blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 691565 times)
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: December 02, 2015, 06:17:53 PM »

The Leftovers - is it going somewhere?  I'm two episodes in and am enjoying it but I can't be getting involved only for nothing to happen for four seasons. I need to know what's going on in the next couple of episodes

It's the best show on TV right now. If you are looking for big answers about whether it was god or aliens, you'll be disappointed. It's a show about how people deal with a supernatural event, not the event itself.

Season 2 might be the best single series of a show I've ever seen.

Really? I'm getting a bit bored with it all. Each episode seems to last an eternity. It's well written/acted etc but I'm just left craving some storyline progression.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3796 on: December 02, 2015, 06:53:20 PM »

The Leftovers - is it going somewhere?  I'm two episodes in and am enjoying it but I can't be getting involved only for nothing to happen for four seasons. I need to know what's going on in the next couple of episodes

It's the best show on TV right now. If you are looking for big answers about whether it was god or aliens, you'll be disappointed. It's a show about how people deal with a supernatural event, not the event itself.

Sold!

Will catch up with this, once I''ve caught up with the last few episodes of Blacklist.

Im halfway through season 1 of Blacklist. Does it get good or just plod along?
Walken is pretty good.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: December 02, 2015, 08:22:19 PM »

Really? I'm getting a bit bored with it all. Each episode seems to last an eternity. It's well written/acted etc but I'm just left craving some storyline progression.

This is my concern. I don't mind it not letting me know if it's aliens or not but I don't want to watch it if it's just going to be like Lost where were wondering what's going on in six seasons time.  I expect to know at least what the GR are all about, or who the guy that the main cop is killing dogs with, or what Adam (is it Adam?  The guy that likes hugs and hot Asian chicks) is up too.   

I just need to know it's going somewhere and if it had a point it would be good.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: December 02, 2015, 08:42:02 PM »

Sold!

Will catch up with this, once I''ve caught up with the last few episodes of Blacklist.

Walken is pretty good.

Season 2 deffo gets better, but agree than each episode does seem very slow. Hate new theme tune too.

Blacklist gets good, I personally find it's one of those shows where you miss a lot if your browsing online at the same time. It's on Season 3 now and i'm enjoying it more now than I did in season one.

By Walken do you mean Jame Spader?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: December 02, 2015, 09:01:51 PM »

Walken is pretty good.

Blacklist gets good, I personally find it's one of those shows where you miss a lot if your browsing online at the same time. It's on Season 3 now and i'm enjoying it more now than I did in season one.

Agree with this.

I've just had to click back about 6 times during episode 7, because I was messing about on the other screen Cheesy

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3800 on: December 02, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »

Sold!

Walken is pretty good.

Season 2 deffo gets better, but agree than each episode does seem very slow. Hate new theme tune too.

Ooops , yeah Spader.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3801 on: December 05, 2015, 01:26:14 PM »

ok so I adore the Wire and never knew this.

RIP Deacon

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/arts/television/melvin-williams-an-inspiration-for-the-wire-dies-at-73.html
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3802 on: December 05, 2015, 01:40:06 PM »

About five or six of the smaller wire characters were played by the real life inspiration for a major character.

The older guy here was one of the real life inspirations for Omar

Click to see full-size image.

Snoop was based on the actress who played Snoop

One of the journos in season 5 was a real life journo who influenced one of the other journos

And one of the older white cops (I think the one who had the funeral in the bar but may be wrong) was a real homicide cop in Baltimore.

Man I'm such a nerd for that show. Has to be the most underrated show in history.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3803 on: December 05, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »

About five or six of the smaller wire characters were played by the real life inspiration for a major character.

One of the journos in season 5 was a real life journo who influenced one of the other journos

And one of the older white cops (I think the one who had the funeral in the bar but may be wrong) was a real homicide cop in Baltimore.

Man I'm such a nerd for that show. Has to be the most underrated show in history.

love this line. The show is so great.

I knew it was based on a lot of real stuff etc but didn't have ANY clue the extent to which it overlapped.

So brilliant that he played Deacon, and gives the authoritative and contemplative speeches about the drugs trade. Brilliantly ironic and tongue in cheek.

In b4 I have to rewatch it again Cheesy
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: December 05, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »

It can't really be underrated, can it? Makes every list ever.

I preferred The Shield personally as the Wire was a bit mumbly and exclusive for my taste, excellent as it nevertheless was.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3805 on: December 05, 2015, 03:32:41 PM »

love this line. The show is so great.

I knew it was based on a lot of real stuff etc but didn't have ANY clue the extent to which it overlapped.

So brilliant that he played Deacon, and gives the authoritative and contemplative speeches about the drugs trade. Brilliantly ironic and tongue in cheek.

In b4 I have to rewatch it again Cheesy

Have you read any of the books about the Wire or watched the documentaries? Cant off the top of my head remember which ones I watched, but some of the stories about how deep David Simon got into life on the streets of Baltimore are fascinating.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3806 on: December 05, 2015, 03:34:25 PM »

It can't really be underrated, can it? Makes every list ever.

I preferred The Shield personally as the Wire was a bit mumbly and exclusive for my taste, excellent as it nevertheless was.

Probably should have added the caveat that it never got the credit at the time, only way after when it became a cult hit. Never won an Emmy, for example.

Plus it's still not widely seen, it's just the hardcore nerds like us scream so loud about it.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3807 on: December 05, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »

I watched and read the Corner but nothing else. I have just watched the Wire multiple times, clearly not done enough wiki searching about the actors!!!

must try harder!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: December 05, 2015, 06:05:16 PM »

Can't have The Shield as anywhere close to The Wire...

I enjoyed the first few seasons, but thought it was almost as far fetched as Lost, by the later seasons.

Some good performances, and superb characters, all the same.

Guess that's what makes TV so great Smiley

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: December 05, 2015, 07:19:39 PM »

Season 2 of Fargo has been really good and much better than the first.
I thought the first season started out well but never really got going.
The second started out just as well but has gone nuts (in a good way) and really exciting stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 258 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: