blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:08:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Trip Report...(Long)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Trip Report...(Long)  (Read 36152 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »

Cos you would know by reading blonde that Will Martin is terrible!!

Yeah but apart from Middy you say everyone is terrible!

I wanted to be a little more tactful, especially since Will seemed a really nice guy.

Dunno didn't think much of him as a person either, but he is proper terrible, middy is bad but not the same level.

Were there any good players playing in the Monte Carlo IYO?

Yeah, i didn't play any of them but they were about

So you got busted by the fish then? Wink
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2009, 08:34:54 PM »

I wanted to be a little more tactful, especially since Will seemed a really nice guy.

Dunno didn't think much of him as a person either, but he is proper terrible, middy is bad but not the same level.

Tikay would probably say he was a world beater as he won stuff 10 years ago, Surinder Sunar, limp called 5x playing 40x with A7, flopped a flush draw, check jammed and got there, nh sir.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 25, 2009, 01:13:56 AM »

Tikay would probably say he was a world beater as he won stuff 10 years ago, Surinder Sunar, limp called 5x playing 40x with A7, flopped a flush draw, check jammed and got there, nh sir.

Fair summary of the standard but most were happy to open for more and jam with less.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »

I got some time before going to family in a few hours today so I'll be writing part 4 shortly.

[  ] Love being woken up at 10am to open presents.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2009, 01:00:40 PM »

Part 4

I'll rewind a little bit and begin with last night where I got confused and actually spent longer in the bar than I thought. All the shrewdies etc were there and after the day's play I went for a drink with everyone. Stu tells me at about 2 he wants to leave in a min which suits me fine as I'm playing day 2 the next day and keen to get a good nights sleep.

Voice: Another drink Stu?
Clown: Guinness please.

Me: Sighhhhh.

Voice: And you Cos?
Me: Yeah pls mate, nice one. (Double sigh)

So we end up in the bar for another hour or so and bit by bit everyone slowly goes home until it's just me, Sunny, Stu and Tommy Mfckin Ceee. We're chatting away but I'm not really drinking. I think I had one and a little bit. After winning the £40 NLH Guy (Outrageous76) comes to join us for a quick drink and before we know it it's 4am. Guy leaves and the 4 of us decide we gotta pay homage to Larry.

Agreeing on £20 each (me, Sunny, Stu and TommyC) give Larry a spin and do our £80. All we want to do it play until we get a bonus which [  ] happens. The next £80 that went in seems to last forever, to the point where Stu is fistpuming every losing spin just so we can go home. At 5am its gg and I go back to Stu's for some sleep.

Play restarts at 2 and I'm already up by 12. Used to 4/5 hours sleep at night, 7 is a bit of a luxury so even though I got back at 5, I felt fine and ready to go.

However, starts of day 2's have always been bad for me and this one was no different, except this time it's no-one's fault but my own. Within a few hands of sitting down a young lad opens the button and I have one option here with stacks as they are and my hand, KQss. Call. However I decided to 3-bet and had to call the shove. Sick thing is I decided beforehand that the young lad would raise on the button if the pot was unopened before him and when I 3-bet I decided it wasn't as a bluff, but to induce and I snapped his all in so fast and turned over KQ that the guy's face dropped until he saw my hand and turned over his AQ. This put me down below average for the first time in the tourney but with 50k and average at 68 I wasn't worried.

I open a few pots and get 3-bet in two of them but maintain my stack and am on about 55k when the following hand happens. Guy opens in late MP and I have  in the SB. I 3-bet the same amount I did when I had KQ and he shoved. This time I snap and wait to collect my 115k pot vs  .

I look a lock to do it too.

Two Diamonds

three clubs

gsghsghsdlggshgdgsdg. This was the same guy who got it all in the day before with QQ vs Jerome's KK and binked on the flop. I was sure there was only one Blatchley playing in this event too.

All this has happened within the first few rounds of being back at day 2 and now my table is very very annoying. Everyone is open shoving with like 40bb stacks, following the example of the 1 guy from the day before. It's pretty tilting and me and Gem Husnu are sat next to one another frustratingly not able to open any pots as they've been shoved before us. I open A3 in the cutoff and Steve Jelinek's mrs shoves in the BB. Pass, again.

I wait two orbits with not 1 single pot I can open. The only person not shoving, is the shover from day before. He explains that he needs a new tactic as everyone else is following his example. dghslkjdghsdgs. Two guys have come over from Latvia and are both on the table. When they are talking in their native language to one another inbetween and during hands I discreetly give the dealer a signal to tell them no more.

I finally reshove 69ss from the SB to a button raise, leaving just 1x 100 chip on my cards. When the dealer says I'm all in I confidently correct him that I still have money behind to bet the flop. Villain looks and sees I have just the one chip behind and waits for about 30 seconds before moving in. He has Aces. I hit a 9 on the flop and and waiting for a justice 6 or 9 for his slowroll so that I can fistpump and accidentally catch his nose with a knuckle or two but alas, despite picking up a flush draw on the turn I brick. I'm out of there as quick as possible before I get angry at him.

Left scratching my head and with a massage girl following me I decide to reg for £300. I've got that stubborn feeling now that I need to do well in it.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2009, 01:22:22 PM »

excellent pennage Cos

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »

This is a great read cos. I can't believe how many people sloow roll or nit roll at dtd. there were ay least 7 times on the friday in the 40 with 2 when someone said I think I have to call and then slow roll the nuts or quasi nuts! Its starting to annoy me a bit to the point where they need to do something about it.

Keep up the good work on this thread Shocked)

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2009, 02:11:06 PM »

To be fair if he announced all in straight away you'd know you 96 is no good. Bit of hollywood to make sure you call hurt no one.

In fact I'd have flat called and bet the 100 on the river assuming you checked it down

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

Sigh

I tried to go home at 11-30 ish

LeKnave offered me a drink and I said 'I think im alright mate, gonna get going' to which he replied 'Your Stuart Hopkin, you dont turn down drinks' to which i replied 'Guinness please'

This carried on all night with the only variation being if i said no twice then it was 'Your Stuart M'fckin Hopkin'

Sunny was the best!

5 hours later i felt like a cheap skate cus i hadnt bought a drink and I could hardly see.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »

".....When they are talking in their native language to one another inbetween and during hands I discreetly give the dealer a signal to tell them no more....".

Since when did GreekBoys do anything discretely?

I assume "discrete" means "Oi Scandie Kiddo, stfu or I'l slap you".
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:23:37 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2009, 10:39:51 PM »

excellent pennage Cos

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »

7 pages & about a week to get the ME out of the way, now there's the Chirpathon about the £300 to follow.

Over-under on when Cos will finish this, & how many Pages it will run to?

I go long on Easter, & 83 pages.

Good pennage though. We need more of this sort of stuff. *

* That's called BT ground-bait.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2009, 11:10:31 PM »

"All this has happened within the first few rounds of being back at day 2 and now my table is very very annoying. Everyone is open shoving with like 40bb stacks, following the example of the 1 guy from the day before. It's pretty tilting and me and Gem Husnu are sat next to one another frustratingly not able to open any pots as they've been shoved before us."

Yeah, check it out Cos. You seem to get pretty damn annoyed at the poker table. In this event you had words with Con, you wanted to chin your oppo when you had that 6-9, you're vexed about the Latvians, you had all that bad feeling vs Bradshaw wanting to prove a point etc, as well as lots of general annoyance and frustration with almost every random player you come up against. This doesn't help you play good poker and I'm sure you know that. So why play with such a tilt prone emotional mentality?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Biddy 62

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2009, 11:20:34 PM »

Yeah chillax.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2009, 11:33:44 PM »

7 pages & about a week to get the ME out of the way, now there's the Chirpathon about the £300 to follow.

Over-under on when Cos will finish this, & how many Pages it will run to?

I go long on Easter, & 83 pages.

Good pennage though. We need more of this sort of stuff. *

* That's called BT ground-bait.

Lips Sealed

HI HELEN!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: