blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499925 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: May 01, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »

Bruisers Bullet 33/1  10 pts ew and 25/1 2pts ew ——-
Astute Missle 100/1 1 pt ew ——- now 100/1
Dorotas Wildcat 33/1 2 pts ew ——
Rising Brandy 66/1 (Arb) 2pts ew. ——-
Forest Mike 100/1 (Actonbeech) 1/2 pt ew ——- 66/1 gen (100/1 with pp)
King Kid 100/1 1/2 pt ew ———
Priceless Brandy 100/1 2pts ew —— now 66/1
Tyrur Shay 66/1 2 pt ew.  (80/1 off thread 1 pt ew) ——-
Droopys Verve (Arb) 50/1 2 pts ew and 33/1 1 pt ew ——-
The Other Reg 66/1 1 pt ew
Droopys Davy 33/1 2 pts ew
Droopys Bonucci (Arb) 66/1 1 pt ew
Barefoot Painter 66/1 1 pt ew and 100/1 1/2 pt ew
Bubbly Bluebird 100/1 1pt ew
Swithins Brae 125/1 1/2 pt ew and 167/1 1/2 pt ew
Jaytee Jaguar 200/1 1/2 pt ew
Lenson Blinder 117/1 1/2 pt ew

So three are not running, Astute Missle, Forest Mike and Priceless Brandy.

I’ve added Lensons Blinder, 100/1 with Hills but boosted to 117/1. As well as having another 1/2pt ew on Swithins Brae, 150/1 with Hills but boosted to 167/1.

Droopy’s Wilbury done a nice 28:46 on its return run last night and Fred’s are 125/1 for Derby, good enough for the team, 1pt ew.

The Derby draw is live at 1pm today on Towcester.tv app

Gutted, we lose Barefoot Painter from the team as he had just been withdrawn with a sore wrist. Trap stays vacant.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: May 01, 2018, 10:18:44 AM »

Buzzing!

Have taken Wednesday off so that I can get a good first round study in as that was where the mkneh was last year.

Will put up ante post views this evening when I get access to my account on laptop - can't for the life of me remember my login details and the forgot password email isn't coming through. Don't even now my username as I think it was changed to scotty2hatty and that I still had to sign in with the old one.

Any moderators reading this? Help would be appreciated.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: May 01, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »

Buzzing!

Have taken Wednesday off so that I can get a good first round study in as that was where the mkneh was last year.

Will put up ante post views this evening when I get access to my account on laptop - can't for the life of me remember my login details and the forgot password email isn't coming through. Don't even now my username as I think it was changed to scotty2hatty and that I still had to sign in with the old one.

Now we have a thread, just in time mate, get studying, money to be made. Welcome back.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 01, 2018, 11:59:46 AM »

welcome back Scotty

hope you are good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 01, 2018, 12:17:41 PM »

Buzzing!

Yay, welcome back, about time too.

Am a bit confused about what you need to be able to log in - please clarify, & I'll ask one of the more techy lads to assist.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: May 01, 2018, 03:30:13 PM »

Buzzing!

Yay, welcome back, about time too.

Am a bit confused about what you need to be able to log in - please clarify, & I'll ask one of the more techy lads to assist.

I didn't have my actual username and it wouldn't send the forgot password email but I believe AndrewT has sorted me out. I'll know for sure later.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 01, 2018, 03:30:43 PM »

welcome back Scotty

hope you are good

Thanks Horsey, hope you're well.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 01, 2018, 08:41:02 PM »

This from Mark Wallis:   

So of course we now move on to the Star Sports Greyhound Derby that begins on Thursday. Just over 150 runners go to post which is a very low entry this year, I'm not too surprised as I think one of the main reasons is that Towcester will find out those runners who are really only in it for the fun, the form of the class dogs works out pretty well whereas at Wimbledon you could always get a chance with a lower class runner especially those Romford/Crayford types, many of these do not enter now. What the event lacks in quantity there is no doubt it doesn't lack in quality and once we get the first round out of the way to get to 96 runners for the second round then the competition will really begin properly. Obviously there will be a few banana skins to avoid in the first round and many trainers including ourselves will not have their runners fully tuned up at this stage. It certainly looks an open looking Derby where bookmakers have struggled to find a clear favourite over the last few weeks and we could very well go off 16/1 the field or even higher which is vary rare, it promises to be a great five weeks of pure drama!

For our kennel we have ten entries which is about par for us though we have had more the last few years. Our team is headed by Bruisers Bullet who is generally third in the overall betting at around 20/1, here is a full list of our runners in order of when they run :-

THURSDAY

Heat 1 - NINJA FORTUNE - (Terry Coveney) ante post 100/1

Made the Northern Puppy Derby last year but was hard to win with. A bit of maturity and a return to his home track has seen him strike gold a few times and a smart recent A1 victory in 27.94 and a trial stakes win in 29.53 has many people saying he's a lively outsider to go a long way, good early pace and stays well. Has King Eden to beat in his heat and also a hazard in trap 1 but should qualify comfortably for the second round.

Heat 6 - HONEST ROBBER - (A Taylor, C Taylor, P Taylor and V Woodward) 750/1

Good class open race runner who we've yet to see the best of yet, a few niggles this year has held him back but very capable on his day and a real battler. Has drawn a toughish heat with strong Irish fancy Whoops Jack and Scottish raider Greenwell Jean while outside him in trap 3 local Brave Venture will be moving to the rails so will have to use all his skills to qualify.

FRIDAY

Heat 11 - DROOPYS WILBURY - (Robert Brinkley) 125/1

Interesting runner for us. 2016 Harolds Cross Puppy Derby winner won heat last year when a big contender for outright honours but eliminated at second round and subsequently was retired to stud shortly afterwards, brought back and is a recent edition to our kennel. Qualifying trials were satisfactory and then received a real boost with an authoritative victory in an A3 last Saturday. Stays strong and can only improve if getting some luck, would be a major story if he was to come back and make the final! Tricky draw in his heat in trap 4 but realistically only real danger is trap 6 Jaytee Jaguar

Heat 12 - BRUISERS BULLET - (Bruiser Boyz) 20/1

Reached the semi final as a youngster last year and was ultra impressive on finals night in the invitation recording a sensational 28.67, finished 2017 with a bang winning the Coral Olympic and widely regarded as one of the fastest dogs in training. Had a few questions to answer after four defeats this year but returned with a bang in a trial stake 10 days ago beating the classy Murrys Act by 8 lengths in a blistering 28.77 and now is ready to strut his stuff again this year. Without doubt the best chance we have had of lifting the trophy for the third time in a long time. Tough enough heat on Friday but all the dangers are on his outside and should get to the rails from trap 3 and boss the race.

Heat 12 - SALEEN ASH - (Mike Davis) 200/1

Came over last year and was entered in the Derby making the second round but much improved since though now better known for his sharp six bend victories that include the Peter Bussey Memorial race in February. Did us proud in the Trainers Championship meeting getting us a good 7 points and was only beaten 2 lengths by King Elvis, deserves his chance and well capable of getting to the latter stages and not the worst each way bet you could ever make. Finds himself pitched in with Bruisers Bullet in his heat with two fast dogs either side of him but he should still qualify.

Heat 14 - BOYLESPORTS DUKE - (Massachusetts Syndicate) - 150/1

Found a new lease of life since switching to our kennels last year and has been prolific both over four and six bends and was runner up in the top grade track championship a few weeks ago. In the twilight of his career and seems to have lost a real cutting edge last couple of races but hopefully can bounce back to his best, being a wide runner gives him a decent chance of great draws and could easily go a few rounds. Looks to have drawn a really soft heat and should get his campaign off to a good start.

Heat 16 - BRINKLEYS BLAZE - (Robert Brinkley) - 250/1

High class dog last year with sub 30.00 runs at Hove on his card but injury problems have meant a rushed preparation and will have to come forward to qualify. Drawn in a  five dog heat with the first three going through but certainly a touch of luck needed to get through, from there who knows he has the class to cut some ice in the event.

SATURDAY

Heat 20 - BOMBERS BULLET - (Bruiser Boyz) - 80/1

Has been running well all year in four and sharp six bend races and made the Scottish Derby semi finals and has an excellent 29.21 trial stakes win to his name. Ran superb in a high class Trainers Championship race scoring 7 points when a close up second to Magical Bale, could be the pick of our each way bets as he will be difficult to keep out the frame in any company. His heat looks there for the taking but trap 3 will be a real hazard as it goes straight for the rails but having said that he is so strong he is certain to be powering home.

Heat 25 - BLACK FARREN - (Lionheart Syndicate) - 40/1

Brilliant runner up in the Irish Derby last year for Graham Holland and is now coming into form at the right time. Got no run in the Scottish Derby final but showed us he is a real Derby contender when winning the top division of the Trainers Championship meeting in eye catching fashion beating both Dorotas Wildcat and King Kid, a major player for sure. Drawn a reasonable heat where he faces Scottish Derby winner The Other Reg but whatever his fate he should easily qualify.

Heat 26 - ROUGH STAR - (D Lee) 400/1

A late entry and arrival at the kennel and really not too much form to go on but trialled nicely at Towcester and you never know. Drawn in with Murrys Act who looks the likely hot favourite but nothing special in the rest of the race so maybe a door might open.

So there's my thoughts on our Star Sports Greyhound Derby entries. It will be the start of a glorious five weeks of action at Towcester. As you can see we have a strong team and most certainly we can get three or four to the latter stages if we have that key ingredient, a bit of luck. Bruisers Bullet represents our best chance and we know he's more than capable of landing the big one, Black Farren would complete a brilliant treble of making the Irish, Scottish and English finals if he could get in the elite six, while we have some dogs like Bombers Bullet, Saleen Ash and Boylesports Duke who are strong running types who have a touch of class. Droopys Wilbury, a former high class runner for Pat Buckley, would be an amazing story if he could come out of retirement and make the final while Ninja Fortune is many people's idea of a dark horse as he has great Towcester form. Honest Robber, Brinkleys Blaze and Rough Star come into the event fresh as all have had injury problems but hopefully at least one of them will surprise. With the kennel in such great form bring it on!

So after mulling over Black Farren and taking into account what Mark says above and that our very own Sicilian has a share in the dog. Think it’s crazy not to have a two time Derby finalist on side at 50/1, added to the team at 2pts ew.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: May 01, 2018, 09:24:23 PM »

My biggest bets have went on Tyrur Shay and Droopys Bonucci at prices that are unfortunately long gone. Shay is hopefully the same dog as last year after an injury and Bonucci was short for this last year and has trialled well as well as flying round Hove recently. Talk still about wide being a negative but you get your draw if you're a wide and Bonucci looks to be one of the best wides in the competition. As Omm has said, I'm also on Murrys Act but more as a favourite dog type of bet - should get a run for my money, can do it either way.

Value probably drained out of the head of the market in the last week so going to throw up a few bigger priced things that I've backed.

Newinn Shadow @ 125/1 Lads (150 exch) - Early paced wide sort for Lister. Decent trials recently and fastest time at Notts by a chunk this year. Pretty exposed but just think there's a few factors that make it worth a few quid at the price. Tough first round heat.

Bombers Bullet @ 80/1 Various - Not Wallis' first string but not many would be ahead of Bruisers in that category. Good all round speed and should be hard to knock out - was outside top 3 in his first 3 career starts but then only once since (18 races). Finished half a length down to the fancied Magical Bale recently.

Calico Brandy - 100/1 Various - Am on at a bit bigger and there was bigger available this morning but still fair at the price. Litter brother Calico Ranger is probably my favourite greyhound in training but just don't think it can drop out the back as much as it does when in the deeper rounds of this. Brandy is strong too but starts better and should go well through the rounds. Half a length behind Rising Brandy who got a clear run, impressive.

Bull Run Button - 125/1 Coral - Fairly stand out price at Coral and worth a trip to the shop. Another with a good all round speed. Last seen in the Scottish Derby where he found trouble at the first bend in the semi but had shown good early and I think could go well at Towcester if getting out a horror first round draw.

Going to focus on the fastest sectional market tomorrow too, top 6 quarter odds. Has to be value in there. Whoops Jack has just been mentioned on RPGTV who threw in a flying sprint trial, price been gobbled today. Elvis fair favourite.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:37:28 PM by scotty2hatty » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: May 01, 2018, 11:05:07 PM »

Oioi!!

Scotty back on the firm <3

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 02, 2018, 11:15:59 AM »

The inside been dead at Romford recently, something like one T1 winner in last 40 races (only roughly 10 top 3 places in those races too). Owners are fuming by all accounts. Worth keeping an eye on results, meeting this morning/afternoon.

5/2 T5 Lotstoliveupto in the last was one that I fancied in an open on Friday, back down to A1 where it ran a career best recently.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: May 02, 2018, 11:21:05 AM »

Welcome back Scotty!

Rising Brandy appears to have a plot draw in the heat of death tomorrow evening.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: May 02, 2018, 11:24:16 AM »

The inside been dead at Romford recently, something like one T1 winner in last 40 races (only roughly 10 top 3 places in those races too). Owners are fuming by all accounts. Worth keeping an eye on results, meeting this morning/afternoon.

5/2 T5 Lotstoliveupto in the last was one that I fancied in an open on Friday, back down to A1 where it ran a career best recently.

First result this morning 1-3-2!!!!   followed by 1-5-3 in second race.  Maybe they have over worked the track to balance it and gone the other way.  Who knows.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 11:31:34 AM by arbboy » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: May 02, 2018, 11:40:58 AM »

First result this morning 1-3-2!!!!   followed by 1-5-3 in second race.  Maybe they have over worked the track to balance it and gone the other way.  Who knows.

Incredible.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: May 02, 2018, 01:42:41 PM »

https://starsports.bet/event/greyhoundracing/79074/star-sports-greyhound-writers-association-media-derby-tipping-challenge/ante-post

Any views gents?

Ben will lay a decent bet generally even online good to see so many markets up
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: