blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:58:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 510221 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: June 20, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »

yes i know.  I was thinking regarding the karry finlay stuff that legal people just dont understand bf and betting at all.  How finlay got banned is still beyond me when he was only laying to leverage a bigger price effectively on his back which was much bigger.  If legal teams cant see that then this is 100 times from complicated.

Remember the Fallon/Williams/Lynch etc trial?

The lawyers and police worked on that case for well over a year.

And still didn't understand the first thing about gambling/trading on betfair.

And you would have thought they would be pretty bright guys.

Joe Average just wouldn't understand.

Spot on and the reason that the CPS might be reluctant to proceed IMO.    The Finlay case has proven that even the racing authorities don't get it and it is their job to.  One thing I think is worth pointing out is that the fact that the money has gone and this was probably a big con from the begining doesn't mean that anyone has been stupid or that Blatch wasn't a talented sports punter etc.  As Keith has said he sounded like he knew what he was doing but that is worthless without good bankroll management and discipline.  Mark (arbboy) discussed his issues with me on this a couple of weeks ago and, whilst I shared Keith and Triggs dislike for the hubris associated with it all it wasn't anything like clear that this was what it turned out to be.  George and Cos sounds like a really top blokes and I think all of our first reactions when they first walk back into a cardroom should be to buy them a beer.

One other thing - if anything this should show up the idolisation of a "balla" lifestyle for what it is.  Anyone that thinks that gambling for a living is a glamourous lifestyle is wrong.  It can be well paid but it is stressful, hard work and, in many cases, you end up spending massive amounts of times poring over spreadsheets or in cardrooms with overweight, sweaty middle aged males and neglecting your family in order to earn a living.  If you think betting for a living is something worth pursuing forget about Blatch, Phil Ivey or any of the "ballas" and instead go to the search section of this website and read some of Stuart Rutters posts.  He is an example of what the you should aspire to.  

Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 20, 2010, 07:02:36 PM »

I'm not doing cliffs, throughly going thru the spreadsheet now instead, cliffs will come later but this point was too important to wait.

September 21st. Blatch claims the current balance is £8.6k. (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1047351#msg1047351). The current profit alone by this point on the spreadsheet is £6,641.72, the investment by this point is most likely a similar figure. (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1032007#msg1032007) and (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1036167#msg1036167) show that the amount invested by this point was at least £5,980 by this point. This means the minimum gone missing already was over £4,000.

Fair play to ya for taking the time to comb through it all,i'm sure everyone appreciates it.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1292 on: June 20, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »

I'm not doing cliffs, throughly going thru the spreadsheet now instead, cliffs will come later but this point was too important to wait.

September 21st. Blatch claims the current balance is £8.6k. (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1047351#msg1047351). The current profit alone by this point on the spreadsheet is £6,641.72, the investment by this point is most likely a similar figure. (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1032007#msg1032007) and (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1036167#msg1036167) show that the amount invested by this point was at least £5,980 by this point. This means the minimum gone missing already was over £4,000.

Fair play to ya for taking the time to comb through it all,i'm sure everyone appreciates it.

we do  thumbs up
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 20, 2010, 07:12:43 PM »

we do  thumbs up

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
djsunset
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 20, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »

I've just read the first half of this thread, and the final page.  

Just want to say good luck to GreekStein.  At the end of the day, its a long life for most of us, and your dad will understand.  Nobody has kids without knowing that there will be times when things go wrong.  Something like this will sometimes make the bond stronger between a parent and their kid.  

Its sad to see what has happened here.  The money put into exchanges all originally comes from blood sweat and tears, and the hopes that many investors had of extra money/holidays etcetera would be from winning the money from other punters who would then miss out on those things that they themselves hoped for.

I'd have liked to see the inter-account transfers which Blatch has said he did be cracked down on a bit harder.  I got a phone warning from Betfair many years ago after backing and laying the same selection at the same price (on the same account) on an illiquid market, something I had done for no other reason than boredom to pass 3 or 4 minutes randomly on an afternoon.  I don't see why Blatch didn't get a warning for the two 5k 1.01 transfers in the same day into his personal account.

Arbboy deserves a huge amount of credit, not necessarily for exposing the grim, but for being forthright, honest, and well-informed, and putting up with a lot of nonsense posts.

I don't think Blatch will be able to get that much money back, or even a significant chunk of it.  Sad to see the investors lose, and hopefully it will be a long time before there is another footsoldiers or Blatch investment 'scheme' to make people money.   Good luck to all.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:19:11 PM by djsunset » Logged
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 20, 2010, 07:19:46 PM »

tips for betting on big brother on betfair plz djsunset
adammarkpreston

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 20, 2010, 07:38:41 PM »

I still cant get my head round why people are not questioning where all the recent money has gone to that he has received since the last £300 deposited into the Betfair account, totally amazes me that would be my number one question WHERE HAS THIS MONEY GONE TO?

Also why on earth has no one called the police i would suggest each and every one of you who have invested in him to get on the phone to them, its the only way you will find out where he has put the money before he has chance to get away with it all. Id put my money on it he will get out the country as quickly as possible, and before people say no he wont hes lost it all well he hasn't do the figures from the spreadsheet look how much he has had transferred to him since his last deposit into Betfair and work out the maths

THE POLICE HAVE BEEN INFORMED!!!
I would suggest that nobody comes on here and makes statements like "why hasnt this been done? what dont you do that?" if you havent actually read through the whole thread to see what has and hasnt been done!

Ive read through it all and he would be arrested allready for it if the police had been informed
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 20, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »

Kellster is a member of the facebook group...

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1298 on: June 20, 2010, 07:42:22 PM »

Kellster is a member of the facebook group...

That is pure comedy, he is probably there thinking its a grimming advice group
adammarkpreston

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 20, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »

Actually the police wouldnt be a good idea, they wouldnt understand what he had done at all the main fact is where has the money that he recieved after his last deposit of £300 gone to?
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 20, 2010, 07:43:29 PM »

I still cant get my head round why people are not questioning where all the recent money has gone to that he has received since the last £300 deposited into the Betfair account, totally amazes me that would be my number one question WHERE HAS THIS MONEY GONE TO?

Also why on earth has no one called the police i would suggest each and every one of you who have invested in him to get on the phone to them, its the only way you will find out where he has put the money before he has chance to get away with it all. Id put my money on it he will get out the country as quickly as possible, and before people say no he wont hes lost it all well he hasn't do the figures from the spreadsheet look how much he has had transferred to him since his last deposit into Betfair and work out the maths

I would suggest that nobody comes on here and makes statements like "why hasnt this been done? what dont you do that?" if you havent actually read through the whole thread to see what has and hasnt been done!

Ive read through it all and he would be arrested allready for it if the police had been informed

This isn't an episode of Starsky and Hutch.

The real world doesn't work like that

The only way anthing will happen immediately is if Neil walks into a police station.

Otherwise it will take weeks or months before anything happens.

The con is finished, he isn't likely to reoffend and he isn't a danger to himself or others.

And it's an extremely complex case.

Difficult as it is to stomach this will be treated as a very low priority

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 20, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »

Well the person who reported it is lying then!

Or it may be the case that Betfair are investigating the accounts and will inform the police upon finishing their investigations so the police can take matters further.

Police dont just go round arresting people straight away just cos sumbody has reported an offence LOL

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 20, 2010, 07:45:09 PM »

yes i know.  I was thinking regarding the karry finlay stuff that legal people just dont understand bf and betting at all.  How finlay got banned is still beyond me when he was only laying to leverage a bigger price effectively on his back which was much bigger.  If legal teams cant see that then this is 100 times from complicated.

Remember the Fallon/Williams/Lynch etc trial?

The lawyers and police worked on that case for well over a year.

And still didn't understand the first thing about gambling/trading on betfair.

And you would have thought they would be pretty bright guys.

Joe Average just wouldn't understand.

Spot on and the reason that the CPS might be reluctant to proceed IMO.    The Finlay case has proven that even the racing authorities don't get it and it is their job to.  One thing I think is worth pointing out is that the fact that the money has gone and this was probably a big con from the begining doesn't mean that anyone has been stupid or that Blatch wasn't a talented sports punter etc.  As Keith has said he sounded like he knew what he was doing but that is worthless without good bankroll management and discipline.  Mark (arbboy) discussed his issues with me on this a couple of weeks ago and, whilst I shared Keith and Triggs dislike for the hubris associated with it all it wasn't anything like clear that this was what it turned out to be.  George and Cos sounds like a really top blokes and I think all of our first reactions when they first walk back into a cardroom should be to buy them a beer.

One other thing - if anything this should show up the idolisation of a "balla" lifestyle for what it is.  Anyone that thinks that gambling for a living is a glamourous lifestyle is wrong.  It can be well paid but it is stressful, hard work and, in many cases, you end up spending massive amounts of times poring over spreadsheets or in cardrooms with overweight, sweaty middle aged males and neglecting your family in order to earn a living.  If you think betting for a living is something worth pursuing forget about Blatch, Phil Ivey or any of the "ballas" and instead go to the search section of this website and read some of Stuart Rutters posts.  He is an example of what the you should aspire to.  

Great post Stuart

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Cottonbud

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 20, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »

I didn't really want to mention this but as it was so close to nearly happening I feel I should enlighten people. Blatch had a 'borrowed' 10% in all WSOP events that he had played this was in my friend and fellow forum member Christopher "Nigdawg" Brammer. Chris trustingly let Blatch have the 10% of him on the grouds he would pay him once he arrived in Vegas in July. I instantly thought this was shady and said to Chris you should get the money 1st otherwise he is freerolling you. Chris was convinced he was trust worthy and so I just let him do his own thing. Last week Chris was Chipleader in the $1k NLHE event with 15 players left, 1st prize was something like $480k Chris ended up only coming 14th in the end, had he won you guys would of never realised this was a scam as blatch would of made $48k and could of claimed a smaller loss than actually the one he had. Its so sick when you think about how bad Neil had got himself in this deep, but I say this in a strange way because I obviously wanted Chris to win, but its luckily he didn't because otherwise the truth wouldn't of been found out. I hope Blatch sorts himself out and is man enough to be responsible for his actions. What he has done to these trusting people of Blonde is a disgrace and I guess the moral of the story is trust no-one!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 20, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »

Here's another important part I've discovered.

29th September. Blatch talks about betting on the Liverpool game (against Fiorentina) and says, "I didnt trust myself today and bottle doing the Liverpool game but deep down knew they would drift.  They went from evens to 2.3 and back in to 2.2, could have made a nice sum." (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1054166#msg1054166).

In fact, the spreadsheet says he had already bet £3,000 @ 2.00 on Liverpool to win that morning before laying them for £2,200 at 2.2 just under an hour before kick-off and bizarrely laying £8 @ 46's 25 minutes into the game... He drops £792 as a result when Liverpool don't win.

Needless to say, he did not mention this bet or the fact he loses £4,168.44 when Inter Milan fail to beat Rubin Kazan the same night.

He also loses £4,000 when he backs Sheffield Utd against Ipswich and a further £2,391.87 the next night when Newcastle fail to beat QPR at home. None of these bets are shown to be laid off and the loss over the two nights is a staggering £11,352.31. He had made £9711.71 so far however which means he has only £1,640.60 less than what the investors have put in. Obviously he does not mention any of this.

Meanwhile everyone on the thread is talking about how the Everton vs Bate game is a perfect one to trade on. People are very excited that Blatch can pull out a big result but he posts that he only made £272 from the game. (http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=43354.msg1056051#msg1056051). The reality? He stopped trading on the account until the 18th October after the debacle of losing over £11,000 in two nights, he never bet on the game.

This is where I am at the moment. I'll keep trawling through but post stuff straight away that is obviously very important.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: