blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177972 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 17, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »

;aruhgt;rsakgihdafkgjbfr;SKUGHTRkhfdjgbafdjkgfaslgjkardsgkjfdjskrgjhs;kfghda;fgk

And breeeeeeeeathe...................

whassup?

Not Laxie. She's not up at all.

just seen on facebook. 

airport bar not the worst place to be stuck Dawn Smiley

Yer not wrong there.  Onto me second pint.  Should prolly consider food too at some stage.

all day brekkie ftw

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 17, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »

Last time I was there they did a meal deal that came with a pint, didn't even have to leave the bar.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 17, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »

I'm flying from Kerry Airport.  It's tiny.  I mean REALLY small.  Check in desk, customer service and security door are all right next to each other.  That covers half the airport.  The other half is taken over by a big airport lounge.  Walked in to the lounge and everyone was sat daintily eating their scones and tea.  The odd sandwich and soda rebel scattered around the place.  Not me.  Oh hell no.  I've to get on a plane that shouldn't be used for commercial travel.  Straight to the bar for a pint.  

I plonked meself down in the corner and ordered my tipple.  Was the only one sat at the bar.  Feck 'em.  Got out the lappy and went about me rants around the place over the delay.  Must have started a trend, because within 10 minutes all innocent tea drinking scone eating bodies around the place were racing for the bar themselves.  Couldn't find the bar man when I first ordered and now the poor man is ran off his feet.  I've apologised for the disruption to his peace and quiet.  Hoping he'll pass the word on to the security crew that "She's not bad really."

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: September 17, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »

My mate (A Yorkshireman) councils a nervous flier.

"Theyres nowt to it ya balm pot. Si thi, tha guz oop, tha guz straight fer a bit, then tha guz dahn. Piece o piss it is."

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 20, 2010, 03:45:04 PM »

What a BRILLIANT week-end!!!  Landed in Manchester on Friday and back home again just over an hour ago, but wow.  So many comedy moments.  My cheeks were actually getting sore by the end of yesterday from laughing and grinning so much all week-end. 

Carl collected me at the airport Friday and we landed at Ger's just as he was getting home from work.  Off we went to the local fish tank to donk away the night playing a friendly £13 (?) tourney.  Joobs and Adam met us there and it was all downhill when Joobs and I were drawn on the same table.  The other poor misfortunes at the table didn't know what to make of us, but at one point some random bloke says, "I want some of what they're having."

Didn't have the same luck I'd had last time we went and was out by the first break.  But not to worry.  Ger's daughter had a back up plan to kill off the rest of our night...involving a club with a Drag Queen !!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 20, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »

Saturday it was down to the business of poker.  Ger has a couple of these home games in the year and it's always a great laugh.  But first we needed to buy a few things in.  Joobs, Adam, Jon and I headed off to the local Asda and stocked up on food stuff for the night's gathering.  While there, we met a couple of tattoo queens.  No word of a lie.  A theme was emerging for the week-end.  

While the rest of the crew chatted up the lads with the tattoos I just stood there in awe of the pair of them.  Dressed in biker gear, covered in tatts and very deffo a couple imo.  I couldn't help meself.  Tried, but the words came out before my brain could stop me.  Whilst jumping up and down clapping me hands like a kid at Christmas, this wee gem popped out...

"What a great week-end I'm having!!!  Last night I met a drag queen and now I can say I've met tattoo queens as well!!!"

"Excuuuuuuse me?" says one of them.

"Oh sorry...kings, KINGS.  That's what I should have said.  My apologies."

At which point his mate turns to Joobs and Co. and says under his breath, "She was right the first time."

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 04:36:07 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 20, 2010, 04:44:35 PM »

Got back to Ger's in time to chill for a bit before the guests started to arrive.  Good thing as it was going to be a late night of it.  I did a few updates as and when I could.  Between that, cooking for everyone and playing the odd hand of poker...updates were dodgy to say the least.    

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=6500.90

Various peeps took photos, so I'll grab those off the net and post them at the end of that thread in a few.

There was a reason for my outfit on the night.  Cork Vs. Down All Ireland Football final was on Sunday.  I was wearing the gear in honour of me team...but in hindsight it looks like all the drag queens got hold of me for a dress up session.  
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:43:39 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 20, 2010, 08:00:35 PM »

Sunday was very nearly the cause of me cancelling this trip.  Cork v Down in the All Ireland Football Final.  I just couldn't miss that match.  No worries though.  Ger made a few calls and found a pub in Liverpool showing it.  HUGE pub and Down supporters outnumbered Cork supporters by a country mile.  

Cork played a dreadful first half but managed to keep within 3 points of Down.  Cork has always been a 'second half team'.  They love to make us sweat it out.   They were going to win this match.  I just knew they'd win this.  And sure enough they did...by 1 point.  

I'm not sure how many times we've come 2nd in the last 20 years, but it was 1990 last time they managed to win the cup.  I watched that match in a pub in Queens, New York.  This time I was in Liverpool to see them win.  I've been told I'm to leave the country every year from now on when they make the final.  If it means they'll win, I'm more than happy to.

GO OOOOOOOOOOOOON THE REBELS!!!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:02:36 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 23, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »

Delay of game on the update front for a couple of days while I got this house in order a wee bit.  I swear...doesn't matter how orderly it is before I go.  It's always trashed by the time I return.  The only ones delighted to see me were Lily and Cassie.  They didn't have to worry about my wrath when I saw the state of the place.  lol  Ah well, it's sorted now.  Just in time for another week-end of mess. 

Having an abso brilliant day today.  Suppose Lucky's post on Luck (go figure) was just the icing on the cake I needed to proper boost this nutter back into shape.  I've always been a happy go lucky sort.  That's not been the case with a bit and I wasn't liking who I'd become.  Feel like a ton weight has been lifted off me shoulders now though. 

I can 'splain...kind of.  A wee spark of light hit me brain last night.  It was a very welcome addition to what had been a pretty gloomy place with a while.  That wee light gave me time to clear the clutter in me brain.  I know I'm not even properly explaining it, but trust me...it's good. 

I'm either going to play some online poker now or blast the music and dance around the house with the dogs for a bit.  It might be pissing down rain outside, but I've lemons and sugar in the kitchen.  Will mix them with the rain and make me a nice tall glass of lemonade.

Oh yeah!!!  Almost forgot!  Will have pictures in the very near future too!  HTC Desire is in stock again, just to collect it.  Good thing.  Even I was getting bored with me picture-less ramblings.  lol

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 23, 2010, 04:55:28 PM »

good to hear Dawn x

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 24, 2010, 09:40:29 AM »

Brian is coming home for the week-end!!!  Will be the first time I've seen him in nearly two weeks, so really looking forward to it.  And better still?  I don't have to make the 3 hour round trip journey to bring him home.  We've a few older neighbours who attend uni and have cars.  They've told me they'll take him back and forth in future to save me the trip.  RESULT! 

We live in a small village which can be a pain for the likes of shopping and take-aways.  If either of those things are important to you, you'd never survive here.  I don't like shopping and love to cook, so it's not a problem.  On the flip side of the coin, there's a great community spirit.  Yeah, they love their gossip same as the next small town, but they've got yer back if you need a hand with anything. 

While I was away last week-end, Bridget's fuse box blew up.  She wasn't home at the time, but someone across the road noticed the sparks.  He took off to hers without thinking and so did a few other neighbours.  They had it sorted in no time.  The same man and Bridget don't normally see eye to eye...but when it comes down to it we're all there for each other.  He saved her house from burning down that night. 

When Cassie was injured, there was no way I was getting her down from the field on my own.  The man who helped me?  It was my first time ever asking him for help.  Wouldn't ever occur to me to phone him normally, but Sarah minds his kids and he knows Greyhounds.  He landed and got the job done without blinking an eye.  He's even called to check on her a number of times since. 

I might bitch about the quiet of this place sometimes, but ya know what?  It's really not so bad in the grand scheme of things.  Just need to take the time to have a proper look around now and then.  Remind yourself of the good things surrounding you.

Poor Brian is getting a proper grilling this afternoon.  Want to know all about his life at uni and it's the only chance I'll get for the grilling.  I promise not to be too hard on him.  Want him to enjoy his trips home.  Hope everyone else has a good week-end.  xx

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: September 24, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »

While I was away last week-end, Bridget's fuse box blew up. 

I have no idea why but my lemsip is all over the table

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 24, 2010, 10:43:39 AM »

While I was away last week-end, Bridget's fuse box blew up. 

I have no idea why but my lemsip is all over the table

I've a fair idea why  Wink

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: September 24, 2010, 12:04:11 PM »

Life lesson # 531 - Never bitch about the quiet.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 24, 2010, 12:13:32 PM »

What eejit came up with the saying, 'Yer eyes are bigger than yer belly'?!  They clearly haven't met my belly after the number of tasks my eyes have set for it.

I'm hungry.  I've a choice of Chicken Parmigiana or medallions of pork steak.  Both were abso loverly when I made them.  

Eyes say, "Ahhh go on.  A wee nibble of each won't kill ya.  Yer starving"

Mouth says, "Oi belly...the eyes have thrown another dare at us.  You up for it?"

And Belly shouts up, "When will those eyes ever learn?  They can't take us on.  Bring it!"

No wonder I need to lose weight.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 06:55:50 PM by Laxie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: