blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:35:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272625 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 692855 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: June 30, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »

yes, Heard about breaking bad.. watched the first episode, really liked it, when I went on to the second - my thought was it was very slow paced... may be I am wrong, probably it  might be picking up just then judging by the level of appreciation. will pick it up again where I left:))

This should be fun

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 30, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »

Agree that Breaking Bad + GOT are best two programmes ever.  I thought that nothing would surpass Breaking Bad but I think GOT is really close.  There's some WTF moments in GOT that I've watched and haven't forgotten about.  For that reason I think it might just edge it.

But yeh, defo stick with Breaking Bad Vindoh, after the first season you'll be like:

Click to see full-size image.
Vinodh

View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: June 30, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »

Agree that Breaking Bad + GOT are best two programmes ever.  I thought that nothing would surpass Breaking Bad but I think GOT is really close.  There's some WTF moments in GOT that I've watched and haven't forgotten about.  For that reason I think it might just edge it.

But yeh, defo stick with Breaking Bad Vindoh, after the first season you'll be like:

Click to see full-size image.

FFS... the scene where White goes to Tuco's den and expode that Mercury shit Smiley Wow.. Just Wow! Lets finish the series and talk!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 30, 2014, 04:46:28 PM »

Recency bias ITT.

If you want something leftfield, I enjoyed Bodies, which was on BBC Four in its infancy.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 30, 2014, 04:59:40 PM »

I don't know if it's been mentioned ITT before I recently watched Archer. Took me a while to get into it but absolutely love it now.  The humour in it is quite odd and I think it's one of those love or hate type deals (like Napoleon Dynamite), but would recommend giving it a try.

Recency bias ITT.

Absolutely not, the episode I will never forget is the Red Wedding, and I watched Breaking Bad pretty much from start to finish after it had ended.  Don't get me wrong, there's some moments in BB (one coming up for Vindoh soon that I remember clearly), but for me not as shocking or unexpected as some of the GOT twists.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:04:17 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3095 on: June 30, 2014, 05:07:07 PM »

Stumbled across Person of Interest. Very watchable kinda like a modern day Equaliser crossed with Knightrider.

it's great fun and interestingly based on a real world concept so whilst 'omg unrealism etc is often said' it's actually a very interesting moral/ethical topic.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 30, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »

I don't know if it's been mentioned ITT before I recently watched Archer. Took me a while to get into it but absolutely love it now.  The humour in it is quite odd and I think it's one of those love or hate type deals (like Napoleon Dynamite), but would recommend giving it a try.

Recency bias ITT.

Absolutely not, the episode I will never forget is the Red Wedding, and I watched Breaking Bad pretty much from start to finish after it had ended.  Don't get me wrong, there's some moments in BB (one coming up for Vindoh soon that I remember clearly), but for me not as shocking or unexpected as some of the GOT twists.

Archer is absolutely awesome. Comedy wise, get involved with The League and It's only Sunny in Philadelphia. So, so funny.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: June 30, 2014, 05:58:16 PM »

BBC4 tonight 10pm Edge of Darkness. 80's TV mini-series, meant to be fantastic

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: June 30, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »

A show I've never been into, but watched a few episodes in my hotel room in Vegas earlier this month and loved: 30 Rock. I like the sharp humour and combined sillyness. Alec Baldwin plays such a canny role. Think I might invest in a box set.

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 30, 2014, 08:54:45 PM »

Guys, can you please suggest some tv series for me to watch? I have finished House of Cards ( both series 1 and 2),24, Prison Break (watched the 1 series, very good, into series 2 episode 4 feel like its a bit dragging)
I am more into thrillers/politics. Please rate your best ever tv shows in the past decade( apart from the above mentioned obviosuly)

Sopranos
Breaking Bad
Suits
Enjoying Person of Interest at the moment
Haven't seen GoT yet

Ah! The element of surprise
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: June 30, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »

A show I've never been into, but watched a few episodes in my hotel room in Vegas earlier this month and loved: 30 Rock. I like the sharp humour and combined sillyness. Alec Baldwin plays such a canny role. Think I might invest in a box set.

Enjoyed it for a while, but gave up before the end of the last season...

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: July 01, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »

The shield now on netflix uk, all 7 seasons Smiley
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: July 01, 2014, 12:36:42 PM »

The shield now on netflix uk, all 7 seasons Smiley

Just watched the into to the Pilot episode and that looks like today wrapped up nicely ty  Grin
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: July 01, 2014, 12:39:15 PM »

Have you ever seen Our Friends in the North?   It is getting quite old now but is top, top class imo.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: July 01, 2014, 02:38:03 PM »

Have you ever seen Our Friends in the North?   It is getting quite old now but is top, top class imo.
Seconded - brilliant British drama.

18 years old, sheesh.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: