blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Bradford City A.F.C
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bradford City A.F.C  (Read 12074 times)
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »

When it comes to the last home game of the season its always a big day down at VP for bradford Fans, We remember the 56 fan who lost their life at the game what was meant to be a happy day for Us as we had just won promotion from the old div 3,

I was only 5 at the time and was not at the game but i had  been to most games that season the only reason i was not there was because it was sold and and my dad did not want to risk taking me, I dont remember the day,  but what im told we dropped my Dad off at the game and me my mum and brother went into Bradford Shopping, 40 mins into the game a small fire broke out in the stand, It only took 4 mins to burn the whole stand down the the ground.

My mum tells me she  could see the smoke for the city centre and had easy found out what was going on, The news report was 100's of fans had died in the stand, remember this was a time without mobile phones so i can't think of the worrie and what my mum was thinking

for them who don't know anything about it i have left a  tribute video and when This Saturday comes i hope all of you can spend a few  mins to remember the 56 fans who died that day

R.I.P

Just so you know the you tube clip is very sad and shows a few things you might not want to see

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:19:18 PM by LeedsRhodesy » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:26:07 PM »

Very sad day.   Another completely preventable disaster where innocent people died.

I've watched an unedited video of the fire as part of some fire training I received at Chubb.  Really upsetting footage.

RIP the 56 - YNWA

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »

Very sad day.   Another completely preventable disaster where innocent people died.

I've watched an unedited video of the fire as part of some fire training I received at Chubb.  Really upsetting footage.

RIP the 56 - YNWA

I have seen the unedited video once and could never bring myself to watch it again
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »

Very sad day!!

I was only 3 at the time so I wasn't there but my Dad and Grandad were in that stand at the time! Luckily they were situated near the centre of the stand right next to the dugouts.

Once they realised what was going on then my Dad had to literally throw my Grandad onto the roof of the dugout as he was unable to get over! Some other fans helped them to safety!

My Dad has told ne stories about the day which must of left terrible thoughts in the minds of those that had to witness people burning alive in the tradigy!

RIP to the 56 and my thoughts are with their familys x x

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 11:13:20 PM »

Very sad day!!

I was only 3 at the time so I wasn't there but my Dad and Grandad were in that stand at the time! Luckily they were situated near the centre of the stand right next to the dugouts.

Once they realised what was going on then my Dad had to literally throw my Grandad onto the roof of the dugout as he was unable to get over! Some other fans helped them to safety!

My Dad has told ne stories about the day which must of left terrible thoughts in the minds of those that had to witness people burning alive in the tradigy!

might have a ticket for saturday mate if you feel better
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »

I will be remembering, have seen the footage before and sticks with me, terrible day. (not sure its necesary to have the vid in the thread.)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 11:18:45 PM »

Very sad day!!

might have a ticket for saturday mate if you feel better

yea mate let me know in good time!

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:21:35 PM »

I will be remembering, have seen the footage before and sticks with me, terrible day. (not sure its necesary to have the vid in the thread.)

if you watch the whole you tube vid its a tribute video and names all the fans who died that day
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 11:52:24 PM »

i surveyed the club shop at bradford about 4 years ago, and would you believe the one problem with it was the fire compartmentation and fire protection to the structure

[  ] wp great place to chose to save money
[  ] wp building control

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:11:00 AM »

if you watch the whole you tube vid its a tribute video and names all the fans who died that day

ah. ok.
chezzboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:48:15 AM »

Thats shocking, I knew about it but never really looked into exactly what happened.

At the start you can see people weren't too panicked by the little fire in the middle of the stand. Can't beleive how fast it spreads.

Watch the youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=DkTFG9c1QfY

Its a radio commentary from the day, quite disturbing how much changes in 1 minute. They really did have no chance.

RIP
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 12:32:53 PM »

Nice tribute on Football focas now

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »

2 articles here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8648794.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s517j

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »

New Home shirt....

Did it look well Rhodesy?

LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53:05 PM »

yea today always brings a tear to my eyes and with it been 25 years, i have  never sang Y.N.W.A  so loud, i have radio 4 on now mate,  Bradford fans have raised 100k this season what will keep the burns unit open in bradford for then next 3 years

Really glad we won today mate 2 really good goals by evo, defo watch football leauge tonight,

The shirts looks crap but really looks good when its on the the player,  Good news that Taylor has signed and word has it we have £1 million for player for next season
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: