blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499791 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: May 30, 2015, 10:23:41 PM »

Pretty sure Rab isn't sending anyone the wrong way when he says his dogs are always fully wound up for the 1st round.  Must be an angle for betting on the first round heats for the future after the way he has performed tonight.  Probably also means he will never have the derby winner either though as his dogs peak too soon.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 30, 2015, 10:26:19 PM »

Gutted, hold pitch to bend i'd have like to have seen how close then. Grrrr..

Haven't been able to watch tonight but judging by the comments 5 dogs had trouble at the first and the winner missed it all? Nipper couldn't pull it back? Was he gaining or not?
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 30, 2015, 10:30:44 PM »

Haven't been able to watch tonight but judging by the comments 5 dogs had trouble at the first and the winner missed it all? Nipper couldn't pull it back? Was he gaining or not?

He came out well enough but the 6 was a length ahead, looked like we would make the bend but just got beat for some early by about a quarter of a length had his back legs hit by the pacing up 2 dog. We made ground from 3-line but wouldn't have had much sight of the bunny. Would have liked to see it turn 2nd on the inside like it looked it was going to.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 30, 2015, 10:38:28 PM »

He came out well enough but the 6 was a length ahead, looked like we would make the bend but just got beat for some early by about a quarter of a length had his back legs hit by the pacing up 2 dog. We made ground from 3-line but wouldn't have had much sight of the bunny. Would have liked to see it turn 2nd on the inside like it looked it was going to.

Think it would have been slight fav in running after the 1st bend if it had turned clean imo.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:44:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 30, 2015, 10:42:01 PM »

Think it would have been slight fav in running over the 1st bend if it had turned clean imo.

Sounds like all is not lost on the ante post bet,

Quietly friendless In the market and wins.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 30, 2015, 11:16:50 PM »

2818 from the antepost favourite. 487 isn't going to lead every race though, was fast once infront but could have gone wrong at first bend for me...

Save the don was impressive though, interesting to see the time on that.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 30, 2015, 11:22:07 PM »

2818 from the antepost favourite. 487 isn't going to lead every race though, was fast once infront but could have gone wrong at first bend for me...

must have been 50/50 at the first bend whether he landed on his arse and was out.  Very very lucky for me.  Would be very happy to lay at 12/1 outright if i was working for a firm.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 30, 2015, 11:29:53 PM »

must have been 50/50 at the first bend whether he landed on his arse and was out.  Very very lucky for me.  Would be very happy to lay at 12/1 outright if i was working for a firm.

Completely agree. The guy on the show giving it 'they will take that break every round', 'always going to lead', etc. Absolutely clueless it was in with a bad bunch tonight, throw some of the faster dogs inside it and it'll be interesting. I also thought it so easily could have landed on it's arse at the first bend the way it cut in before it had completely cleared the dogs inside it.

Just shows how narrow minded these 'tipsters' are on the show too. What irks me is that they tip a dog up, it gets beat, they feel the need to justify just that dogs whole run and find a positive from it or a reason why it was the right bet etc rather than giving the credit to the dog that won, and the owners of the dog.

Not moaning that they tip a loser - it's always going to happen tipping 20+ races in the night. If you come out with any sort of profit over the course of betting one dog every race you would be lucky, so just choose your fancy and leave it at that, watch the race and commentate unbiased from then out!

Anyway rant over - must say how superb it's been to watch every heat this year before it comes on sky at Qtr final stage. Fair play to RPGTV on that front, and looking forward to seeing the draw tomorrow!!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 31, 2015, 08:06:20 AM »

Completely agree. The guy on the show giving it 'they will take that break every round', 'always going to lead', etc. Absolutely clueless it was in with a bad bunch tonight, throw some of the faster dogs inside it and it'll be interesting. I also thought it so easily could have landed on it's arse at the first bend the way it cut in before it had completely cleared the dogs inside it.

Just shows how narrow minded these 'tipsters' are on the show too. What irks me is that they tip a dog up, it gets beat, they feel the need to justify just that dogs whole run and find a positive from it or a reason why it was the right bet etc rather than giving the credit to the dog that won, and the owners of the dog.

Not moaning that they tip a loser - it's always going to happen tipping 20+ races in the night. If you come out with any sort of profit over the course of betting one dog every race you would be lucky, so just choose your fancy and leave it at that, watch the race and commentate unbiased from then out!

Anyway rant over - must say how superb it's been to watch every heat this year before it comes on sky at Qtr final stage. Fair play to RPGTV on that front, and looking forward to seeing the draw tomorrow!!

Yeah it's great that it's been on TV, (shame I couldn't watch all of it). Any dogs that have stood out or looked like they will improve now you have watched everyone? Heard Swift Keith ran well in defeat? New TR holder best priced 25/1 now.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 31, 2015, 09:36:21 AM »

Havent got the time to do a big right up but ill put up what i have done for those that want a little sweat

Newinn Yolo 33/1 e/w with Hills (taking advantage of their 1st round offer)
Ballymac Matt 40/1         41.0 bf win only
Rio Quattro 100/1          101.0 bf win only
Coolavanny Gooch 200/1     450.0 bf win only

Ante post

Droopys Ward 66/1
Quietly 66/1
Lenson Sanchez 50/1 (can get bigger now but not as in form as he was)

Fairytale story would be for Coolavanny Gooch to do very well as ive been following the dog all of last year, seemed to be a star in the making and im just hoping Mr Gardner has got it right for the Derby.

Good luck all.

If anyone wants to watch all of the first round races then subscribe to Greyhounds Now (Nowso) on YouTube. 

Only Ballymac Matt not making it through from my ante post. I've added the following

Blonde Nipper 100/1 ew and 120.0 win only
Swift Hoffman 40/1 ew

And after watching all the videos this morning I'm thinking about putting Viking Jack in the armoury.

Really pleased with how Droopys Ward ran, love the dog, had him last year when he came 2nd, what a great servant he has been to his owners.

Any others stand out to anyone?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 31, 2015, 09:54:06 AM »

Dropsy ward was very impressive for me to pick up the dog that proper pinged in his heat with ease.   
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 31, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »

Dropsy ward was very impressive for me to pick up the dog that proper pinged in his heat with ease.   

Droopys Ward too short to bet though for me. Had a 300s+ ticket on him last year and although I absolutely love the dog I couldn't bring myself to bet him at 40s this year pretty much because of last years ticket lol. He's always got to do it the hard way and 25/1 now I think just doesn't represent value to me?

Yes I use Nowso's channel too Omm, when the draw is done later i'll probably spend most of tomorrow studying the races and videos and see if anyone sticks out then....

I managed to get 100/1 Swift Keith after it's run thanks to Betfred being stupid and them being 66/1 before its run pmsl. Looking forward to the draw later now!!
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 31, 2015, 02:05:14 PM »

Ha, it's drawn what looks like one of the weakest heats of the round next - so maybe 25s is massive Cheesy
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 31, 2015, 02:19:16 PM »

The one thing about Droopy's Ward for me is its an excellent competition dog.   With the Derby, I think that is one of the most important things to have. 

I liked the Irish dog, forget which one right now but it was in the 5 box on Wednesday and fell out but got there on the line.  Think it was around 50/1 after that, if that found a pair of trapping boots it could be a good bet. 
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 31, 2015, 02:32:22 PM »

The one thing about Droopy's Ward for me is its an excellent competition dog.   With the Derby, I think that is one of the most important things to have.  

I liked the Irish dog, forget which one right now but it was in the 5 box on Wednesday and fell out but got there on the line.  Think it was around 50/1 after that, if that found a pair of trapping boots it could be a good bet.  

Jaytee Jet.

Did well to get there after falling out but got to find a fair bit on that going forward. It's not really a dog likely to find trapping boots based on previous.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: