blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:42:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 499697 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: January 15, 2015, 10:47:33 PM »

Going for 4 in the next, no reasoning, just my lucky pin.  With the outside bias Arbboy has pointed out, the fav in trap 5 in the 10:11 looks solid to my untrained eye.

Nice work bud.  when 2 got free early thought we were in trouble there.  2 bigger stayer than 5.  Bias gets the 5 home!!
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:09 PM »

Going for 4 in the next, no reasoning, just my lucky pin.  With the outside bias Arbboy has pointed out, the fav in trap 5 in the 10:11 looks solid to my untrained eye.

Nice work bud.  when 2 got free early thought we were in trouble there.  2 bigger stayer than 5.  Bias gets the 5 home!!

All your work with the bias mate, im just using my best guess with your info.  Going to stick with trap 5 in the last, seems the best out of the outside 2 traps, fav in trap 1 im guessing we should still be opposing.  Lets see if it pans out.
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: January 15, 2015, 11:00:28 PM »

Should have gone for the 6 then!  All the outside traps that broke the quickest seemed so hard to catch from the races I watched, I think the results all testify to the fact your early spot on the bias was spot on Arbboy.  Thanks for posting!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: January 15, 2015, 11:01:03 PM »

6 hoses up in last by half the track.  1 huge stayer and quickest dog in race sole railer still running now.  Not a mention of the bias on the show all night as well.  Just emailled them now asking if they noticed it!  sure they won't read the email out.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: January 15, 2015, 11:05:07 PM »

Should have gone for the 6 then!  All the outside traps that broke the quickest seemed so hard to catch from the races I watched, I think the results all testify to the fact your early spot on the bias was spot on Arbboy.  Thanks for posting!

It's not just the wides winning that can happen by chance it's the price of the wides which are winning by miles who have no chance on paper and how badly the railers underperformed with clear runs when many were short priced favs.  Lot of people just look at the results for biases but if you watch the races closely and see which dogs are under/over performing early it gives u a much better idea than just the results themselves.  Obviously nights like tonight it's obvious from the results but if u just looked at the results on sky tues at Romford most of the winners were mid to wide but the track was massively favouring the rails/mid.  It is times like that usually where your biggest edges can be.  I tend to lay the short ones against the bias (esp dogs which are stayers and might need further) rather than try to back the winners in the wides.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: January 16, 2015, 02:47:58 PM »

http://www.racingpost.com/greyhounds/card.sd#resultDay=2015-01-17&raceId=1344654

This is the race some of my kind friends have decided to sponsor tomorrow night as part of my 40th bday piss up (everyone is welcome to attend tomorrow at Monmore just turn up at 630pm onwards - several blondes already confirmed attendance including Stu Rutter, James Williams and Matt Lewis  (cottonbud and cutefish on here from years ago) and Mr/Mrs Bandit!).  Wouldn't mind a few of the judges on here having a look at the race and passing on your views.  Obviously we are going to be looking as a group to take the on course layers pants' down so to speak on the race so there could well be some on course market moves for the race in the betting shops!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:57:09 PM by arbboy » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: January 16, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »

http://www.racingpost.com/greyhounds/card.sd#resultDay=2015-01-17&raceId=1344654

This is the race some of my kind friends have decided to sponsor tomorrow night as part of my 40th bday piss up (everyone is welcome to attend tomorrow at Monmore just turn up at 630pm onwards - several blondes already confirmed attendance including Stu Rutter, James Williams and Matt Lewis  (cottonbud and cutefish on here from years ago) and Mr/Mrs Bandit!).  Wouldn't mind a few of the judges on here having a look at the race and passing on your views.  Obviously we are going to be looking as a group to take the on course layers pants' down so to speak on the race so there could well be some on course market moves for the race in the betting shops!

Happy birthday.

Time to change the username to arboldman? arbpasthisprime?

arbmiddleagedman at the very least.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: January 16, 2015, 03:04:22 PM »

This is the race some of my kind friends have decided to sponsor tomorrow night as part of my 40th bday piss up (everyone is welcome to attend tomorrow at Monmore just turn up at 630pm onwards - several blondes already confirmed attendance including Stu Rutter, James Williams and Matt Lewis  (cottonbud and cutefish on here from years ago) and Mr/Mrs Bandit!).  Wouldn't mind a few of the judges on here having a look at the race and passing on your views.  Obviously we are going to be looking as a group to take the on course layers pants' down so to speak on the race so there could well be some on course market moves for the race in the betting shops!

Happy birthday.

Time to change the username to arboldman? arbpasthisprime?

arbmiddleagedman at the very least.

I going to change it to 'ihaventarbedsince2010' tbh because i haven't!  I was 'arbpasthisprime' when i started arbing in 2005!
dan

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: January 18, 2015, 12:14:18 AM »

Does evil pie have a greyhound? Just got back from hall green and had a nice 5/2 winner in the 9:50 called dusktildawn!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: January 23, 2015, 01:12:53 PM »

Scotty

Can't see much going on at Romford tonight, although I do notice that your poke, Evanta Fantasy seems to have had a bit of a drop in competition, suppose t2 is all the danger as capable of pinging but surely EF should have the makings of these, was quite surprised to see 2/1. Thoughts?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: January 23, 2015, 01:16:04 PM »

Liked how Black Francis ran at Towcester last night and has been putting in some good performances, went to top up on 33/1 with SB for Golden Jacket and promptly cut to 20/1. That being said I have taken some of the 25's with Bfsb this morning as I still think that's a fair price. EW 1-4. Might also be Wallis' only charge for the comp as he has ruled out Vanrooney and Billy's Bullet who is running the prestige.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: January 23, 2015, 06:42:06 PM »

Scotty

Can't see much going on at Romford tonight, although I do notice that your poke, Evanta Fantasy seems to have had a bit of a drop in competition, suppose t2 is all the danger as capable of pinging but surely EF should have the makings of these, was quite surprised to see 2/1. Thoughts?

It's huge. I am a fan of Red in the race too however EF will be around 5/4 come the off tonight imo.

I've taken a dabble on 3 tonight...

906 Doddthrilla 9/2
940 Elaines Boy 3/1
1026 Evanta Fantasy 2/1

Good luck.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: January 23, 2015, 07:35:35 PM »

Scotty

It's huge. I am a fan of Red in the race too however EF will be around 5/4 come the off tonight imo.

906 Doddthrilla 9/2
940 Elaines Boy 3/1
1026 Evanta Fantasy 2/1

Good luck.

Welcome to the thread Matty, have you been watching the thread for a while? When you get a chance tell us abit about yourself. Goodluck with the selections.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: January 23, 2015, 07:43:27 PM »

Scotty

906 Doddthrilla 9/2
940 Elaines Boy 3/1
1026 Evanta Fantasy 2/1

Good luck.

Welcome to the thread Matty, have you been watching the thread for a while? When you get a chance tell us abit about yourself. Goodluck with the selections.

Thanks Omm.

Yes I enjoy the thread from afar for a while and have bet greyhounds for most of my life. Thought I would post my selections tonight see how they get on and other peoples thoughts.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: January 23, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »

looks decent outside at sunderland from early races.  t2 in last quickest in race led up and found nothing as 6 powered home.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: