blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 12:09:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272983 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 702904 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: May 04, 2014, 02:29:44 PM »

Anyone watching 'The Trip to Italy' on BBC 2? It's season 2 of the Trip. It is literally just Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan travrelling around Italy visiting restaurants and winding each other up.

I find it an absolute delight. The interactions between Brydon and Coogan playing exaggerated versions of themselves are incredibly well acted and seem so natural.

I genuinely wonder how much of it is scripted and how much is just them trying to antagonise each other for our amusement.

Started watching this today as loved The Trip and didn't know they'd made a second season.

Laughing uncontrollably at the Michael Caine/Batman bit.

Haha, more to come. Their 'impressions off' bits are amazing.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: May 06, 2014, 02:31:24 PM »

Anyone watching 'The Trip to Italy' on BBC 2? It's season 2 of the Trip. It is literally just Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan travrelling around Italy visiting restaurants and winding each other up.

I find it an absolute delight. The interactions between Brydon and Coogan playing exaggerated versions of themselves are incredibly well acted and seem so natural.

I genuinely wonder how much of it is scripted and how much is just them trying to antagonise each other for our amusement.

Started watching this today as loved The Trip and didn't know they'd made a second season.

Didn't know of this prog until reading itt.

The whole Batman bit was hilarious, haven't laughed so hard in ages, quality.

Cheers Hutch.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: May 06, 2014, 08:41:41 PM »

Just watched the new 24. Jack is back baby. So cheese but abs love it.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: May 06, 2014, 08:43:16 PM »

Need to have seen original series? I have but mate hasn't and want to watch together.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: May 06, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »

Need to have seen original series? I have but mate hasn't and want to watch together.

It would help to know how much of a bad ass he is. Smiley There is stuff from previous seasons but I think you could probably get away with never having seen an episode before tbh.

and omfg, just realised there is another episode out for download. Double Jack baby.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: May 07, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »

I'm on season 1 of 24
started really well, but seemed to get a bit silly as it went on.
I mean amnesia?? Really??

Feels like a 13 show season dragged out to 24 episodes to fit the format.
Does that improve as the series go on?

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3036 on: May 07, 2014, 10:37:33 AM »

If you think 24 is a bit silly in season 1 then it's not going to get less silly any time soon.

I am really glad that the new series started with a double bill because most of the first episode was among the worst television I've ever seen - absolute 'by the book' 24 with a load of characters we'd not seen before who were all textbook stereotypes.

Second episode picked up and it's back to season 7/8 levels of silliness.

Was a little bit off-putting watching it all take place in London - 'That's not East London - that's clearly Shepherds Bush Market', 'How did they get to West Ealing in 20 minutes from there?'
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: May 07, 2014, 10:57:27 AM »

Yeah, as Andrew said, it's still pure cheese but that's a big part of the attraction imo.

DAMMIT.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: May 07, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »

I'm on season 1 of 24
started really well, but seemed to get a bit silly as it went on.
I mean amnesia?? Really??

Feels like a 13 show season dragged out to 24 episodes to fit the format.
Does that improve as the series go on?

Watched it all, enjoyed it for the most part but was often very silly and very circular.

Think if I watched it now, after all the very good things I've seen since, I might not stick it out

sola virtus nobilitat
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: May 07, 2014, 07:11:17 PM »

Saw ep 1 of 24, gotta love Jack!  Wish I'd watched (or had a better memory) a couple of the last series, perhaps an hour special catch up of what went on, I'm sure some of it would be relevant.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3040 on: May 07, 2014, 07:52:32 PM »

Saw ep 1 of 24, gotta love Jack!  Wish I'd watched (or had a better memory) a couple of the last series, perhaps an hour special catch up of what went on, I'm sure some of it would be relevant.

We'll probably be ok, 24 only usually tends to have one big surprise cast member reveal a season, they are quite good at being 'standalone' in that regard.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: May 07, 2014, 08:05:59 PM »

We'll probably be ok, 24 only usually tends to have one big surprise cast member reveal a season, they are quite good at being 'standalone' in that regard.

I think you're right, but I can't help but feel that things the Presidents daughter being in a coma state for three years or whatever he said or maybe the Chloe situation is/was something that happened?  I can't even remember the family they say Jack killed, I just wish I remember.  I have a bad memory for things like this, not need to know but good to know.  I'll get up to date and try and find out a tl;dr version of the last series somewhere on the net.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: May 08, 2014, 12:49:23 PM »

Easy life Bauer. Only works one day every 4 years.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: May 08, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »

Saw a couple of recap videos on You Tube.  Not sure if they helped or not - I think I remember even less watching them!

First part is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2tizmfz44 if anyone is interested.  Will continue for something written down I guess

I love 24.  Good to have Jack back.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3044 on: May 08, 2014, 08:19:18 PM »

Didn't know of this prog until reading itt.

The whole Batman bit was hilarious, haven't laughed so hard in ages, quality.

Cheers Hutch.

Also got into this based on this thread, really enjoyable easy watch. It is basically how I hope they would be around each other away from the cameras.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: