blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:01:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272594 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499530 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: August 24, 2018, 09:06:33 PM »

Sad Towcester news, sad greyhound news. Surprised with Wallis going to Henlow, although my grasp of English geography is extremely poor and location may be a reason.

Champion Stakes tomorrow and am going to throw some big priced each way darts if I can get the best price.

Kanturk Repeat 25/1
Westway Turk 25/1
Thor Tagg 40/1
Chopchop Gemini 80/1

Those are best prices and that's the only prices I'd want on at so might not be able to back all.

Kanturk Repeat has made final.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: August 24, 2018, 09:53:52 PM »

Not sure if its been posted but Towcester has gone into receivership

Yeah terrible news. How do u feel about it being an owner?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: August 24, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »

Sad Towcester news, sad greyhound news. Surprised with Wallis going to Henlow, although my grasp of English geography is extremely poor and location may be a reason.

Champion Stakes tomorrow and am going to throw some big priced each way darts if I can get the best price.

Kanturk Repeat 25/1
Westway Turk 25/1
Thor Tagg 40/1
Chopchop Gemini 80/1

Those are best prices and that's the only prices I'd want on at so might not be able to back all.

Kanturk Repeat has made final.

Boom boom, well done Scotty, thanks very much for the sweat.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: August 24, 2018, 09:59:56 PM »

Droopys Verve is out of the Irish Derby. No excuses. Didn’t run on the night, trouble at 1st bend but not bad enough not to comeback, couldn’t pass down the back straight and 3rd bend, then nothing after 4th bend, possible he may have got injured around one of the bends but nothing obvious and just looks like he wasn’t at the races. Will pos5 up all the races when 8 can.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: August 25, 2018, 10:04:17 AM »

Droopys Verve is out of the Irish Derby. No excuses. Didn’t run on the night, trouble at 1st bend but not bad enough not to comeback, couldn’t pass down the back straight and 3rd bend, then nothing after 4th bend, possible he may have got injured around one of the bends but nothing obvious and just looks like he wasn’t at the races. Will pos5 up all the races when 8 can.

Saw this and some of the other heats you posted on Twitter - thanks for that.

It just looked like a listless performance from Verve, almost unrecognisable from the dog we saw in June. Hope he's well.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: August 25, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »

Not sure if its been posted but Towcester has gone into receivership

Yeah terrible news. How do u feel about it being an owner?

Its not good at all.. basically a premier track.. all dogs the syndicates have are with Mark Wallis and he was based out of Towcester.. he is absolutely fuming and is having to relocate home track to Henlow..with all respect to Henlow its no Towcester..also begs the question where is the Derby going to ..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: August 27, 2018, 07:25:52 PM »

Heats 9-16

https://youtu.be/4Fb_V16_S_k

Heats 1-8

https://youtu.be/OSoL4oy6cJE
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: August 28, 2018, 10:28:19 PM »

http://www.gbgb.org.uk/news/2/2018/8/953/Champion-Trainers-views-on-Towcester

Champion trainers brutally honest views on Towcester closing.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:07 PM »

Yup

He pretty much told me the same the other week... he is livid

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: August 29, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »

Brinkleys Peot has been retired due to an injury. Sad news for a such a young dog after only a few races.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: August 30, 2018, 04:12:10 AM »

Yup

It must be very tough going from Towcester to Henlow!   If that gaff closed which it could easily do if the streaming rights change i would love to know where he would go then geographically. 
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: August 30, 2018, 05:00:46 AM »

Yup

With Towcester closing are you guys putting a hold on looking for a £20k dog or is it full steam ahead. I saw a tweet yesterday from a syndicate who said since the closure he has been offered quite a lot of top dogs.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: August 30, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »

Yup

With Towcester closing are you guys putting a hold on looking for a £20k dog or is it full steam ahead. I saw a tweet yesterday from a syndicate who said since the closure he has been offered quite a lot of top dogs.

We are still actively looking..we were looking for one for the Irish Derby but ended up a no go.. we kind of drew a line in the sand ..i had a discussion with a few of the others along the lines the sellers were starting to dictate the market and quite frankly getting greedy.... we bough California and Farran for 20k each..then all the prices over the last year started to rise..we were once asked 50k for a dog.. we could have had the 2017 derby winner for 35k pre Derby but hindsight is a beautiful thing... but we have tried to draw a line at 25k otherwise it will never end

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: August 30, 2018, 11:55:53 AM »

Yup

It must be very tough going from Towcester to Henlow!   If that gaff closed which it could easily do if the streaming rights change i would love to know where he would go then geographically. 

Hah you can put that notion to him.. you might just send him over the edge.. Marks such a nice guy and we have become decent friends the last couple of years. I introduced him to the NFl and its now one of his fave things Smiley ... he loves the Greyhounds too much and im sure he will always find a way but honestly Henlow is old, tired looking and needs bringing into the 21st century.. the general thinking at the top of the game is too narrow.. a good friend of mine and one of the syndicate Paul was on the board for a while..his business is promotion etc..and his top line.. he put forward various ideas of how to promote the support and was met with a wall of old school thinking and eventually resigned in frustration..until the mindset changes the sport will be forever be viewed as a backstreet enterprise full of shady people much like poker used to be until it was pulled into the main stream and made glamourous.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: September 03, 2018, 10:10:41 PM »

Sporting Dave run an absolute shocker at Yarmouth tongiht in their derby.   Shocking start at the boxes from one of the quickest dogs in training.  Apart from his race it was a jolly fest with some impressive performances around their tight track. 
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 238 [239] 240 241 242 243 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: