blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Come on England
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Come on England  (Read 48308 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 28, 2010, 08:24:01 AM »

The problem is now obv that this team won't be there at the next WC. who's going to take over from Gerrard, Lampard, Terry etc?

some serious rebuilding required IMO.
Plenty of players that i expect to improve in the next 4 years. I'm hopeful that we have a clear out and take a young squad to the Euros and give them some experience before 2010.

Hart/Foster

Johnson
Dawson/Cahill/Shawcross/Smalling
Jagielka
Baines/Gibbs

Lennon/Walcott
Milner/Wilshere/Cleverly
Rodwell/Cattermole/Delph
Johnson/Downing/Young

Rooney
Sturridge/Carroll/Agbonlahor/Moses
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2010, 08:29:38 AM »

Agreed but will the press and supporters give the manager enough time to rebuild the squad?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2010, 09:13:19 AM »

Im only up to page 20 on this thread and already im pissing myself at it, Ironside you are my hero! Called it perfectly, and was challenged at every turn!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:17 AM »

Home arrow Sport
VIDEO TECHNOLOGY CONFIRMS ENGLAND ARE VERY BAD AT FOOTBALL    Print    E-mail
28-06-10

ENGLAND are heading home from the World Cup today after state-of-the-art video technology showed the ball crossing their goal line many, many times.

The cameras clearly showed the ball crossing the line for the fourth time
As questions were raised over why the Uruguayan officials had spotted all four German goals, the specially positioned cameras around the Bloemfontein Stadium confirmed that England's 2010 squad will forever be remembered as the 'team that never was'.

The use of television has been a source of controversy in the sport, but experts insist it offers a fool-proof method for determining whether a team is good at football or whether it is simply a collection of absurdly over-compensated, second-rate commercial brands with ghastly, vulgar wives, locked in a sado-masochistic relationship with a cretinous media that merely reflects a society that has taken its natural intelligence, its sense of perspective and its values and violently drowned them all in a bucket of piss.

Professor Henry Brubaker of the Institute for Studies said: "The technology is very complex and involves cathode tubes, a large glass screen and pretty much an entire roll of tinfoil.

"The operator sits in front of the screen and if he or she sees one set of players concede goal after goal after goal after goal, the video images then help them to decide whether or not those players are good at football."

Back home England fans vented their fury at the technology, as Paul the Psychic Octopus predicted Fabia Capello would soon be receiving a cheque for £12m and moving to a country where people can understand what he's saying.

Roy Hobbs, a flurry of opinions from Stevenage, said: "Alan Hansen kept going on about how it could have been 20 or even 25-nil and that if he had done that at Liverpool, Bob Paisley would have slashed him across the arse with a machete.

"But I think it could easily have been 70 or even 290-nil. Unless of course Lampard's goal had counted, in which case England would have won 14-2."

Nathan Muir, from Hatfield, added: "Not a good day. And after Sebastian Vettel beat Lewis Hamilton in the grand prix, I half expected to come home and find my missus having a dirty bath with the lead singer of Boney M."

Meanwhile, central defender John Terry finally arrived back in England's 18-yard box last night only to find that everyone else had gone home.

He eventually got out of the stadium after climbing over a fence.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2010, 10:32:13 AM »

fabio has to go surely? that was really woeful, i thought the one position we didn't have to worry about was centre halves.

i dont think the problem is with the manager
its the players

they think they know better than the manager

have you seen what capello has done this world cup? absolute joke. im usually a optimist and think people who want to chop and change managers every 2 years are braindead, but he has seriously fucked up.

the manager has a good record
england has a shit record
i think blaming the manager is the easy way out

pretty sure england can be good if they back the manager 100% and play with heart
Is this a level or not?
The Manager has a good record at club level. Won planty of league titles and a champions league. He has no record at international level.
The players have a pretty good record at club level. Most have won a major trophy and i think 4 have won the champions league. None have won anything at international level.
Are you blaming the players because as a nation we haven't won a trophy for 44 years? Strange logic.
The arguement for Capello completely collapses after he said we played well yesterday. If it was the players playing badly and not playing for him and he came out and said it then i'd be annoyed with them but he came out and said we played well. If he thinks that is playing well he needs to go.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »

the players are over-hyped

the Prem League has too much power versus the FA/National team. Contrast this to Joachim Low who has a lot of control over his players in the Bundesliga.

the players don't respect the manager

there were clearly culture problems and sulking problems (Rooney) behind the scenes

Capello is Stubborn. It was crying out for Gerrard behind Rooney and an extra midfielder to protect the back 4

Capello is stubborn. Heskey on when you need goals? SWP on when you need anything?

The system we play is outdated. Look at Brazil..2 holding midfielders who don't get into the final third ever. Spain too...they pick Busquets over Fabregas for example to get the team shape right. Neither team concedes many goals for starters and pass and move teams to death in the final third

Long term, our youth football doesn't encourage flair and talent. I see it, and this comes from FA edicts eg full size pitches at 12 and coaches who want to win, desperately, even with 11-12 year olds

A lot of faults here...the system, the players, the manager, the FA, the media

None likely to be transformed easily.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: June 28, 2010, 10:41:18 AM »

the Prem League has too much power versus the FA/National team. Contrast this to Joachim Low who has a lot of control over his players in the Bundesliga.

there were clearly culture problems and sulking problems (Rooney) behind the scenes

Capello is Stubborn. It was crying out for Gerrard behind Rooney and an extra midfielder to protect the back 4

Capello is stubborn. Heskey on when you need goals? SWP on when you need anything?

The system we play is outdated. Look at Brazil..2 holding midfielders who don't get into the final third ever. Spain too...they pick Busquets over Fabregas for example to get the team shape right. Neither team concedes many goals for starters and pass and move teams to death in the final third

Long term, our youth football doesn't encourage flair and talent. I see it, and this comes from FA edicts eg full size pitches at 12 and coaches who want to win, desperately, even with 11-12 year olds

This
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 28, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »

This

Yeah good post and I agree,I think the players got sick of Capello's way when having to put up with it for so long.It baffled me that he would bring on Heskey when we needed a goal;made no sense.Ultimately though I blame the players for why we where terrible,the manager maybe got tactics wrong but he put a good enough side out to do a lot better than they did.SIGH,only four years unti the next one.I sure won't be anti-railing Scotland [  ] gl.
roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 28, 2010, 11:11:28 AM »

None likely to be transformed ever.

FYP

shit @ poker since 1998
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: June 28, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »

Yeah good post and I agree,I think the players got sick of Capello's way when having to put up with it for so long.It baffled me that he would bring on Heskey when we needed a goal;made no sense.

I'm sure he had 12 million good reasons to bring Heskey on.

Seriously, offering someone a new contract a few weeks before a WC and agreeing to a massive golden handshake in case he fecks up just because "He will be MUCH more expensive when he wins the worldcup" is just laughable and someone in the FA should surely get the sack for it.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2010, 01:17:29 PM »

This this this this this!!!!

I coach a boys team at this age, and yes I want them to win, but I would rather they lost playing decent passing football than winning by playing ‘hoof ball’.

Unfortunately a lot of parents don’t agree with this and neither do a lot of other coaches/managers.

We won a 6-a-side tournament at the weekend, but we won it the right way, playing football.  I told my keeper before the game that every time he got the ball he had to throw it out and I basically banned him from kicking it from his hands.

It is a major deep rooted issue though and unfortunately shows no sign of changing.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 28, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »

How come we got to the U21 European championship final last year and are U17 European Champions this year if it's a grass roots problem? I believe it may just be that English players don't get enough games at the top level. I'm not talking Champions League just Premier League.  I think a limit on non british players would be to our advantage but i think we say that after every tournament.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 28, 2010, 01:56:50 PM »

How come we got to the U21 European championship final last year and are U17 European Champions this year if it's a grass roots problem? I believe it may just be that English players don't get enough games at the top level. I'm not talking Champions League just Premier League.  I think a limit on non british players would be to our advantage but i think we say that after every tournament.

Our starting line up yesterday certainly had more experience than the Germans at playing top class club football.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: June 28, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »

You are too focused on winning at a lower level and therefore your players don't grow in the same way that players from abroad do. You can win a U-17 tourney, but if you do it with short shighted long haul footie those players won't cut it against national sides when they play full internationals.

The whole "we need more english players in the EPL" thing has been done to death and there is no reason to assume it would improve things.

Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 28, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »

Our starting line up yesterday certainly had more experience than the Germans at playing top class club football.

But the average age of our squad is 4 years older than theirs. We had 1 player from last years U21 squad in our 11 and they had 4.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: