blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:42:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499623 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: November 28, 2014, 06:29:49 PM »

Had bet Airport Captain on Wednesday and was proper gutted to not have the Captain/Bob clash. Bloody traffic. It also didn't help that Aalto had a clear run against Any Dak, who I'd bet, given that Blonde Razor was out in the next trap.

Had had my biggest bet for a while on Bob in the opening round. Never doing that again was sweating up until he pinged.

Bit shorter than my usual stuff but had bets on Calzaghe George (13/8 best) in the Laurels heats and Forest Sara (7/4 best) in the Oaks QFs. Can see George pacing up better than Underground Paul and the distance is probably just short enough to see George home whilst Forest Sara can get the better of Evanta Evita as she's the fitter bitch at this point and should show superior early and middle pace.

Steve's Dream is 4/1 in the last at Romford but could be bigger on BF come the off and is worth a small bet. Vanfrenchie is odds on but in my eyes is very hit and miss and looks like he needs to get on the bunny. Steve is super consistent at the traps and threw in a flashy sectional in the Vase and is a greedy dog who doesn't like to let many past at this level. Worth taking the chance that Vanfrenchie doesn't get a flyer.

Bigger bet on George but generally 3 small bets.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 28, 2014, 07:52:08 PM »

Had bet Airport Captain on Wednesday and was proper gutted to not have the Captain/Bob clash. Bloody traffic. It also didn't help that Aalto had a clear run against Any Dak, who I'd bet, given that Blonde Razor was out in the next trap.

Had had my biggest bet for a while on Bob in the opening round. Never doing that again was sweating up until he pinged.

Bit shorter than my usual stuff but had bets on Calzaghe George (13/8 best) in the Laurels heats and Forest Sara (7/4 best) in the Oaks QFs. Can see George pacing up better than Underground Paul and the distance is probably just short enough to see George home whilst Forest Sara can get the better of Evanta Evita as she's the fitter bitch at this point and should show superior early and middle pace.

Steve's Dream is 4/1 in the last at Romford but could be bigger on BF come the off and is worth a small bet. Vanfrenchie is odds on but in my eyes is very hit and miss and looks like he needs to get on the bunny. Steve is super consistent at the traps and threw in a flashy sectional in the Vase and is a greedy dog who doesn't like to let many past at this level. Worth taking the chance that Vanfrenchie doesn't get a flyer.

Bigger bet on George but generally 3 small bets.

Welcome back to the thread mate!!!! Love Forest Sara, been on her the last two times and think it's best to stick with her while in form. Was thrilled to see 7/4 so I lumped on, glad to see you are on as well. Good luck with the others. I've also taken the 11/8 on Ayamzaone at Romford.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 28, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »

That's the night paid for.

Had Bubbly Rocket in my notes but then family drama kicked off and I'm just online. Tilt put more on George.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 28, 2014, 09:17:51 PM »

That's the night paid for.

Had Bubbly Rocket in my notes but then family drama kicked off and I'm just online. Tilt put more on George.

Great to have u back, please post more  Grin thumbs up
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 28, 2014, 11:15:47 PM »

Top tippage tonight scotty, shame about Forest Sara but Steves Dream more than makes up for that.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 28, 2014, 11:20:58 PM »

well done scotty

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:32:26 PM by horseplayer » Logged
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 28, 2014, 11:48:43 PM »

Nice one scotty as per! Smiley Also nice one Omm with Ayamzaone!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 02, 2014, 05:12:43 PM »

big inside/mid bias at sunderland this afternoon.  No t5 or t6 dogs PLACED in any race yet after 8 races.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: December 02, 2014, 05:19:18 PM »

anyone around to oioioioi the captain home tonight?  Got a cheeky lump ew on him at 7/2 when bob was stuck on the motorway and going to have to be withdrawn last week.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 02, 2014, 10:38:15 PM »

anyone around to oioioioi the captain home tonight?  Got a cheeky lump ew on him at 7/2 when bob was stuck on the motorway and going to have to be withdrawn last week.

Got the place cash somehow whine captain nearly went south.  Hate not getting the world when u risk an accounts its a dirty ew bet like this when they are fast asleep.  Breaking even on the coup is a result given two dogs died in the race.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 03, 2014, 08:50:03 AM »

Got the place cash somehow whine captain nearly went south.  Hate not getting the world when u risk an accounts its a dirty ew bet like this when they are fast asleep.  Breaking even on the coup is a result given two dogs died in the race.

Took the night away really, two dogs in the big race dying, you just don't expect it, certainly puts things in perspective about how fast and hard these dogs run, one trip up and it's all over. I sadly had Ballmac Alto ante post at 28-1, would certainly have traded it all for a safe return. The emotions of connections as well, Tuna Crunch pinged the lids and was leading until it was caught on the hind legs and tumble, for a while it looked like they would win the race going to the dog being carried off the track within seconds. Big shame, certainly not a night of celebration for the Essex Vase winner.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: December 03, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »

Took the night away really, two dogs in the big race dying, you just don't expect it, certainly puts things in perspective about how fast and hard these dogs run, one trip up and it's all over. I sadly had Ballmac Alto ante post at 28-1, would certainly have traded it all for a safe return. The emotions of connections as well, Tuna Crunch pinged the lids and was leading until it was caught on the hind legs and tumble, for a while it looked like they would win the race going to the dog being carried off the track within seconds. Big shame, certainly not a night of celebration for the Essex Vase winner.

Yeah, agree. Awful stuff.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 03, 2014, 11:04:29 AM »

Do you have a bit more detail on the sad events of last night?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:31 AM »

Not actually sure why the dogs had to be put to sleep. What I do know is Tuna Crunch (outsider of the field about 20-1) pinged from trap 4 and lead at the first bend, it helped that Airport Captain (fav) in t2 and Ballymac Alto in t3 didn't trap well. Then at the third bend it looked like t2 and t3 went for the same space behind Tuna Crunch leading to him being caught on the hind legs and tumbling, where he was in the lead the other dogs couldn't aviod him and I think T3 Ballymac Alto went straight over the top off him, then at the fourth bend Ballymac Alto pulled up. At this point t5 Any Dak had gone clear but T6 Ademous followed and at the 6th bend T6 just took off on the outside and won comfortably. The commentator mention that Tuna Cruch had to be carried of the track and was in some distress. Later it was confirmed that both dogs had to be put to sleep. The winner was 7/1 and trained locally but of course there was hardly any celebration and even during the interviews the first thing spoke about were the other dogs. When I find out the reason I'll post it. The dogs go at top speed about 40mph so you can imagine any tumble or collision can have serious consequences, unfortunately last night was the ultimate consequence for two dogs and there connections. Sad sad time for Greyhound racing.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 03, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »

Not actually sure why the dogs had to be put to sleep. What I do know is Tuna Crunch (outsider of the field about 20-1) pinged from trap 4 and lead at the first bend, it helped that Airport Captain (fav) in t2 and Ballymac Alto in t3 didn't trap well. Then at the third bend it looked like t2 and t3 went for the same space behind Tuna Crunch leading to him being caught on the hind legs and tumbling, where he was in the lead the other dogs couldn't aviod him and I think T3 Ballymac Alto went straight over the top off him, then at the fourth bend Ballymac Alto pulled up. At this point t5 Any Dak had gone clear but T6 Ademous followed and at the 6th bend T6 just took off on the outside and won comfortably. The commentator mention that Tuna Cruch had to be carried of the track and was in some distress. Later it was confirmed that both dogs had to be put to sleep. The winner was 7/1 and trained locally but of course there was hardly any celebration and even during the interviews the first thing spoke about were the other dogs. When I find out the reason I'll post it. The dogs go at top speed about 40mph so you can imagine any tumble or collision can have serious consequences, unfortunately last night was the ultimate consequence for two dogs and there connections. Sad sad time for Greyhound racing.

Thanks Omm.

I don't really follow the Dogs these days, though I used to be a 6 nights a week man at all the London tracks.

Can't say I ever recall 2 fatalities in the same race.

Very sad, especially for the connections.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: