blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 06:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273058 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Android apps
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Android apps  (Read 53070 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »

Damn, I should look around more Cheesy

If you've only had the phone 24 hours, you should be in a cooling down period, may be worth looking into if you'd prefer the new phone.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:01:34 PM by Silo Graham » Logged

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »

Brag - £31 a month, no upfront fee, 500 mins, 5000 texts, 2000 3 to 3 mins, 24 month warranty
Beat - It's on 3 Cheesy

No data allowance? 

Cheap deal though, most places have an upfront fee at £30 pm.     Looks a nice phone.  You'll like the , it's not like that's gone from being one of the best phones on the market to being old tech overnight.

1GB of data.

Deals are available on O2, Vodafone and T-mobile as well for about the same sort of deal.

Harshest rubs

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:22 PM »

Got all you can eat data plus loads of calls and texts on Oneplan on 3, month to month contract, 25 quid, plus you can tether, using WIFI tether on Android (no root needed), works like a dream (once 'always on mobile' has been enabled). Download movies, whatever, they don't care.

Fab app: getspool.com     Chrome browser plugin, if I'm on a page I like, or the page has  vid I like, eg youtube, bbc news, etc, I just click the button on browser. I go to Spool on my phone, and the page or video is sitting there, wiii!

Been trying to work out a way to make my phone trackable even once hard reset, apparently possible but you need to cook a rom :/

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: December 06, 2011, 08:03:13 PM »

Not got any myself.  Just be careful what you install (just use the market for installing stuff unless you think you can judge what's OK or not).

The main thing I'd advise anyone using gmail/android is the two-step verification to help prevent your account being compromised. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 06, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »

Loads of stuff for 10c:
http://www.androidcentral.com/slew-popular-apps-suddenly-are-10-cents-android-market

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:38 PM »

Can't pay without a 2 quid transaction fee from my bank Sad

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 06, 2012, 12:35:03 PM »

I've been an Android user for a few years now, but I haven't experimented much with apps. I mostly play simple games and have practical apps (Tesco, The Weather Channel, Currency Exchange); I know - what a geezer, right? 

Some of the more interesting ones I'd recommend are:

Shazam (http://www.shazam.com/music/web/android.html) - if you're out and about and you hear a song you like, it finds the name for you.
QuickDic (http://www.appbrain.com/app/quickdic-offline-dictionary/com.hughes.android.dictionary) - despite the suggestive name, it's not sexy in the least. It's just an offline language dictionary, so you don't have to worry about roaming when you're abroad.
DI.fm (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.audioaddict.di) - awesome web radio.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »

Anyone use MSN Messenger on Droid?
Whats the best app?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »

ebuddy is the one myself and a few more on blonde use, but we've had it for a couple of years now so not sure if it's necessarily the best these days.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »

Seems to do the job, many thanks.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 08, 2012, 02:13:22 PM »

They don't use msn but for general instant messaging I've used Touch and Kik. A little intrusive (always on) but they do they job pretty well.

J Lennon
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »

whats the best battery saving app?

ive updated my phone to the new firmware and its absolutely killing my battery.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: March 08, 2012, 12:24:23 AM »

whats the best battery saving app?

ive updated my phone to the new firmware and its absolutely killing my battery.

I hear good things about JuiceDefender.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 08, 2012, 12:28:08 AM »

juice defender certainly used to be the app of choice like a year ago. no idea if anything better has come out since

personally I cba with any of them now, just carry a spare battery in my wallet, takes 10 seconds to switch over on the rare occasions that I run out of juice

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 08, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »

Now that we've all had time to get used to our androids, what apps are your favourite? 

For me it was c:geo (a geocache tool) - but they removed the best feature on it last month.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: