blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 505668 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: May 26, 2018, 12:49:45 PM »

Very disappointing card tonight for me for Towcester to be charging a tenner to get in.  Was expecting all open card and a lot of the opens are very uncompetitive as well outside of the derby semis.  Was going to make the trip down but not going to bother now.  Have to feel Towcester haven't made the effort they did last year when it was on sky for the semi final card.  Derby plate was 36 runners i am sure last year and 3 rounds for example.

100% will be at track next Saturday for the final though.  Look forward to meeting a few blondes maybe and miserable Ralph after his 4 hour round trip from Nottingham!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:51:41 PM by arbboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: May 26, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »

Very disappointing card tonight for me for Towcester to be charging a tenner to get in.  Was expecting all open card and a lot of the opens are very uncompetitive as well outside of the derby semis.  Was going to make the trip down but not going to bother now.  Have to feel Towcester haven't made the effort they did last year when it was on sky for the semi final card.  Derby plate was 36 runners i am sure last year and 3 rounds for example.

100% will be at track next Saturday for the final though.  Look forward to meeting a few blondes maybe and miserable Ralph after his 4 hour round trip from Nottingham!

Have to agree with this Arb, although im really looking forward to it I thought there would be a few better races, will def not be staying until the end.

Fred has gone 11/10 on Verve, im all over it. I suppose you will be looking to lay a few tonight, Wildcat? Verve?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: May 26, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »

Perhaps they thought (quite correctly) it was impossible competing with the CL final with an English team in it.  I understand that if that was the reason.  Just hope next week's card makes up for it and it is as good a card as last year's final was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: May 26, 2018, 02:57:22 PM »

Dean talking about a £180 Derby Dinner reminds me of the time about ten years ago I reserved seats in the restaurant at Wimbledon for myself David Winston and Colin Kennedy - it was a pretty decent three-course dinner at a good table with a decent view of the finishing line, entry and racecard included. It was the year Westmead Hawk's litter-brother(I think) won the final.

It cost £22.50 each for the package.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: May 26, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »

Westmead Lord was only a half-brother to The Hawk and the year was 2007.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: May 26, 2018, 05:45:53 PM »

Have landed at Towcester, updates on Twitter. Met Lofty already. Decent setting.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: May 26, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »

Small bets on Sporting Dave(2.40!) and Black Farren(if I get matched) this evening otherwise probably just a watching/funking brief.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: May 26, 2018, 11:28:35 PM »

Just got h9me, such a great night out, topped off with Bruisers making the final, storming through at the end to be in with a chance in the final. Shame about Rising Brandy going out like that, Matt Dartnell cut straight across the track with him as he clearly didn’t want to talk. Kids had a great time. Droops Verve showed some great class, notice coral have gone 11/8 without knowing the draw, think that’s quite brave, got to be e ens or under come race time.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: May 26, 2018, 11:56:09 PM »

Just got h9me, such a great night out, topped off with Bruisers making the final, storming through at the end to be in with a chance in the final. Shame about Rising Brandy going out like that, Matt Dartnell cut straight across the track with him as he clearly didn’t want to talk. Kids had a great time. Droops Verve showed some great class, notice coral have gone 11/8 without knowing the draw, think that’s quite brave, got to be e ens or under come race time.

Verve is the only middle seed so gets T4, Whoops and Misclick have T5 and T6, so Wildcat, Bruiser's and Bombers have the inside between them.

I think Wildcat getting T3 and Whoops getting T5 is the worst case scenario for Verve.

PS 2/1 Verve on betty.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:14:46 AM by Karabiner » Logged

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: May 27, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »

Verve is the only middle seed so gets T4, Whoops and Misclick have T5 and T6, so Wildcat, Bruiser's and Bombers have the inside between them.

I think Wildcat getting T3 and Whoops getting T5 is the worst case scenario for Verve.

PS 2/1 Verve on betty.

Very true Ralph, I was absolutely knackered when I got home last night, didn’t even remember that Verve is the only middle seed. Actually quite a straight forward draw, I would probabaly favour:

T1 Bombers
T2 Bruisers
T3 Wildcat
T4 Verve
T5 Vic
T6 Jack

When you write it out it certainly looks a cracker. Can’t wait. I was quite surprised to read a few comments yesterday saying that quality wise this is one of the worst Derby’s recently, I actually think quite the opposite. I just really hope the supporting card next week is top notch. Be great to see King Turbo running.

Fact of the day: Bruisers Bullet went out at semi final stage last year and then won in the fastest time of the night on Derby Finals night.

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: May 27, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »

Thanks to whoever put up Bruisers on here.
I can't tell from my bet but is the e/w part home now? I seem to recall the e/w at the time of the bet was just to reach the final?
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: May 27, 2018, 12:55:23 PM »

I can't tell from my bet but is the e/w part home now? I seem to recall the e/w at the time of the bet was just to reach the final?

Omm put it up on here @ 33/1
You're right. Back then it was 1/4 6 places, and in fact I think it's been 1/4 6 places right up to the QFs in some places. So, yes, the place part of the bet is already home. Strangely enough, 366 are still only offering me 90% of my stake on cash out. WTF!? I've been trying to catch them on Chat to find out why they're trying to grim their customers 🤔
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: May 27, 2018, 01:24:57 PM »

You're right. Back then it was 1/4 6 places, and in fact I think it's been 1/4 6 places right up to the QFs in some places. So, yes, the place part of the bet is already home. Strangely enough, 366 are still only offering me 90% of my stake on cash out. WTF!? I've been trying to catch them on Chat to find out why they're trying to grim their customers 🤔

Yep, place part is up on all bet's before Qtr's.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: May 27, 2018, 01:30:56 PM »

Cool, thanks Omm.
Yeah, I'm the same with 366 on the cash out, which even if it loses the final is still worth 6 times what the cash out offer is!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: May 27, 2018, 02:10:43 PM »

7 through to the semi's:

Bruisers Bullet 33/1  10 pts ew and 25/1 2pts ew
Dorotas Wildcat 33/1 2 pts ew
Rising Brandy 66/1 (Arb) 2pts ew
Droopys Verve (Arb) 50/1 2 pts ew and 33/1 1 pt ew
Bomber Bullet (Scotty) 80/1 1pt ew
Saleen Ash 100/1 1pt ew
Oi Oi UPenalty 40/1 £20 free bet

So 4 through to the final:

Bruisers Bullet 33/1  10 pts ew and 25/1 2pts ew
Dorotas Wildcat 33/1 2 pts ew
Droopys Verve (Arb) 50/1 2 pts ew and 33/1 1 pt ew
Bomber Bullet (Scotty) 80/1 1pt ew

EW part up as it was 1/4 6 places.

Thanks to Arb and Scott for Verve and Bombers.

Im sticking with the Bruisers to show his class in the final. He had to be at least 6-8 lenghts down around the 2nd bend and back straight, i was nearly on my knees praying and from the 3rd bend he started to rev it up, then the gaps opened up and and ended up a length or so behind to qualify. Ive watched the videos from last night 3 of 4 times and Verve is obviously the hot dog at the moment and doing everything right for the last 3 rounds. You can analyse this race many ways. It seems every dog in the final has had a scare at some point in the races leading up to Saturday night. None of them can be out of the equation, if Verve pings and leads the 1st bend its doubtful he will get caught, Bruisers finds his trapping boots he will be the same but it will need for him to have his best performance of the Derby so far, Wildcat might have that explosive excelaration from the sand to the bend and he will be the force that they need to beat. Whoops Jack needs to do faster than last night to beat Verve - He has to lead and hold on, Bombers and Vic may need to see abit of trouble but both have been ultra consistent in qualifying and time, they all certainly deserve their places.

Its been great, just one more week for all the glory.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: