blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:38:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 ... 320 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***THE OFFICIAL TV SHOW THREAD***  (Read 689633 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3270 on: October 21, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »

Finding the Wire a real grind, I watched a few episodes over Wcoop whilst I was playing a few tables and just couldn't get really into it, I'd watch 2 episodes then fade off and watch something else. Is it something I need absolutely 100% attention for or is Season 2 just a bit slow?

It does reward attention.  Think of it like a great novel which you probably wouldn't read whilst grinding.  That said it is slow in periods but over the 5 series arc it is very rewarding.

It sounds really silly and dont worry this is not a spoiler, but its worth watching it for 5 seasons just to watch someone walk up some stairs (gives me a lump in my throat just thinkng of it).

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: October 22, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »

There was a character transformation about 2/3rds of the way-in which I am still struggling to accept, but otherwise I have loved Gomorrah.  Did about five episodes in three days which is the measure for me.

Il Capo dei Capi is better I think.  Highly recommended.

Watched Il Capo dei Capi this week off the back of this.  Not sure I agree it is as good as Gomorrah but pretty good nevertheless

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: October 22, 2014, 09:22:37 PM »

Wishing away the week, so I can crack on with SoA!

Same wish next week......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:21 PM »

Wishing away the week, so I can crack on with SoA!

Same wish next week......

Roll on Grin

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: October 22, 2014, 11:25:49 PM »

Another cracking episode of SoA.   Couple of notes from this season.  It wasn't long ago Bobby went Nomad because of all the killing and out of control stuff with the IRA but he seems pretty cool with the random murders that seem to be happening this season, I wonder why?  Also, where the bloody hell did they get these bikes from, they're God damn awful.  SoA's Harleys must be the worst design ever and that hideous orange contraption that one of the Los Bastardos (or whatever they are) is just one of the worst bikes I've ever seen.  I thought it was me at first but I've just flicked back to a season 2 episode and the Dynas in that we're pretty sweet.    These must be the one's no one else wants.  Just awful.

Oh and I don't really understand the hate for Juice from the lads. I know he did sort of betray them but it's not really that bad a betrayal is it?   I would have thought Chibs would have been more understanding too, given that a) he know's about Juice's mental health from before and b) didn't he give him the drugs in the first place?  Personally I think it's a bit OTT, hope he finds his way back on side, I like Juice.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:29:05 PM by Graham C » Logged

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: October 22, 2014, 11:34:06 PM »

Ah it was Bobby that gave Juice the drugs.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: October 23, 2014, 12:15:12 AM »

Think it's an accumulation of things with Juice, and grassing when off his nut, was the final straw.

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: October 23, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »

Just watched the first episode of the new series of American Horror story. Initially thought Jessica Lange's German accent was a bit sketchy, until Kathy Bates opened her mouth, then I forgot all about Jessica Lange, or anything else. I could barely concentrate.

What the hell was that??
seems to flip back and forth mid-sentence between a southern Louisiana drawl and a Mary Popping cock-er-nee. It was absolutely terrible.

Series looks like it could be a good one other than that. Just hope I can concentrate on it with that going on.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: October 23, 2014, 08:21:52 AM »

Apparently it's a Baltimore accent, but badly done / over done
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: October 23, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »

Take it Sons is worth watching?  I bought the Mrs the box set of series one I think.  Either that or something else that was recced! 

I'm in the middle of moving house so sort of all over the place with my TV schedule.  Once I am in and visited Vegas in two weeks I'll be getting back into a decent routine
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: October 23, 2014, 04:49:47 PM »

Doesn't affect me because I'm up to date but what's with the SOA spoilers??

Kmac - Yes it's worth watching but don't expect to be blown away. It's good but some episodes particularly season 2 are just awful and almost put me off for life.

It's all got a bit crazy now and the story doesn't matter anywhere near as much as the mindless violence for me.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: October 23, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »

I would have thought Chibs would have been more understanding too, given that a) he know's about Juice's mental health from before and b) didn't he give him the drugs in the first place?  Personally I think it's a bit OTT, hope he finds his way back on side, I like Juice.

Imagine yourself at the SAMCRO table for a moment....... One of your fellow Sons has just announced that he has mental issues and is a little unstable....

Do you:

a) Offer him a shoulder to cry on when he needs it and possibly go along to a few support groups with him.

b) Introduce him to Mr Mayhem.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: October 23, 2014, 06:07:34 PM »

I know but they're happy to spread the brotherly love around most of the time.  How many times an episode does someone say "I love you brother" or "you're my family".  Chibs saved him when he tried to hang himself, that would have been a better time to disown him if they were going too.  Just thought Juice deserved more.

It's great to watch Kmac, as Mr Pie says, it's not setting the world on fire and the story is pretty lol at times.  Also the acting is pretty terrible but it's certainly a good crack to watch.  There's lots going on and you don't need to think about it, it just happens and it's pretty violent at times.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: October 23, 2014, 06:12:18 PM »

These made me lol

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: October 24, 2014, 12:20:30 PM »

It's great to watch Kmac, as Mr Pie says, it's not setting the world on fire and the story is pretty lol at times.  Also the acting is pretty terrible but it's certainly a good crack to watch.  There's lots going on and you don't need to think about it, it just happens and it's pretty violent at times.

I know you can't expect great things from young actors but whoever decided to give that kid a speaking role wants shooting!!

Pages: 1 ... 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 ... 320 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: