blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 493640 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: June 22, 2019, 10:59:52 PM »

Tanya's on RPGTV tonight *groan* and has already put me on tilt by saying Dor-a-tos Wildcat.

Mute 

I had forgotten how nice e it was not to see her anymore.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: June 23, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »

6 raiilers in the final.  Virtually every dog in all the supporting finals are railers as well yet hardly any discussion about a 'quick away railer' bias compared to the last two years at Towcester when it was all that was discussed.  My personal view is Towcester was a much better location track wise and facility wise for the Derby.  The crowd looked tiny last night for the semis compared to Towcester's two years.  I wiish anyone going next week luck enjoying the viewing experience at the track and the tiny betting ring indoors.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: June 23, 2019, 02:52:35 PM »

6 raiilers in the final.  Virtually every dog in all the supporting finals are railers as well yet hardly any discussion about a 'quick away railer' bias compared to the last two years at Towcester when it was all that was discussed.  My personal view is Towcester was a much better location track wise and facility wise for the Derby.  The crowd looked tiny last night for the semis compared to Towcester's two years.  I wiish anyone going next week luck enjoying the viewing experience at the track and the tiny betting ring indoors.

Apparently they are erecting a marquee alongside the second bend for the final card in the space usually used as the trainer's car-park with three bookies standing there trackside.

Nathan Corden said last night that there are only a couple of hundred tickets left for sale to the public at this time and he expects them to sell out fast.

I don't have Nathan's confidence and reckon the crowd will be sparse again on Saturday with general admission @£25.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: June 23, 2019, 11:51:09 PM »

https://twitter.com/kevhuttonracing

Here is the obvious Wildcat explanation from last night.  He was 1.01 to qualify at the second bend if he stayed fit.   What a dog.  Could easily have won 3 straight Derby's with a bit more luck and injury free status.  I had the biggest ever bet in my life on a dog in the 2017 derby plate he won (and he would have gagged up in the Derby final that night if he had more luck in the earlier rounds).   He was the biggest certainty in history odds against in that derby plate.  Then the following year at Towcester he shit up in the Derby final.  I loved those two years at Towcester and the Cat is the dog people will always remember from those two Towcester Derby years.  Plate winner/Derby winner.  Only stopped from a derby final this year through injury.  Best dog since the hawk for me.  Would have won even more cat 1's for being terribly drawn in so many races.  Draws win races at any level and he never had the rub of the green draw wise across his career against the real top operators who he faced.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:06:42 AM by arbboy » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: June 28, 2019, 01:54:07 PM »

T1 Chopchop Basil in the 7:17 @ 9/4 is one of the better bets I've seen at Romford for a bit. Can't price a race but was surprised it wasn't even money. Has the rail unopposed, he starts and stays, gogp.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: June 28, 2019, 04:38:30 PM »

T1 Chopchop Basil in the 7:17 @ 9/4 is one of the better bets I've seen at Romford for a bit. Can't price a race but was surprised it wasn't even money. Has the rail unopposed, he starts and stays, gogp.

https://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/romford/19:17/winner

Plenty of money around for it.  Really should have no excuses from its draw.  T2 and T3 very slow away.  Whole race will depend on T4 and 6 can stop the big staying t5 a run at the first bend.   Does look much closer to an even money shot than the 9/4.    Amazing t3 is only 7/1 looks a 25/1 shot to me.  23.80 twice around Crayford is a4 time and can't possibly lead and will go rails out of the boxes.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: June 28, 2019, 07:27:35 PM »

that was very annoying.  Laid the 3 to place at 3/1 and it led 6 lengths after the fav fell out and just held on for second.   Fav went off tight 11/8 on the machine.    Bundles of cash for it.  We got the ev as usual but no cash
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: June 28, 2019, 08:20:02 PM »

Can't spend that value huh.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: June 28, 2019, 10:05:51 PM »

Can't spend that value huh.

You can if you lay it back at 5/4 on the machine.   Perfectly edible if you want it to be.    Wink
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: June 29, 2019, 07:00:39 PM »

Greatest race of the year tonight.  Greyhound derby final at 910pm on ch 431 on sky or rpgtv on line
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: June 29, 2019, 08:18:12 PM »

This Irish lad on ch431 is a top commentator.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: July 02, 2019, 06:49:10 PM »

Droopys Nadal into the Scottish Derby final. 150/1 with 365 and Boyles for English Derby, there is a piece on Wright and Harrison on RPGTV YouTube channel where they confirm he is in the team for Nottingham. Obvs difficult to get on and probably not best to go mad if u want to keep the account. I’ve had 1pt ew.

https://youtu.be/OjabeqwPFzw

Worth having a couple of points ew on Droopys Expert as well, 50/1 in a couple of spots and although he didn’t qualify in Scotland he has improved after injury and will be going to Nottingham which is a track he likes, can also win from any trap which is important.

2pts ew at 50/1.

In other news Brinkley’s Poet who got injured and retired is now on the comeback, had his second race last night and by all accounts done quiet well. Would not harm my ante post positions at all if he made it to Nottingham as I had wrote those off last year. Great to see a dog of his calibre coming back, just have to see if he still can be top class.

just seen an unexpected few quid in my account....cheers!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: July 04, 2019, 03:35:30 PM »

Running in the 4:09 A1 today, 11/4!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: July 04, 2019, 04:46:46 PM »

Was a 'good' A1 for Romford.  Much better than most maiden Friday night opens nowadays.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: July 04, 2019, 04:58:19 PM »

Was a 'good' A1 for Romford.  Much better than most maiden Friday night opens nowadays.

Agreed, was decent. Figured it was favouring the outsides, then they popped in a couple of inside-ish winners.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: