blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 689486 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: November 22, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »

Any one seen The Man in the High Castle on amazon? Saw a trailer and thought it looked OK.   A look at what life would be like in North America if the Germans had won the war

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: November 22, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »

Any one seen The Man in the High Castle on amazon? Saw a trailer and thought it looked OK.   A look at what life would be like in North America if the Germans had won the war

Watched ep 1 yesterday and ep 1 Jessica Jones today and I'm going with Netflix for my next binge.

It seems like it might be some kind of clever parallel universe or fictional world kind of thing but I think I'd prefer to read the book rather than watch it if that makes any sense. Not sure it's gonna be worth ten hours or whatever to get to the payoff if there is one. But if it starts getting amazing reviews then I may come back to it.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: November 23, 2015, 09:59:06 AM »

Cheers, may give it a go.  Does sound like the book may be a lot better but will see.  Decent enough score on IMDB, 8.4, but in this day and age there's really no excuse for making poor television.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: November 23, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »

any workarounds to watch amazon prime without, er, amazon prime? stream it somewhere i suppose?

i have netflix and really don't want to subscribe to another service. man in the high castle looks an interesting premise though

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: November 23, 2015, 02:08:28 PM »

any workarounds to watch amazon prime without, er, amazon prime? stream it somewhere i suppose?

i have netflix and really don't want to subscribe to another service. man in the high castle looks an interesting premise though

I was thinking the same as you Tighty but when I sat and thought about how much I use Amazon to buy stuff subscribing became a no brainer.

PS Loved the first episode of Jessica Jones

Ah! The element of surprise
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: November 23, 2015, 02:10:59 PM »

I was thinking the same as you Tighty but when I sat and thought about how much I use Amazon to buy stuff subscribing became a no brainer.

buying Amazon prime gets you discounts on Amazon?

i will go and look i suppose. try to resist giving in to getting it. does prime have a lot on compared to netflix?

My eyes are open wide
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: November 23, 2015, 02:20:34 PM »

buying Amazon prime gets you discounts on Amazon?

i will go and look i suppose. try to resist giving in to getting it. does prime have a lot on compared to netflix?

You get free 1 day delivery on prime listed goods. It has save me a fortune so far.

Ah! The element of surprise
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3772 on: November 23, 2015, 02:43:57 PM »

Yeah if you use Amazon much or are the type of person who frequently needs a last minute present for something it's worth the money just for this alone.

I marginally prefer Amazon Prime to Netflix too, and it's got a very good selection of TV or films you can buy too. Plus it has Mr Robot, which is amazing.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: November 23, 2015, 02:45:04 PM »

http://putlocker.is/watch-the-man-in-the-high-castle-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: November 23, 2015, 03:50:56 PM »

You've picked unfortunate timing to subscribe to Amazon Prime, it's just been on offer for £59 - ended last Friday.

With Prime you also get the Kindle lending library included (if you have a Kindle).  Does seem pretty good value but I can wait 3 or 4 days for free delivery and would rather have the £79 in my pocket.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:52:28 PM by Graham C » Logged

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: November 23, 2015, 04:48:03 PM »

You get a month for free to try it out, I accidentally signed up for it, they are getting really sneaky on that checkout page, insta cancelled and am now thinking of keeping it going.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: November 23, 2015, 05:41:50 PM »

Speaking of Amazon Prime and Netflix, I recently got an Amazon Firestick so I could watch these on my TV.  Really happy with it.  Installation is very simple and the iPhone app to select what you want to watch works a treat.  Highly recommend.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: November 23, 2015, 05:43:52 PM »

Should install Kodi

Just sayin......

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: November 24, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »

London Spy BBC2 Monday 9pm is the best thing i have seen on tv for ages

on iplayer 3 episodes of 5 into it

Ben whishaw is magnificent

genuinely good stuff, seedy and harrowing

not a clue what is going on beyond some theories that will probably be way off ther mark

My eyes are open wide
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: November 24, 2015, 03:35:53 PM »

Will catch that if I think on, trailer looked good.  Also recording one tonight at 9pm on BBC1, something about all the residents of a street in London all receiving a note saying "We want what you have" or something like that.   Intrigued me.

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 256 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: