blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  Jake Cody "In the Well"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jake Cody "In the Well"  (Read 116385 times)
MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

The value of the insured vehicle has very little bearing on the premium for a low-medium value car for young drivers.  The primary consideration of the insurer is how much damage can you do with it!  You can do just as much damage with a £400 car, as you can with a £5k car, therefore there will be very little differentiation in the premiums.  The highest risk when the value of the insured vehicle is of low-medium value is the value of other vehicles you might hit and personal injury and death of those other drivers.  I'm afraid the statistics show that young drivers (usually male, but not exclusively so) are significantly more likely to cause an accident and therefore be classed as "at fault" in terms of insurance pay outs.  The exposure of the insurance companies is effectively limitless (especially if death or serious injury is caused) therefore the premiums reflect this. 

When insurance companies look at a premium calculation for a young male for a high value vehicle, there are a couple of other factors taken into account, namely the value of your vehicle plus your ability to drive the high value vehicle (they are usually high performance vehicles).  At 21 you have little experience (unless you're Lewis Hamilton perhaps) and they have to factor in the risk that you will make an error whilst driving it (usually relating to speed) that will cause an accident.  Their exposure isn't necessarily higher (except for the higher value of the insured vehicle) but the propensity (chance) of you causing an accident increases (this is a fact - there are very complex statistics compiled by the insurance companies which prove this).

Michelle

pez102

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2010, 09:26:52 AM »

Like dan said, it would be around £3.5k/£4.5k. As he's driven for 4 years now......  pressuming he no points!! u can probs add about £1k on that though for every 3 points you have... maybe more the more points you have.
neverbluff67

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2010, 08:56:47 PM »

pics of car plz.

ill try n take one soon
neverbluff67

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2010, 08:58:53 PM »

pics of car plz.

also what does it feel like just going into a showroom and buying what ever you like?

How did they treat you in the showroom?

also what does it feel like just going into a showroom and buying what ever you like?

pretty amazing lol

How did they treat you in the showroom?

turned up with Matt both wearing hoodies im sure they thought we were gonna waste their time and that we just wanted to test drive for fun, but as soon as they saw Matts car outside they took us seriously
neverbluff67

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »

At 21 years of age how much is an R8 to insure??

Nice car BTW

not as bad as i thought i initially got quoted 10k but then she spoke to a manager and i got it for 5.3k, obv really high but i have 9 points so thought it coulda been a lot worse, my old car was 3.6k to insure so its not a huge jump
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2010, 09:09:45 PM »

Nice car BTW

not as bad as i thought i initially got quoted 10k but then she spoke to a manager and i got it for 5.3k, obv really high but i have 9 points so thought it coulda been a lot worse, my old car was 3.6k to insure so its not a huge jump

What did u put down as ur occupation?

Ive always put down (homeworker-gambling) and its been allright.
neverbluff67

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2010, 09:12:49 PM »

Nice car BTW

What did u put down as ur occupation?

Ive always put down (homeworker-gambling) and its been allright.

i did it over the phone and she said i had down poker player as occupation even though i thought i put unemployed last time, so stuck with that
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »

Any plans for a private number plate? If so what would you get?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »

Do you follow Rochdale FC???  A few months ago i backed them at 7/2 to win the league how do you think my bet will do??
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2010, 10:10:15 PM »

Do you follow Rochdale FC???  A few months ago i backed them at 7/2 to win the league how do you think my bet will do??

No he supports Man U and Your bet looks good Rhodesy!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2010, 10:13:32 PM »

I'm sure it says "JAKE CODY in the well"  and not GIRGY in the well

i will make sure the mods start a  "Girgy in the well"   when you win your 1st DTD £300 or £150
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2010, 10:17:06 PM »

I'm sure it says "JAKE CODY in the well"  and not GIRGY in the well

i will make sure the mods start a  "Girgy in the well"   when you win your 1st DTD £300 or £150

a) ive already asked who he supports
b) you would know this if you had been bothered to read the thread

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2010, 10:21:43 PM »

Talking about reading things maybe you should read my post again.........it says Do you FOLLOW not Do you support
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2010, 10:36:37 PM »

Anyone buying a personalised plate needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror...

Jake, is it true it's possible to spend almost as much on add ons with an R8 as the car costs itself? They charge you for picking it up or something?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2010, 10:40:03 PM »

Anyone buying a personalised plate needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror...

Pretty much this, especially on a really nice car.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: