blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:15:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499806 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2250 on: May 31, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »

Dropsy ward was very impressive for me to pick up the dog that proper pinged in his heat with ease.   

Ha, it's drawn what looks like one of the weakest heats of the round next - so maybe 25s is massive Cheesy

http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/second-round-derby-draw-is-complete/1887744/top/

Heat 6,9 and 16 look like crackers, glad 3 qualify.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: May 31, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »

Dropsy ward was very impressive for me to pick up the dog that proper pinged in his heat with ease.   

Ha, it's drawn what looks like one of the weakest heats of the round next - so maybe 25s is massive Cheesy

http://www.racingpost.com/news/greyhounds/second-round-derby-draw-is-complete/1887744/top/

Heat 6,9 and 16 look like crackers, glad 3 qualify.

Yes 9 was the pick of the round for me. Can't wait for Friday now!!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: June 02, 2015, 02:19:02 PM »

Immense 4 days of racing, loved it. Took the grand total of zero bets on it in my shop, might quit.

Three of the McNairs' dogs are in my "stable" so whilst it was pleasing to see them go so well in the first round it's unlikely to be maintained. King Dec been given a honking draw/heat anyway.

Somehow managed to bink 11 of 12 through to the 2nd round, including my hero Bob. Viking Jack, Droopys Ward and Dec are my biggest winners, apart from a punt on Aimnfire.

Rearranged shifts so I'm good to contribute this weekend. Let's get it all!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: June 03, 2015, 12:32:57 AM »

Immense 4 days of racing, loved it. Took the grand total of zero bets on it in my shop, might quit.

Three of the McNairs' dogs are in my "stable" so whilst it was pleasing to see them go so well in the first round it's unlikely to be maintained. King Dec been given a honking draw/heat anyway.

Somehow managed to bink 11 of 12 through to the 2nd round, including my hero Bob. Viking Jack, Droopys Ward and Dec are my biggest winners, apart from a punt on Aimnfire.

Great to have u around the the 2nd round mate, have u seen all the races? Whats impressed u so far?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: June 03, 2015, 01:33:31 AM »

Great to have u around the the 2nd round mate, have u seen all the races? Whats impressed u so far?

Yeah I've watched every race. Some were whilst I was at work so not ideal.

Lots of impressive performances to my eye. Liked how Droopys Ward went, and loved the pings by Bob and Jack. I backed Shotgun Harley pre-comp as got it into my head that Hove form may translate well but got a super tough heat in second round (Dec et al) after looking decent in first round.

Haven't really formed opinions on a lot of those at the head of the market yet so keen to see how they go in the second round.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: June 03, 2015, 07:11:40 AM »

Yeah I've watched every race. Some were whilst I was at work so not ideal.

Lots of impressive performances to my eye. Liked how Droopys Ward went, and loved the pings by Bob and Jack. I backed Shotgun Harley pre-comp as got it into my head that Hove form may translate well but got a super tough heat in second round (Dec et al) after looking decent in first round.

Haven't really formed opinions on a lot of those at the head of the market yet so keen to see how they go in the second round.

I see a couple of firms have ante post prices up for the races, had a quick scan and can't see any standouts, rarely get it wrong in these longer comps unfortunately.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: June 03, 2015, 11:00:48 AM »

Someone needs to tell oddschecker that the next round is Fri/Sat, not the Thu/Fri they appear to think it is.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: June 03, 2015, 07:55:45 PM »

Someone needs to tell oddschecker that the next round is Fri/Sat, not the Thu/Fri they appear to think it is.

I haven't looked at oddschecker, but, if it's anything like last week -

Hills listed the prices early in the week as 'antepost' until the day of the event, in this case Fridays would be 'antepost' until 00:01 on Friday. I don't know why they are doing it like that but I think that's why oddschecker are showing it as that.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: June 05, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »

Was decent mid/wide bias last night at monmore on tv dogs and the same has carried forward today for the bags meeting if anyone is playing.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: June 05, 2015, 08:07:11 PM »

track record holder proved it was no fluke there in the first heat tonight.  Give t1 a start and a solid beating.  Impressive.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: June 05, 2015, 08:09:20 PM »

Yeah it had to work for that, in some ways more impressive than last week.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: June 05, 2015, 08:20:22 PM »

How golden is this nidge at the first bend?  Two races in a row now.  Middle name must be deadman or goulder! anyone else think he was going to be ko'd by the t5 when he cut in?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: June 05, 2015, 08:21:03 PM »

Nidge was sooooo strong at that first bend, hugely impressive.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 05, 2015, 08:21:11 PM »

How golden is this nidge at the first bend?  Two races in a row now.  Middle name must be deadman or goulder!

Never gets round there at Hall Green Smiley

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 05, 2015, 08:25:51 PM »

Must be chaos on the m11 or m25 on the roads.  Half the trainers can't get to rommers.  4 dog races!  Not good for turnover on the machine.  Punters not interested.  Never seen friday night volumes so low.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: