blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  gala notts £550 SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: gala notts £550 SOLD OUT  (Read 13904 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »

Rubdown for Blatch and Jonesy imo.

Tikay knows they don't need luck!

What I want to know is if LeKnave and Blatch get into a flip- WHO WILL WIN?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

board will run out a royal flush ldo

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 01:51:21 PM »

posts on my staking board to wish others gl.... sick
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »

posts on my staking board to wish others gl.... sick

uber rub
dousche

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »

wiiiiiiiiiii mincash!  Sad 9th = £1150, =£115 to cos and £230 to blatch. if you could both send me your bank details i'll get the money shipped asap.

i went back on day 2 2nd in chips (i think) and had a good first couple of levels, building up to around 110k - mainly through standard blind stealing plus a couple of 3-bet spots and a really nice river value bet against jon butters. got knocked down to about 45k after 4-betting with KT to put blatch all in, he made a nice call with 99 and held, leaving me with just over 20bbs with 12 remaining. the next 3 exits all came quite quickly actually and we were down to a final before i found a spot to get my chips in! the final lasted all of about 5 hands for me when, as the shortstack with 11-12 bbs, i moved in on the button with   and got called by blatch's    . gg me.

i think i played pretty well overall, obv got lucky when allin with queens against james keys' aces - but that was the only time i was all in apart from my exit hand. the field was better than many of us expecting. with only 82 runners making the trip, most of the familiar faces were there but perhaps 30 less weaker players than some of us anticipated. obviously its always frustrating to make the final and not go big but, as always, it only takes a couple more key pots to go your way (race vs blatch, aq<aj w/25 left for 3.5xaverage) when you're deep and it could be a different story - thats not a moan btw, anyone playing tournaments has to accept that big cashes often rely on spots out of your, or anybody's, control.

anyways, thanks for the stake guys, glad i could give you at least a small return. wp blatch and also matt, who i met for the first time this weekend - thought he played well and was a nice guy to boot.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 12:25:12 PM by dousche » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 12:28:31 PM »

also matt, who i met for the first time this weekend - thought he played well and was a nice guy to boot.

You sure it was Matt? Tongue

Unlikely Mike, particularly against Blatch. In future I would advise getting it in against him with overpairs only as the last time he missed 3+ outs was the middle of 2004

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2009, 12:38:25 PM »

What's this "standard blind stealing" of which you speak? I thought you just got loads of good hands.  Wink

Was good to meet you this weekend mate. WP and unlucky not to go further.

The AJ<AQ hand was pretty brutal. Would've made you huge and I think with that stack you would've run over the table. I don't think you lay down on that A34 board with an extra 100k behind for a start.

See you again soon.

Matt

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 12:51:59 PM »

For a gala event this was a very sick field!!! And the last two tables are pretty sick too

some quality there for sure.  gl Evilpie

Yeah, good luck all the blondes still in, especially Dewi, Sam Trickett, & Matt. We have In-Poker there today, so I've ordered extra "anti-shine" powder for Matt's head, for when we do his Exit Interview.

im hurt

Ugh, apologies for omitting Blatch & Dave Jones.

We missed the start, as we were filming at the Castle, & by the time we returned, Dave Jones was, sadly, no more. Blatch blundered on though - nice blundered, but blundered - in one of the funniest Finals I've ever seen, where the rule appeared to be "get it in bad".  Played in terrific spirit, too.

With half the Finalists remaining, Brammer (Branmer?), Perrins, Blatch & Trickett all looked the class acts they are, & Butters was being slightly over-run, but he's better than he looks, I fancy. He's off to Macau next, too. Very nice.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2009, 04:13:53 PM »

Yeah Butters was no mug. Certainly not easily outplayed.

I was sat to his right for a long time on Saturday evening and he made my life tough when he was short stacked.

I had to alter my range significantly as he was happy to shove the lot in until he got his double up.

Nice guy too. Not too happy about him calling for Blatch's 8 against me but never mind, I'll forgive him.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2009, 04:17:05 PM »

I was sat to his right for a long time on Saturday evening and he made my life tough when he was short stacked.

I had to alter my range significantly as he was happy to shove the lot in until he got his double up.

Nice guy too. Not too happy about him calling for Blatch's 8 against me but never mind, I'll forgive him.

Urgh pls don't tell me that's true. Tilts the living fk out of me. Someone did that to Akenhead last year at the WSOP on the final table. Ghey

You should check out his blog. Smart guy - he's programmed his own bot to play for him online.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 04:19:32 PM »

Urgh pls don't tell me that's true. Tilts the living fk out of me. Someone did that to Akenhead last year at the WSOP on the final table. Ghey

You should check out his blog. Smart guy - he's programmed his own bot to play for him online.

Sadly it's true.

He did it again on Saturday when I was all in with AK against A8.

"That 8's coming on the turn. I can see it. Here it comes. Can't believe it didn't come"

[ ] Thanks mate

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 04:22:07 PM »

Sadly it's true.

He did it again on Saturday when I was all in with AK against A8.

"That 8's coming on the turn. I can see it. Here it comes. Can't believe it didn't come"

[ ] Thanks mate

Yes, that was "regrettable".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: