blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:57:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Degen Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Degen Thread  (Read 12526 times)
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 12:23:44 PM »

I hear Tikay has a few good stories!!

Damn, shoulda posted this thread 2 years ago when Tikay used to post.

Whooooooooooooooooo?

He'll be back soon - just dealing with some life tilt stuff.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »

I hear Tikay has a few good stories!!

Damn, shoulda posted this thread 2 years ago when Tikay used to post.

Whooooooooooooooooo?

Tighty banned him after he told Bolt to diagf.
810ofclubs

EPT Vilamoura!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2009, 12:51:26 PM »

this thread is goin to b a classic

Jake Mfkin Cody lols
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2009, 01:04:17 PM »

i see monda reading the thread, story of doing your nut on craps in ceasers plz ray and your attempts to nip anything walking Smiley

LOL,sure can remember much of it
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »

Stevie got home abs battered and put $10k on de la hoya to beat pacquio, that was the most enjoyable fight ive ever watched, lol

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 01:08:46 PM »

i have some horrifc degen stories from my past that i can smile about now, one included narrowly avoiding a prison sentence that still makes me shiver and laugh at the same time, (What happened to you martin?).

Playing fruit machines financed 4 years of uni for me and we went on some epic motorway trips around the country that i'll never forget, got barred from more pubs than i could rememeber, at one point i knew which machine almost every pub in a 30 mile radius had, so sad.

i've spun a couple of quid into thousands and vice versa so many times. The highs were huge and lows were terrible, glad i pretty much gave it all up when poker came along.

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 01:13:59 PM »

i have some horrifc degen stories from my past that i can smile about now, one included narrowly avoiding a prison sentence that still makes me shiver and laugh at the same time, (What happened to you martin?).

Playing fruit machines financed 4 years of uni for me and we went on some epic motorway trips around the country that i'll never forget, got barred from more pubs than i could rememeber, at one point i knew which machine almost every pub in a 30 mile radius had, so sad.

i've spun a couple of quid into thousands and vice versa so many times. The highs were huge and lows were terrible, glad i pretty much gave it all up when poker came along.

Cheesy One regular bought a refill key for the Fruities, it was meant to tell him if the hopper was full, only seemed to let him mess with the volume...sure put them on full blast! and they do go very loud!
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:32 PM »

buying into the $1k wsop event and then going out drinking the night before, getting home from rhino at 9am and completely sleep through said tournament

Think that was same night as the craps lol,so shrewd staying in bed i just went to sleep at the table for a bit.That was my biggest buy in comp by far and I was still mortal with a massive hangover and actually glad when i busto'd.Only bought in coz i was mortal and jealous everyone else was playing,i was that mortal i was trying to get jones to flip for the 1k to buyin and wasnt guna play if i lost.
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 01:22:36 PM »

i once lost a weeks wages betting on the countdown conundrum grease vorderman
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »

This might be my favourite so far, what was the bet?
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 01:45:57 PM »

This might be my favourite so far, what was the bet?

£4-48 that there would be an O involved

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 02:46:05 PM »

Brilliant thread.
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 05:14:39 PM »

The dealer replies, 'you don't want a card on 20'. Dave says, 'I do - card please'. Over rolls the ace and Dave somehow makes 21, whilst the dealer busts.
i remember cf doing something similar to this at gala... however he doubled lol... cf runs like god....
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »

Only just seen his thread, class idea.

I've got so many degen stories, i will write a couple of them up later tonight when i'm back at home.

In the meantime, i have a story about my degen friend James Moody (Linux on here).

Today we went to Wethbery races.

I went armed with £300, Moody had with him £110, which he had been saving up for this day for about a week.

We arrive just before the first race but it costs £14 to get in!!! Apparently its the feature day of the year. Moody is tilted by this as it insta takes his roll down to £96 straight away so as soon as we enter the course (10 mins before the first race) Moody asks me if i will flip a coin with him for £4 to get him back to £100. He chooses heads, he wins.

He now has £100, he should be happy yeah? You would think so, but no, he wants his £10 back now aswell. Moody wins again, £110!!!!!. Now i'm fuming because i'm £14 down already and beg Moody to flip me for £20 to give me the chance to be back in the green. He agrees and wins yet again, heads 3 times in a row!!! He is now upto £130 and i'm hating life stuck £34 and down to £250.

To cut a long story short, we miss the first race because we're pissing flipping near the entrance and i end up with £0 in cash. Moody won all my money. He won 12/13 flips and now has £382.

I was absolutely crestfallen, /life 100% type scenes, whilst next to me Moody was jumping through hoops, going crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 hours later, Moody has done it all, losing £382 over the course of 6 races going 0/6. He sure seems really bothered about this.

I bink a double that i have to ring up Stan James for as i have no cash, and bink £1,274. They were Triggs tips. Legend.

Mood ends up £110 down and i end up £924 up.

Today was the ultimate justice.

But to be fair to Linux, he was still cheering my horse home in the last to land my 25/1 double  Smiley. Which kinda annoyed me as i really wanted to rub it in and get my revenge for earlier. Hes too nice.

v good day.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 05:45:44 PM by Horneris » Logged

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

great day, the most tilting bit was losing the going to the bar flips, i hate ques

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: