blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:12:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 493693 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3585 on: September 11, 2018, 06:28:13 PM »

Sheffield 19:57 Outdoor Queen 6/1 This dog should give a decent showing for the price. Check BF as it may be bigger on there b4 the off. Its a friends dog and they are quietly confident she will do well as she stays all day. Ive had a couple of pts for an interest, nothing crazy.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: September 11, 2018, 08:15:36 PM »

ul omm just didn't quite see the trip out. 
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: September 11, 2018, 08:21:11 PM »

Got 14.5 on bf before off, when she broke I was over the moon, obvs not as strong on he thought.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: September 11, 2018, 08:23:38 PM »

Got 14.5 on bf before off, when she broke I was over the moon, obvs not as strong on he thought.

I laid the winner in the race.  When it didn't lead didn't think it would stay thhe trip at all.  We both got it wrong.  Amazed the jolly hasn't got up tbh when it had every chance.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: September 15, 2018, 07:46:29 AM »

Decent racing on tonight:

Irish Derby and Derby Plate semis a5 Shelbourne
Northern Flat and Scurry Cup final at Belle Vue
East Anglian Derby semifinals at Yarmouth
Kent St Leger Final at Crayford

Garnaman is brother of Brinkleys Poet and owned by a friend 16/1 so will be bigger on bf near off, can’t tip him as Rex and Jack look like beasts but you never know in hound racing.

Really like Meairads Spring for 5he Derby plate, can’t see an outright market but 7/2 for tonight seems decent, is up against comp fav Droopys Davy who is obvs a very good dog but he can be quite inconsistent and can make mistakes in running, I’m happy to take him on (que a hack up at 2/5) so I’ve had 4 pts win.

As far as Derby is concerned still have a few running with Slippy Cian outright fav and Clonbrien Hero. Thought I’d done Magical Bale but it was Logan and I’m not even sure if he was in the Derby.  Regardless should be two superb semi finals.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: September 16, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »

Verve edged out Borna Gin in Dundalk last night, haven’t see the race yet but photo was extremely close. Verve confirmed as going to Irish Derby, be lucky to get 20/1 when they put him in the betting. Anything bigger and we are dancing in the streets.

20/1 for Verve for Irish Derby with 365 and Boyles, cant really see anyone going any bigger. A few Irish dog men seem to think he will like Shelbourne. Im happy to play at this price. 10 pts ew.

Bets so far for Irish Derby (With a view of going to Shelbourne for the final)

Droopy's Verve 20/1 10 pts ew 1-6 1/4

Clonbrien Hero  33/1 6 pts ew 1-6 1/4

https://youtu.be/bi3f5lwpF0U

This is Magical Logan winning on its Shelbourne debut, thought we would be lucky to get more than 20/1 after this display. Coral and boyles Have obliged with 25/1, added to the team.

Magical Logan 25/1 4pts ew 1-6  1/4

Saw a Derby trail for Slippy Cian on Twitter (as mentioned earlier) can’t copy it here as can’t find it on YouTube. Decent run. Have added it to the team 4pts ew @ 25/1.

Verve put in another decent trail a few days ago, sub 28secs. Most books have cut him again. Will probably go off sub 14/1. I may have another 8 pts ew if I can get the 16/1. Will confirm later.

I couldn’t get the 16/1 on Verve so left it, best now 12/1.

Anyway after watching a few races and reading a few articles I’ve had my biggest bet on Lenson Blinder 20/1 with BV only 15 pts ew. I’d already missed the 33/1 that 365 opened and was gutted, thought we wouldn’t see anything bigger than 16/1 so when Vic reopened after the draw I was excited to get 20/1. We know that Lenny Ponder bought the dog initially for the English Derby and for a dog that ha£ never seen Towcester he didn’t disgrace himself. Has run some great races round Shelbourne and with Slippy Cian (Litter bro) is Holland’s Main Derby hope.

I’ll try and find some videos of his runs and stick them up. That’s it for the ante post team. Starts Friday.

I’ve added Stonepark Noel at 40/1 4pts ew 1/4 1-6

https://youtu.be/rfmAVMzb_EA

29:61 after stumbling out of the traps and having some decent back straight speed. We know he has the pedigree as he is from Laughill Blake a previous Irish Derby Champion.

Could be the one to upset the top of them betting.

Loved the run Cash is King done in the 1st round as well will keep an eye out in round two.

So 2 through to the final

Clonbrien Hero 33/1 6 pts ew 1-6
Slippy Cian  25/1 4 pts ew 1-6

So the each way part has landed. Cian will be fav, any of the 6 can win it. Great to see 2 inside, 2 middle and 2 wide seeds so no excuses from any of them. Saw a stat that says if Clonbrien Hero wins his lifetime prize money will be nearly £250k, not bad for the owners.

I still may go as I’m off the weekend, will see how I’m feeling but never been before and it’s probably something I should do at least once in my life. Now is a good a time as any.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: September 16, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »

Decent racing on tonight:

Irish Derby and Derby Plate semis a5 Shelbourne
Northern Flat and Scurry Cup final at Belle Vue
East Anglian Derby semifinals at Yarmouth
Kent St Leger Final at Crayford

Garnaman is brother of Brinkleys Poet and owned by a friend 16/1 so will be bigger on bf near off, can’t tip him as Rex and Jack look like beasts but you never know in hound racing.

Really like Meairads Spring for 5he Derby plate, can’t see an outright market but 7/2 for tonight seems decent, is up against comp fav Droopys Davy who is obvs a very good dog but he can be quite inconsistent and can make mistakes in running, I’m happy to take him on (que a hack up at 2/5) so I’ve had 4 pts win.

As far as Derby is concerned still have a few running with Slippy Cian outright fav and Clonbrien Hero. Thought I’d done Magical Bale but it was Logan and I’m not even sure if he was in the Derby.  Regardless should be two superb semi finals.

Garnaman finished last which obvs wasn’t unexpected. Bit disappointed with Meariads Spring, didn’t really get a run at all. Gutted that I thought I had Bale as he won last night and is through to the final, Kevin Hutton had him for the English Derby and reckons he is faster than Wildcat which is say8ng something. Just hope he is not that fast next Saturday. I’ll post races when I get a chance.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: September 17, 2018, 03:26:56 PM »

Derby Semi Final

Plate semi

https://youtu.be/Je-xjX-kKcE

https://youtu.be/kWTD_BSi5G4

First Semi

https://youtu.be/bKIuP3xFXcA

Second Semi

https://youtu.be/_UHxZOB3XPI

Round up by Ian Fortune and Paul Hennessy

https://youtu.be/cSafgZ9Lrgw
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: September 22, 2018, 02:16:01 PM »

Final tonight and it’s wide open

9:15 tonight will be a great race, books can’t split Magical Bale, Slippy Cian and Jaytee Taylor not much in it on the exchange either.  Clone Blaze, Clonbrien Hero and the outsider Ballyamne Sim all certainly not out of it.

Kevin Hutton part owns and trained Magical Bale when he had a crack at the English Derby last year. Of course he won that with Dorotas Wildcat so to do the double would be amazing. he is not training Bale for the Irish Derby that task is being done by Patrick Guilfoyle who won last year with Good News so another amazing achievement on the cards for back to back titles.

Clonbrien Hero has won 3 majors and if wins this will have around €250k winnings lifetime which has got to be the dream for any trainer or owner of dogs.

Jaytee Taylor came over for English Derby to try and emulate the achievement of Jaytee Jet who won it a few years ago. Both trained by Hennesy’s so would be super to have that achievement in their locker.

Graham Holland has 3 of the runners in the final, Clonbrien Hero, Clona Blaze and The joint fav (who I think will end up outright fav tonight) Slippy Cian. He started with 16 runners so always had a decent chance of a deep run, massive achievement already and could easily go 1-2-3 tonight.

My head and wallet wants Clonbrien to find one last big win. Cian would be a nice consolation. I’ve backed Ballyanne Sim at 21.0 on exchange as I don’t think it should be that big.

If none of those oblige my heart wants to see Magical Bale do the double for Hutton and Guilfoyle. So the shrewd ones amount you can now chose between Clona and Taylor as to who is the actual winner, 😂.

I can imagine it going something like Ballyanne Sim breaks well which impedes Bales Run, that frees up Cian whole tucks in behind Sim in 2nd at the bend closely joined by Clona Blaze who has managed to miss trouble between Hero stepping right at the traps and Taylor in t5. They all manage to make the bend, down back straight Cian shows a turn of foot and Hero has come through to be in contention going into the last bend, Sim can’t stay in front round the last Cian is in the lead just to Hero but Taylor has started to motor with Bale and Clona battling to get back in. As they straighten up and come to the line Cian is hanging on from the fast finishing Taylor And the line comes on the nod with Hero not far behind in 3rd. Cian is the champ, Taylor a fas5 finishing 2nd, Hero just couldn’t get there in 3rd. Sim, Bale and Blaze anyway you like.

Even if all that is a load of bollocks it will still be a great race.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: September 23, 2018, 09:07:35 AM »

https://youtu.be/-nfjlKEdLHs

T1 Ballyanne Sim wins the Derby sp 14/1

Shelbourne was set up super quick, T1 won 6 of the 13 races and Derby won in the quickest time of 29:28 of the whole comp. pretty certain t5 or T6 didn’t win a race (haven’t re watched all the races). Think there was only one race were a dog came back after being headed all the others was dog lead and won.

Tough to see a great race and the track clearly favoured the inside. T6 had as good a start as T1 and was certainly quick enough to beat it to the corner but just seemed to be in treacle. Anyway that’s dog racing,  The saver on T1 on the machine worked out and the place money on Hero and Cian made it an enjoyable watch over the last few weeks.

I liked the look of Affane Party winning the East Anglian Derby last week, beat Elvis and Kilmore Lemon well with a very good young dog in 2nd (forgot the name, Jansens thinks a lot of him as he matches Lemon for starting speed).100/1 on Party for next year Derby looks nice but can’t back a dog when we don’t even know where it will be or if it’s even going to run.

GbGB have started to look for interest in staging the English Derby next year, the biggest issue is going to be the prize money. As we have already seen with the Leger the race is going ahead but with dramatically reduced prize money so much so that it probably isn’t worth the owners paying the sort of money they are for top class dogs.

Be interested to hear Silcilian’s take on it especially with the amount that the Lionheart Sydicate have/looking to spend.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: September 30, 2018, 09:52:35 PM »

http://greyhoundbet.racingpost.com/#result-meeting-result/race_id=1642417&track_id=70&r_date=2018-09-30&r_time=18:09

Tough to get a bigger forecast in a cat 1 semi final than that!!!!    god knows what price these two were on bf on the exchhange.  I wasn't around to witness it.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: October 02, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »

Not sure if we are on Rox nidge for the Derby next year but Martin Green's dog shit up tonight in the cat 1 steel city cup at Sheffield.  Their big 4 bend event of the year in 28.50 and looks right back to form.  Congrats to Martin for getting the dog back from a career threatening injury.  

http://www.gbgb.org.uk/resultsRace.aspx?id=2138619

Went off 2/5 for chunks on bf but returned 1/2 sp in the ring.

https://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/greyhound-derby/winner
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: October 04, 2018, 01:29:33 PM »

Not sure if we are on Rox nidge for the Derby next year but Martin Green's dog shit up tonight in the cat 1 steel city cup at Sheffield.  Their big 4 bend event of the year in 28.50 and looks right back to form.  Congrats to Martin for getting the dog back from a career threatening injury.  

http://www.gbgb.org.uk/resultsRace.aspx?id=2138619

Went off 2/5 for chunks on bf but returned 1/2 sp in the ring.

https://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/ante-post/greyhound-derby/winner

We had him early doors for this years Derby and would have been in for a real treat if he hadn't have gotten injured.

Currently 25/1 ante post and if the Derby was tomorrow id be surprised if he was 12/1 or less outright. A major feat getting him back to that sort of form after such an injury.

Whats your thoughts on not knowing where it will be held? or even if?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: October 04, 2018, 04:53:40 PM »

my personal view is it will be held at towcester when it reopens.  25 bids have been made for Towcester so its going to reopen in one form or another.  Whether it will still have the derby is another matter.  It has been well backed with lolbrokes that towcester still has it next year.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: October 12, 2018, 04:46:12 PM »

Anyone with 365 should take advantage of the 4/1 T1 in the 7:49 Romford, next best 5/2 and will go off shorter than that. Mate easily got no bad 3 figs on there so be quick.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: