blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177986 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: May 27, 2011, 06:32:01 PM »

Lax, once you're settled why don't you and Jack come to dinner at our house? we're only an hour away.

Awwwww, that's really sweet of you and I'll risk it speaking for both of us by saying we'd love to.  Be great to see you and the Mrs. again!  Also be most excellent to meet the next generation you two have been busy with.  Cheers!  x

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1696 on: May 27, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »

Pleasure. Nic will sort out details with you on FB, after the 16th. I'll cook

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1697 on: May 28, 2011, 12:41:40 AM »

Lax, once you're settled why don't you and Jack come to dinner at our house? we're only an hour away.

Awwwww, that's really sweet of you and I'll risk it speaking for both of us by saying we'd love to.  Be great to see you and the Mrs. again!  Also be most excellent to meet the next generation you two have been busy with.  Cheers!  x

That's a lovely thought Del, thank you very much. We're kicking around the idea of a 'welcome to England' get together too one weekend for our mates. We'd love you to come if it happens.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1698 on: May 28, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »

I'm over on June 16th so warm up those alarms.  Think you'll be surprised though.  He really has quietened me a bit.  

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 28, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »

It's TRUE dammit!  Well...mostly.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 06, 2011, 08:58:09 AM »

The run good continues.  How lucky am I these days?! 

After years of begging Timothy to get an accountant because I hated trying to make sense of the yearly stuff, he's finally getting one!!!   

I was torn between helping out one last time or saying, "Not my problem now.  Sort it yerself."  Luckily we had a very good chat yesterday sorting other things and that came up.  Spoke honestly with no nastiness on either of our parts...and now I'm free of it!!!  wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Ok, maybe not a big deal in the grand scheme of things...but it's the little things in life.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 06, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »

Been torn between wanting to do as much as I can around the place before I go and stepping back a bit.  Figure they need to have a trial run at life without constant back up from me.  It's been a real juggle to find the right blend, but between us we seem to be working it out.  Now and then I'll be at something and think, "Really must teach them how to do this."  Other times one of them will ask me to show them how something is done.  All sorts of things we took for granted as being my gigs around the place. 

I've kind of felt guilty throughout the years for being a stay at home mom and not contributing a wage.  Turns out I actually did contribute quite a lot around here...and it's only now we're starting to realise it.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »

Spent some time at Mary's this week-end.  She's an unreal host when you call to hers.  Was a relaxing Saturday and Sunday just chilling and catching up.  Funny thing though.  We'd always got along really well, but we were well aware of the way rural Ireland works...so very careful of just how much we'd divulge in the past.  Turns out we didn't know half as much as we thought about the other.  Was lovely to finally be ourselves. 

Heading back there on Thursday for another visit.  Only this time we'll be three instead of two.  Jack's joining us after he and Mary got a mad notion for him to fly over.  Well, I thought it was a mad notion at the time.  Especially as I'll be flying to him only four days after he leaves here.  What happened to my sensible Jack?!  Truth be told...I'm delighted.  4 more sleeps!!! 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: June 08, 2011, 11:08:42 AM »

Was going to do a long post but I can't think straight because I'm too giddy.  Sorry.  Will get back to ya later.

Have a great day everyone!!!  x

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: June 08, 2011, 01:36:54 PM »

Pffffffffft  I'd grand intentions of getting other things done.  But then I received a formal complaint from a blonde who some say resembles a walrus.  He seems to think I was taking the easy way out with a quick post, when the long rambling ones are preferred.  So here it goes.  If you're not in the mood for long ramblings, ya know who to thank. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »

I was given the link to a map of the UK today and I'm to study it.  Ger is giving me a geography quiz later.  Surely he's bluffing?  Dunno, but I've managed to remember a few bits...just in case. 

Spelling is still a bit dodgy though.  Why do ye add letters in places they aren't needed ffs?!  Then to make matters worse, ye criss cross letters that aren't meant to be jumbled that way.  A prime example.  Leicester.  WTF?!  When I was growing up the rule was 'I before E, except after C or when sounding like A as in neighbour and weigh.'  I know the rule is basically rubbish.  Little words like 'their' prove that.  But still.  I'm not on about random words.  I'm on about names of places.  Could ye not at least have humoured me on this one?

I'll be ages learning how to spell everything, never mind learning where it all is!

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: June 08, 2011, 01:56:47 PM »

I was given the link to a map of the UK today and I'm to study it.  Ger is giving me a geography quiz later.  Surely he's bluffing?  Dunno, but I've managed to remember a few bits...just in case. 

Spelling is still a bit dodgy though.  Why do ye add letters in places they aren't needed ffs?!  Then to make matters worse, ye criss cross letters that aren't meant to be jumbled that way.  A prime example.  Leicester.  WTF?!  When I was growing up the rule was 'I before E, except after C or when sounding like A as in neighbour and weigh.'  I know the rule is basically rubbish.  Little words like 'their' prove that.  But still.  I'm not on about random words.  I'm on about names of places.  Could ye not at least have humoured me on this one?

I'll be ages learning how to spell everything, never mind learning where it all is!

There is a place nearby called Looga Barooga!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: June 08, 2011, 02:02:07 PM »

it's so that one of my fave things in the world can exist, the joy of listening to yanks on the tube trying to pronounce place names

lie-chester square is obv the best but totten-ham court road and hol-born are good too

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: June 08, 2011, 02:04:56 PM »

The rest of today will mostly be spent getting through some paperwork and the likes around here.  Amazing how much there is to sort.  Probably won't get to all of it, but the most important will be organised for sure.  I'm pretty touchy about the filing system.  Every whole thing is sorted by topic, year and who it belongs to.  Shouldn't take too long to get through it, but I can't help doing it right...even if it is for the last time.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1709 on: June 08, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »

When I was growing up the rule was 'I before E, except after C

Actually, it's 'I before E except when it's not'.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: