blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Trip Report...(Long)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Trip Report...(Long)  (Read 36151 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2009, 11:35:56 PM »

Testosterone ftw 

Keep 'em coming please Coc.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2009, 12:54:20 AM »

Costosterone ftw 

Keep 'em coming please Coc.

FYP

The older I get, the better I was.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2009, 01:41:32 AM »

"All this has happened within the first few rounds of being back at day 2 and now my table is very very annoying. Everyone is open shoving with like 40bb stacks, following the example of the 1 guy from the day before. It's pretty tilting and me and Gem Husnu are sat next to one another frustratingly not able to open any pots as they've been shoved before us."

Yeah, check it out Cos. You seem to get pretty damn annoyed at the poker table. In this event you had words with Con, you wanted to chin your oppo when you had that 6-9, you're vexed about the Latvians, you had all that bad feeling vs Bradshaw wanting to prove a point etc, as well as lots of general annoyance and frustration with almost every random player you come up against. This doesn't help you play good poker and I'm sure you know that. So why play with such a tilt prone emotional mentality?

Tilting/Annoying/Frustrating etc are all words I choose to use to give dramatic effect for the sake of the piece of writing. Whilst many of the situations were not ideal, I rarely ever let them influence my play. Bradshaw's mouth probably got to me the most but I soon rectified the situation and used it to my advantage.

To correct you once again Mantis, I did not have words with Con Cronin in this event. I had words with him in the satellite the night before.

As regards the Latvians, I just did what was right for the sake of the whole table. No big deal.

I'm not really a hugely confrontational guy by nature, I like more than anything just to get along with people and have a good time but I can ignite pretty quickly if I feel someone is taking the piss. I'm pretty happy that in the last 6 months or so I've learnt to just get on with stuff at the table and really not let it affect my play.

Chiprich was sat at the table with me for most of the weekend and will tell you my play wasn't tilty and I was more good banter at the table than anything.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »

Wow look how mad cos is getting at mantis. Posting on the forum when your so tilted is not ideal mate.

I think you need to take a step back!

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 26, 2009, 09:23:06 AM »

"All this has happened within the first few rounds of being back at day 2 and now my table is very very annoying. Everyone is open shoving with like 40bb stacks, following the example of the 1 guy from the day before. It's pretty tilting and me and Gem Husnu are sat next to one another frustratingly not able to open any pots as they've been shoved before us."

Yeah, check it out Cos. You seem to get pretty damn annoyed at the poker table. In this event you had words with Con, you wanted to chin your oppo when you had that 6-9, you're vexed about the Latvians, you had all that bad feeling vs Bradshaw wanting to prove a point etc, as well as lots of general annoyance and frustration with almost every random player you come up against. This doesn't help you play good poker and I'm sure you know that. So why play with such a tilt prone emotional mentality?

Tilting/Annoying/Frustrating etc are all words I choose to use to give dramatic effect for the sake of the piece of writing. Whilst many of the situations were not ideal, I rarely ever let them influence my play. Bradshaw's mouth probably got to me the most but I soon rectified the situation and used it to my advantage.

To correct you once again Mantis, I did not have words with Con Cronin in this event. I had words with him in the satellite the night before.

As regards the Latvians, I just did what was right for the sake of the whole table. No big deal.

I'm not really a hugely confrontational guy by nature, I like more than anything just to get along with people and have a good time but I can ignite pretty quickly if I feel someone is taking the piss. I'm pretty happy that in the last 6 months or so I've learnt to just get on with stuff at the table and really not let it affect my play.

Chiprich was sat at the table with me for most of the weekend and will tell you my play wasn't tilty and I was more good banter at the table than anything.

Oh ok. It's just when you said that after 20 minutes of sitting down at the table you were very very annoyed, pretty tilted and frustrated, I naturally presumed that's how you felt. If it was just for dramatics then fine. With Bradshaw you get the hump that he thinks you're an internet kid and you want to prove him wrong. But if you're a more experienced and cultured player than Bradshaw thinks you are then that's a good thing for you. Your eagerness to disprove his perception is detrimental imo. Verbals that went on for ages, turning your cards the same way as he does, reporting his antics to Tighty, happy that you'd made him look silly. Just don't know how all that baggage helps you. You might think that stuff doesn't affect your play but if you were indifferent to this guy's opinions it definitely wouldn't affect your play.

You were having words with Con in a sat on the day before having words with people in this event. Yep I certainly stand corrected bud.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 26, 2009, 09:50:49 AM »

Mantis 1 : 0 Papertits

Mantis 2/9
Papertits 7/2
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 26, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »

Look - COS WAS NOT ANGRY OR TILTED UP, RIGHT?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 26, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »

This Thread gets better & better.

Do GreekBoys celebrate Christmas?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »

STOP SHOUTING !
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2009, 11:57:25 AM »

STOP SHOUTING !

Sorry, I thought I was Cos, saying I WAS NOT ANGRY, RIGHT?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2009, 12:32:22 PM »

Mantis 2/9
Papertits 7/2

This.

FWIW I get exactly the same, let stupid factors effect my game. I think Karl said earlier that away from the table he is a pretty fun guy but at the table he's all business (or implying something to that effect anyway). I think to be successful you do need to do this. Sometimes I get caught too much up with the banter etc and it effects how I play.

In 2010 I hope to take a more professional approach

Less Whining, whinging, banter and ultimately- girly giggles.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2009, 12:33:37 PM »

Mantis 2/9
Papertits 7/2

This.

FWIW I get exactly the same, let stupid factors effect my game. I think Karl said earlier that away from the table he is a pretty fun guy but at the table he's all business (or implying something to that effect anyway). I think to be successful you do need to do this. Sometimes I get caught too much up with the banter etc and it effects how I play.

In 2010 I hope to take a more professional approach

Less Whining, whinging, banter and ultimately- girly giggles.

Praise the lord
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »

Sigh, now I'm tilted. In fact, I'm tilted any time Mantis goes near a thread and posts his usual tosh. Not nearly as bad here as on PHA though.

Mantis has never met me and doesn't know what I'm like so has no clue that me finding someone annoying/frustrating/tilting etc would affect my game or not. I'm a lot more aware these days of when my game begins to be affected and I quickly correct it.

Apparently Mantis knows me better than I know myself though. Despite feeling any of the emotions described, I didn't play any hands differently to how I would have if I was happy as Larry and Cheryl Tweedy was under the table.

One final thing Mantis, if we ever share a table, rest assured you WILL be able to tilt me and take me off my game. However, if you play like you post on PHA I doubt you'll be able to capitalise on it in any way.

Merry xmas.

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2009, 01:04:23 PM »

Yup - I ate for 12 hours solid yday. Heaven!

I'll try do the next part today!

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »

[Less girly giggles.

NORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: