blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:02:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272929 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 507084 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3375 on: May 31, 2018, 09:25:43 PM »

Just gone through Saturday's card in a fair amount of detail apart from the Inter Track/Marathon/Hurdle which i have no interest in as there is so little course and distance form to go on.   Some interesting draws in some races full of railers.

Sprint looks top class.  Think the jolly in the Plate final is far too short and not certain to lead at all.

The Regency winner and King Turbo look good things in the stayers and British bred.  Bluebird looks very well drawn to get a result on home turf and his huge following on track surely on finals night.

seniors race looks competitive.  the 10.11pm invitational has four railers in it and only t4 has any early pace so could lead up and cause carnage on the inside and the two wides and both big stayers.  Will be interesting to see how they price this up. 

Non runner in the inter and hurdle I think. Like the look of Bluebird if the price is right. 2 days to go.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: June 01, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »

Nothing better than a 24 second sweat. Profound in the opener at Romford tonight. Finds the 400m a challenge and has been getting picked up, but I think the ones that could get to him tonight don't get the clear run. These bets I love cos if I don't win I've at least had a smal sweat. Punter. 5/2.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: June 01, 2018, 04:43:05 PM »

Nothing better than a 24 second sweat. Profound in the opener at Romford tonight. Finds the 400m a challenge and has been getting picked up, but I think the ones that could get to him tonight don't get the clear run. These bets I love cos if I don't win I've at least had a smal sweat. Punter. 5/2.

love a punt, glgl
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: June 01, 2018, 04:46:30 PM »

Me, Camel and Omm at Towcester tomorrow.  Anyone else making the trip?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: June 01, 2018, 05:40:25 PM »

Me, Camel and Omm at Towcester tomorrow.  Anyone else making the trip?

oi oi, added to the selfie quest.

Camel will be easy as I know what he looks like, you not so much, lol.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: June 01, 2018, 06:00:31 PM »

Just gone through Saturday's card in a fair amount of detail apart from the Inter Track/Marathon/Hurdle which i have no interest in as there is so little course and distance form to go on.   Some interesting draws in some races full of railers.

Sprint looks top class.  Think the jolly in the Plate final is far too short and not certain to lead at all.

The Regency winner and King Turbo look good things in the stayers and British bred.  Bluebird looks very well drawn to get a result on home turf and his huge following on track surely on finals night.

seniors race looks competitive.  the 10.11pm invitational has four railers in it and only t4 has any early pace so could lead up and cause carnage on the inside and the two wides and both big stayers.  Will be interesting to see how they price this up.  

Non runner in the inter and hurdle I think. Like the look of Bluebird if the price is right. 2 days to go.

I actually fancied the withdrawn dog in the inter after watching the 2 races last week and again a few times on replay, with that withdrawn i thought the fav t2 Ashakiran would be odds on across the board so to see it 2.25 with Boyles (dont take a bet) the 2.2 with b365 or 2.1 with Unistan (dont take a bet) looks ok to me. Dog ran really strong last week and i dont see how the others make up the ground. Now he also has more space next to him. Time have been in the low 28secs the last couple of wins at the track and it has been in a few sprints so we know it has pace. Very suprised if it dopesnt go off odds on. I have had 10 pts win.

Love that Affane Party is in the sprint, has been odds on for as long as i can remember, bang railer and is in T1, fred needs to be punished for going 2.25, i have had 10 pts win. If i could have doubled up this and Ashakiran up i would be so ill be keeping an eye out for anything 2.0+(indidually)  for both to double.

Couple more thoughts to come...

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: June 01, 2018, 06:25:00 PM »

The Derby invitation looks pretty decent, Arb has mentioned Bluebird who is running well and Innocent Times could easily have made the Final (remember what happened to Bruisers last year, lost in semi then hacked up with fastest time of night in the Invitational when all pressure was off, like the dog knew :-) ). However at the prices im going to give Magical Bale another chance with fred @ 4.33, its Derby campaign was a bit of a mare and it had trouble in running and starting its last three starts, before that it beat Innocent Times and before that Bombers Bullet. Of course it abit of a risk as some of the other dogs are the form dogs but Bale is very capable, other than Wildcat he was Hutton other Derby choice and at 100/30 I willing to give him another chance. Ive had 4 pts win.

Ive still not decided about the Plate, I have had a small 2 pts on King Kid at the start of the week when it was 7.0 but best is now 6.0, id like to take the fav on at the price. We know that i love Sporting Dave and the move to the inside traps done him well last week, 6.5 looks nice. Of course we have Sicillian's Farren and would kick myself if it won at 8.0 avaliable now. Whatever its going to be a great race. I might just leave it at the Kid. Will decide in the morning.

In the Dorando Marathon we have an Irish raider, of course i do not know much about him so im just going on the form guide but this trip is over 906 and his last 3 races over 725 in Ireland he has been finishing well. I dont mind taking a flyer at a price, could be much bigger on the exchange come race time 13.0 currently in a couple of places. Ive had 2 pts Win and may go in again on exchange if its bigger.

I will own up to greening slightly on the main event. As you know i have 4 of the dogs and want them to win in the following order Bruisers, Verve, Bombers and Wildcat. I couldnt not back Vic at 41.0, cant see it being bigger than this on the exchanges on the night (could be very wrong about that). Ive had 2 pts. So you all know to now back Whoops Jack to win the Derby (to make matters worse my Dad asked me to put £20ew at 40/1 for him, that will hurt having to hand that over if it happens, lol).

Finally as i may not get much time tomorrow night id just like to say how much fun it has been the last 5 weeks. Thanks to the guys that have got involved and also the ones that may have watched a few races because we have been quite active on the thread. Tomorrow is going to be a blast no matter what happens. Goodluck all.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: June 01, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »

^^^^

Have loved your sheer enthusiasm, sense of fun & excitement as to the Derby, Omm, it helped make the thread very popular & readable.

If there were a Greyhound Derby every week, the blonde Post Count would soon get back to acceptable levels.

Hope you have a great night on Saturday.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: June 01, 2018, 06:45:56 PM »

Yeah thanks for all the stuff thats been put up on this thread, will def find time to watch the derby tomorrow!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: June 01, 2018, 06:47:08 PM »

love a punt, glgl

Unlucky bud. 3rd.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: June 01, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »

love a punt, glgl

Unlucky bud. 3rd.

Tosser.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: June 01, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »

Shambles. Didn't even get my sweat.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: June 01, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »

I'm really sorry Mark, Omm, Camel and Jake that I won't be able to join you lot tomorrow evening and not just because I am a miserable old git.

I've really enjoyed The Derby this year, even more so since I thought I wouldn't be able to watch each and every heat as I have done for the last few years. The craic on here has been great as have the tips put up by Arb especially, Omm and Scotty too. I have Verve and Bruiser's safely in the final and have taken some cover on Wildcat and Jack so prepare yourselves for one of the two rags to hose up.

I'll be scouring Twitter for updates and hopefully a few pics of Omm's brood and maybe the whole gang together.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: June 01, 2018, 09:08:45 PM »

Rag??? How dare you!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: June 01, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »

Fastest Sectional for tmrw nights race looks like this:

Jack 5/4
Verve 5/2
Wildcat 5/2
Bruisers 8/1
Vic 25/1
Bombers 33/1

Cant have Verve same price as Wildcat, I get that Whoops Jack is fav however if you look at the sectionals over Derby rounds so far its 3-2 to Jack vs Verve, of course Whoops has the joint best sectional ( I think or 2nd best) for the whole Derby). But a one off race with Verve in form is 5/2 a bit of value? Arb, thoughts?

jack vs Verve last 5 races:

5:09 vs 5:19
5:21 vs 5:20
5:12 vs 5:13
5:23 vs 5:20
5:14 vs 5:22
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: