by a raise compared to a shove. He's either getting them in or he's not.

If we're ahead against another draw he's more likely to want to get them in first.

Obviously the danger is that he flats and the board blanks for us. We may then be faced with an all in with only one card to come. I don't really think we're deep enough for this to be a problem though.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »

yep i like money  Smiley i just view some mtt situations differently to you i guess,i find that there are certain situations which often arise that are best handled with pot control.. because i'm not in the play nut draws fast brigade no matter what the stack sizes/lines of betting etc etc - does this mean i'm wrong because i don't conform to your opinion?

I see this as a medium strength hand after the flop which imo you need more questions in your head and more techniques in your arsenal, pot control being one of those techniques.When i flop a medium-strength hand, and I determine that it's usually way ahead of or behind my opponent's range,i will sometimes check the flop..
If you want to play draws fast all the time then fine that is your opinion but u wont see me posting lol just because i dont agree with you,you'll get a reply/explanation as to why i dont agree..

so you like to give yourself one way of winning instead of two?

this isnt a good spot to pot control.

pot control too much and your hand will become transparent, which will result in getting owned hard by decent players.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: