blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:40:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177597 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 20, 2010, 10:21:01 PM »

Try a rubber glove, or a hacksaw blade.

Note - Use hacksaw blade with side to side motion like a comb, not, repeat not backwards and forwards lengthwise.

Meant to ask you about this...WTF?!  lol  I'm sure it makes sense, but can you please explain how?  I've visions of a very messy scene when combining dog and hacksaw blade. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #466 on: July 20, 2010, 10:27:55 PM »

Note - Use hacksaw blade with side to side motion like a comb, not, repeat not backwards and forwards lengthwise.

Meant to ask you about this...WTF?!  lol  I'm sure it makes sense, but can you please explain how?  I've visions of a very messy scene when combining dog and hacksaw blade. 

I'm not kidding just try using a hacksaw blade like a comb.

(Actually half a blade is easier to use just snap one in two)

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 20, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »

I'm not kidding just try using a hacksaw blade like a comb.

(Actually half a blade is easier to use just snap one in two)

Click to see full-size image.

But the rubber glove removes far more hair.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: July 20, 2010, 10:41:22 PM »

It only works on short coats btw....

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 20, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »

Blimey.  Murphy's Law says I'd make a mess of it using a hacksaw blade.  I'll stick to rubber things.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 20, 2010, 11:17:35 PM »

You can always just use your hand Dawn.

Run your fingers through their coats and pull out any loose hair.

That's a very good way to bond with the dog as well.

Zoom groom's nuch easier and quicker though. There's a knack to using the zoom groom btw. Basically don't be gentle with it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 20, 2010, 11:29:43 PM »

OMG!  Nearly had heart failure just now!  Went up to feed some of those noisy crickets to the lizard.  When he came out of his 'hide' to see what was up, he'd a bunch of skin hanging off.  Was a brief WTF moment until it occurred to me...he sheds his skin now and then.  I'd just never seen it before.  And pretty ok with never seeing it again if truth be told.  11 hours and counting! 

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 21, 2010, 01:18:53 AM »

OMG!  Nearly had heart failure just now!  Went up to feed some of those noisy crickets to the lizard.  When he came out of his 'hide' to see what was up, he'd a bunch of skin hanging off.  Was a brief WTF moment until it occurred to me...he sheds his skin now and then.  I'd just never seen it before.  And pretty ok with never seeing it again if truth be told.  11 hours and counting! 
Did you catch the escapee? Wee Tip don't let the lizard loose to catch it.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 21, 2010, 03:59:01 AM »

Phase two done and dusted and they are currently in the air between New York and Ireland for phase three.  I've to be up in 3 hours to get a shower before heading to the airport.  Can't sleep though.  Even Cassie has been bopping around with me all night.  Think it's going to be a looooong Wednesday for the lot of us at this rate.

Did you catch the escapee? Wee Tip don't let the lizard loose to catch it.

Think so.  Found one in the bathroom.  Crushed and flushed the lil' darlin'.  Seems his mates in the holding cage are staging a protest however.  They've been chirping loud as can be, non-stop since the demise of their rogue escapee.  One has been particularly loud.  I will mostly figure out which one tomorrow and introduce him to the lizard.  That'll learn 'em.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 21, 2010, 02:53:07 PM »

The Eagles have landed safe and sound.  First stop was their Irish Grandparent's house for a huge brekkie.  The kids brought a few gifts over for them and filled them in on the trip.  All that was worrying the Grandparents was the possibility of the kids moving to America some day.  They might have a problem as far as Sinéad's concerned.  I noticed she was a bit hesitant in her reply.  But she's not quite 15 yet, so there's a few years before we'll be worrying about that.

Next stop - home!  Cassie and Lily went abso ape when they met the crew.  Nothing doing only the girls had to tear through the luggage for the new zoom groom thingys and were out the back like a flash with them.  Lily just wanted lots of rubs, but Cassie was loving every minute of her new grooming regime.  And they work a treat too!  Thanks for the heads up Matt. 

The luggage was dragged up to their rooms where they got hold of anything they wanted to show us.  One bag was filled to the brim with food stuff.  That went back down to the kitchen for me to unload.  We now have more mac & cheese boxes and powder drink mixes than should be allowed by law!  Jolly Ranchers, Aunt Jemima, Lucky Charms & Nerds were just a few of the things I had to find a home for.  Will need the dentist next at this rate!  lol

We'd only barely pulled in to Knocknagree when the mobile phones started hopping.  Within 20 minutes of landing home, their friends started pouring in.  They asked if they could leave the unpacking until later.  I caved.  Now they're all out and about running around the village together.  And all is right with the world.

Ooops.  I lied.  Sinéad has just landed back to make some of the Kraft Mac & Cheese.  For half the village.  NOW all is right with the world. 

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2010, 02:57:30 PM »

Glad the family are all back safe and sound, and I know you have missed them like mad ... but dont tell them that Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »

LOL - my Mum always brings back multiple packets of scalloped potatoes from the US/Bahamas when she's been back - enough that there's a fight over the space it takes up (you could get more rum in there!!!).

I suppose it's the stuff you remember back to.

If I'd someone building stuff back (apart from good rum), it'd be real waffles (ie not sweet, to put butter on & eat with crispy bacon), proper american popcorn (rettenbachers? - the stuff that comes with a sachet of butter sauce), Tang & rum of course.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 22, 2010, 10:43:34 PM »

Oh sure.  Murphy's Laws at it again. 

Poured rain while they were away.  Sure made dog walks fun. 

Kids get back, Sarah resumes her role as second in command of dog walks...and the sun splitting the stones!

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 24, 2010, 11:27:15 AM »

The sunshine lasted for all of one afternoon.  Would be nice if we could get some of that heat and scorching sun I see so many others complaining about.  Facebook profiles riddled with complaints about nice weather.  Go figure.

Today is jam day.  We've to top and tail the berries picked from our back garden and get a move on making jam.  I was supposed to have 'help', but they've all bailed.  To be fair, they've got good reasons for bailing.

Brian has gone to the Grandparent's to cut their lawn.  They'll surely give him loads more gardening jobs before he's released.  Granted, they'll also stuff him to the brim with a dinner he loves around 1pm, so he's not complaining.

Sarah has gone to work with Timothy.  She went yesterday too.  And you won't believe this, but she ASKS to go to work.  Yesterday they were at a house with swans, ducks and geese.  She got to hold and pet the lot during her 'breaks' and loved every minute of it.  Today they're off to Killarney.  Timothy has to finish work in a tile shop showroom, which happens to be down the road from the new Penneys that opened this week.  She's been promised a quick stop to the new shop before they leave.  Hmmmmm, she really does run good when it comes to 'work'.

Sinéad has the least pleasant of tasks today.  A Lad from her class lost his mother this week.  All of the classmates received a text requesting they attend the funeral in their uniforms as a mark of respect.  I don't know the family, so will be giving it a miss.  But nobody should lose their mother so young.  Gutted for Danny in that regard.  RIP Geraldine.  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:36:42 AM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 24, 2010, 11:34:55 AM »

Something has come to my attention from a few corners.  I tend to ramble in my own way and forget that some terms or phrases aren't standard for the readers.  I've been told that people 'eventually' get what I mean as they carry on reading...or at least they think they do.  lol

So I have a request.  Don't be shy!  If you're unsure of my rambled meanings, just ask.  I don't bite.  Honest.  Some of the 'translations' have been quite funny by the few who've approached me, so feel free to add your translation if you have one too.  This isn't my personal thread.  It's for everyone to hopefully enjoy. 

xx

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: