blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:58:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177974 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1365 on: March 25, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »

Got a new stock of crickets on Tuesday for the lizard.  They're NOT the silent type.   

Sure hope one doesn't escape again. Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 25, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »

Tired.com.  Yep.  That's me.  Crickets kicked off the fun, but they don't get all the credit.  Sleep patterns are all over the shop again.  Granted, probably doesn't help that I've the girls trained to send Malc's text if I fall asleep.  So when I woke at 11pm last night thanks to the crickets, I decided to give in and take the meds.  Topped the fire and that was that.  Night night world...or so I thought.

Woke to my own shivering at 3:30am.  The room was freezing!  Fire had died out, but why hadn't Timothy stocked it when he landed home from the pub?  Lights were still on too.  Hmmm.  Checked my phone to find an unread text.  Turns out the pub owner (Martin) had badly injured his knee and Timothy was still with him.  I was needed to get Martin home because he couldn't drive.  Marv...on me way.

Martin's leg wouldn't bend without roars of pain accompanying it.  Home wasn't an option.  He had to go to hospital.  No way was I getting him into the car with his leg all messed up.  Dropped Timothy home and went back to sit with Martin while we waited the hour for an ambulance.  By the time I got home again, it was 7am.  But my day wasn't over yet.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 25, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

"Grand Central Station...how can I help you?"  No word of a lie.  By 10am that's how I was answering the phone.  I was desperate to get sleep, but the whole fecking townland was desperate to find out what happened to Martin.  "How the heck should I know?!  I wasn't there fer feck sake.  Just made sure he got where he needed to be and now I'm trying to get some sleep."  Rinse, repeat...repeatedly.  Eventually I stopped answering the phone.  That'll learn 'em. 

Not so much as it happens.  Only one who learned anything was me. 

Free tip for today - When yer hoping to get sleep and refusing to answer yer phone...it's a pretty good idea to lock yer front door.  I finally copped it...four visitors later.  Sighhhhhh.  By then, the girls were due in from school any minute.  I'd promised Sinéad we'd go lappy shopping when they got home and a promise is a promise. 

Oh damn!  Speaking of promises, I told Martin I'd do the banking for the pub today too.  Luckily I thought of it before we were on the road to Tralee or he'd have been proper stuffed for the week-end.  On the plus side, he phoned to say it's just a bad sprain so he'll live.

Banking done, lappy & dog treats bought and girls dropped to their nights out.  Phew.  I'm currently sat by the fire in a quiet house with the dogs by my side.  They're sound asleep.  Must be nice.  All going well, I'll follow suit soon.

Here's to a relaxing week-end for everyone.  x

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 26, 2011, 01:41:24 PM »

Spoke too soon.  Bridget and Sean landed right after I posted and were here till late.   

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 26, 2011, 01:51:39 PM »

Today I've got the house to myself again.  Won't get up to too much as I'm still on doctor's orders to 'chill'.  But it's too nice a day to be sat inside, so I'll mostly be doing some gardening.  Lily and Cassie like hanging out on gardening days because it generally ends in a full on grooming session for the pair of them.  All going well, I'll get a bit of a tan out there too.  Win win all around. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 26, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »

Not sure if it was Murphy's Law, Confucius or Mother Nature having the laugh, but clouds were hiding the sun the minute I stepped foot outside.  Tanning mission failed miserably.  Bit of gardening and dog grooming successful though.  I live in Ireland ffs.  Don't know why I thought a tan was gonna happen today.  Think it's time to renew my tanning sessions in the salon. 

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 26, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

Not sure if it was Murphy's Law, Confucius or Mother Nature having the laugh, but clouds were hiding the sun the minute I stepped foot outside.  Tanning mission failed miserably.  Bit of gardening and dog grooming successful though.  I live in Ireland ffs.  Don't know why I thought a tan was gonna happen today.  Think it's time to renew my tanning sessions in the salon. 

give it a chance - it's only a week or so since you had snow!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 26, 2011, 11:05:13 PM »

weather in london was amazing today

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 26, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »

give it a chance - it's only a week or so since you had snow!

You have a point.  There's something about where we live.  20 minutes over the road and the sun could be splitting the stones.  That said, 20 minutes the other way is usually pissing out of the heavens.  Meanwhile it's just cloudy here.  'Glass half full' and all that.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 26, 2011, 11:13:39 PM »

For an ok Lad, you can be pretty evil sometimes.  Just sayin'....

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 26, 2011, 11:16:02 PM »

how was your solider thing?

(apologies for thread hijack but the hot choc diary seems to have died)

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 26, 2011, 11:17:12 PM »

He did a soldier thing?  Hijack permitted because I'm slightly intrigued now.  Just kind of, mind.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 26, 2011, 11:38:36 PM »

One of the things I'd contemplated with the recent win was playing a couple of side events at the Irish Open in a few weeks time.  Always wanted to play the main event, but being realistic and all.  Plan was to play the Ladies event and possibly the Omaha as I knew the main's buy in was well out of reach.  Refuse to go into debt over poker.  Well I nearly fecking choked!  Ladies event is €330 and Omaha is €750!!!  lololololol 

I play local €20 pubs games maybe once every 6 or 8 weeks.  The occasional live £75 APAT event is HUGE for me.  Much prefer the APAT's which is why I don't play local pub tourneys very often now.  Save the few bob by staying away from the pub games and spend it on travel and expenses for those instead.  Thought I was being proper balla (by my standards) spending maybe €300 between the two buy ins in Dublin.  Didn't know that amount wouldn't even cover one of them.  Blimey. 

Ah well.  As it happens, APAT has an event on the same week-end in Newcastle.  No offence to people living there, but I genuinely can't stand the place.  That said, the buy in and the company make up for the town.  Newcastle it is then.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 26, 2011, 11:42:46 PM »

Lizard not holding it's weight.  Far too many noisy crickets still alive.  Would a shotgun be considered a bit harsh?  For the crickets obv...not the lizard.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 27, 2011, 12:14:19 AM »

it was awesome. I got a medal, gonna get another one tomorrow if I get up for me run. I'll throw some pics up on fb tomorrow but basic summary of what we did

-ran around old eurostar terminal at waterloo, pretty cool as it's basically now just a huge abandoned train station, half of it in darkness which was a bit spooky. went on the old track on the roof, weren't supposed to but we got a bit lost
-treasure hunt thingy on hms belfast, can't believe how lost it's possible to get on a boat
-inflatable assault course in moat at tower of london
-climbed big slippery wall outside st paul's
-climbed cargo nets slung over the giant artillery guns outside imperial war museum
-went in trenches exhibit in imp. war museum, not really sure why though
-boris biking in an abandoned car park
-paintball in waterloo station
-indoor climbing wall
-abseiling down the oval

think that just about covers it. lots of running in between means I'm very achy and not at all prepared for the 10k run I've gotta do in 7 hours

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: