blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:24:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 510152 times)
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: June 20, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

Guys, some of you seem to be transfering your anger towards Arbboy bacuase he was right but a little rude. Give the guy a break he was trying to do many of you a favour and it wasnt easy when there was still so much trust in Blatch amongst the invetsors. As someone once said' you have to throw a stone to get the pool to ripple' and by making the point over and over it did finally get through.

Its not a point scoring excercise either way, he doesnt need to tell everyone he was right but its unfair to tell him he was rude when he had to be at times to get the message across.

I just think he is a little classless mate.

He is still going on about how great he was/is.

I know arrboy from online poker and tbh think he is a real nasty sort, i could say some of the things he has said to me and others in the chat box, but i don't want to throw stones as you put it.

By the way i normally agree with every post you make on here bobby, it's phil right?

You talk a great deal of sense and always seem to strike the right balance with yr posts.

Maybe it's just cos i 'know' arrboy from before, i just think he goes about things the wrong way, but i'll leave it alone.
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 20, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »

GEORGE -

after your conversation this morning has anything he told you then since turned out to be lies due to things being posted on this thread? odds on a yes imo
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:23 PM »

Nico29

Re: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
« Reply #1264 on: Today at 04:34:50 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: arbboy on Today at 04:29:24 PM
one of the top traders in the whole of the UK

orly?

just to clear this up i am no where near one of the top traders in the uk volume wise.  My bankroll is no where near big enough for anyone to claim this.  However i make a decent living out of it.

Wow you sounded down to earth for once.

Just a tip arrboy, when u r quoting just hit reply then scroll down and click on the 'insert quote' button, u don't need to copy and paste. Oh and obv write your input under the (quote) bit.

Also you can just hit quote on the person's actual post which will get you to the reply bit, simples.

Just looks nicer and is easier to read

Nico i dont want to be down to earth or arrogant - all along all my posts have been is 100% factual.  Like someone who posted on the bf forum said arbboy is hardly a hero he has simply pointed something out that was pretty obvious to most people.  I am not trying to give it the big one or make a name for myself.  I have no need to do that.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:45 PM »

keith - i dont know you personally but i know SD very well who in turn knows you very well.  Cases of betting shop theft of amounts 10 times smaller than this make the press.  If the police have been called i just dont see how it is at all possible that this doesnt go to court and make the mainstream press.  Its all over the internet in a couple of days.  

Sighmuns - No one stated as many different doubts/flaws in his story in such detail as i did.  Its probably the reason why new posters who have no involvement with blonde and the old blatch 'clique' are agreeing with me.  Not sure how being annoying and crude is a problem when i was correct in highlighting a guy who has grimmed a lot of naive people out of a 6 figure sum.

As stated about 50 times by various people including the mods, this was being investigated already. Nice ego though.

Also it wasn't what you were saying that was the issue it was how you said it (again this has already been said about 50 times). I don't know how many times these points needs to be repeated to you for you to get them. I'm sure this will cue a reply from you saying how you saved us all from millions more being grimmed etc etc followed by many new posters with under 20 posts saying how great you are but w/e.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 20, 2010, 05:53:13 PM »

Nico29

Re: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
« Reply #1264 on: Today at 04:34:50 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: arbboy on Today at 04:29:24 PM
one of the top traders in the whole of the UK

orly?

just to clear this up i am no where near one of the top traders in the uk volume wise.  My bankroll is no where near big enough for anyone to claim this.  However i make a decent living out of it.

Wow you sounded down to earth for once.

Just a tip arrboy, when u r quoting just hit reply then scroll down and click on the 'insert quote' button, u don't need to copy and paste. Oh and obv write your input under the (quote) bit.

Also you can just hit quote on the person's actual post which will get you to the reply bit, simples.

Just looks nicer and is easier to read

Nico i dont want to be down to earth or arrogant - all along all my posts have been is 100% factual.  Like someone who posted on the bf forum said arbboy is hardly a hero he has simply pointed something out that was pretty obvious to most people.  I am not trying to give it the big one or make a name for myself.  I have no need to do that.

Just try the quote thing, Smiley
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 20, 2010, 05:55:37 PM »

Im gone off Biatch's Facebook Smiley

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 20, 2010, 05:56:58 PM »

Guys, some of you seem to be transferring your anger towards Abby because he was right but a little rude. Give the guy a break he was trying to do many of you a favour and it wasn't easy when there was still so much trust in Blatch amongst the investors. As someone once said' you have to throw a stone to get the pool to ripple' and by making the point over and over it did finally get through.

Its not a point scoring exercises either way, he doesn't need to tell everyone he was right but its unfair to tell him he was rude when he had to be at times to get the message across.

I know arrboy from online poker and tbh think he is a real nasty sort, i could say some of the things he has said to me and others in the chat box, but i don't want to throw stones as you put it.

By the way i normally agree with every post you make on here bobby, it's phil right?

You talk a great deal of sense and always seem to strike the right balance with yr posts.

Maybe it's just cos i 'know' arrboy from before, i just think he goes about things the wrong way, but I'll leave it alone.

Hi Nico, it is Phil. I understrand where you are coming from and I don't think its unusual to dislike they way the points were put across and made but some people are more detached than the investors are but can fully understand the ire towards Arbboy at the start. I just think its better to accept that this deception might have gone on a little longer if the thread hadn't taken the turn it did because Blatch would have done as he did before and admitted in his post today, laughed a little and made a joke of the claims by Arbboy. The result of the thread becoming repetitive and a little highly charged was that the next set of investors and maybe people lined up to provide funds for Vegas and poker didn't get scammed.

ps, i must learn to spell check before posting!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 05:59:55 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 20, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »

A question that has been bothering me...

It seems that he obviously dumped money to another account. To those who know betfair well, how easy or hard is it to have two betfair accounts? Is one of these accounts likely to have been in brother/mother/sister's name? I only ask because when I worked full time for a poker mag we had a readers promotion with betfair that involved us having to play on the site, my screname contained the name of a poker magazine that i'd previously worked for, so I had to change this, the only way this was possible was for me - via customer service - to close the active account and set up a new one. Do Betfair commonly allow big punters to have multiple accounts?

Secondly has anyone who has gone thru the spreadsheet established if he always dumped to the same account and which account this was? I confess that i obviously don't know how betfair works that well.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 20, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »

Guys, some of you seem to be transfering your anger towards Arbboy bacuase he was right but a little rude. Give the guy a break he was trying to do many of you a favour and it wasnt easy when there was still so much trust in Blatch amongst the invetsors. As someone once said' you have to throw a stone to get the pool to ripple' and by making the point over and over it did finally get through.

Its not a point scoring excercise either way, he doesnt need to tell everyone he was right but its unfair to tell him he was rude when he had to be at times to get the message across.

Maybe it's just cos i 'know' arrboy from before, i just think he goes about things the wrong way, but i'll leave it alone.

Hi Nico, it is Phil. I understrand where you are coming from and I don't think its unusual to dislike they way the points were put across and made but some people are more detatched than the investors are but can fully understand the irie towards Arbboy at the start. I just think its better to accept that this deception might have gone on a little longer if the thread hadnt taken the turn it did because Blatch would have done as he did before and admitted in his post today, laughed a little and made a joke of the claims by Arbboy. The result of the thread becomming repetitive and a little highly charged was that the next set of investors and maybe people lined up to provide funds for Vegas and poker didnt get scammed.

Yep gotta agree with you there. I did say to arrboy that he did very well in stopping even more ppl getting grimmed, i just think he cannot ever GIQ.

I guess i just don't like the bloke and the way he approaches things.

Like i said though i will leave it now, Smiley
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 20, 2010, 06:05:18 PM »

It seems that he obviously dumped money to another account. To those who know betfair well, how easy or hard is it to have two betfair accounts? Is one of these accounts likely to have been in brother/mother/sister's name? I only ask because when I worked full time for a poker mag we had a readers promotion with betfair that involved us having to play on the site, my screname contained the name of a poker magazine that i'd previously worked for, so I had to change this, the only way this was possible was for me - via customer service - to close the active account and set up a new one. Do Betfair commonly allow big punters to have multiple accounts?

Secondly has anyone who has gone thru the spreadsheet established if he always dumped to the same account and which account this was? I confess that i obviously don't know how betfair works that well.

You simply have to use a different method of depositing to open another account.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 20, 2010, 06:07:34 PM »

Yeah you can have more than one betfair account, but they may close one eventually, doesn't ness seem that betfair have a consistent policy on this.

Some ppl i know have 2/3, some have had 1 or more closed due to multiple accounts, i guess it may all be about not abusing it.

I use betfair constantly, it's easy to ship money from one account to another if you know what you are doing (i don't do this), i suspect he was constantly doing this.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 20, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »

Yeah you can have more than one betfair account, but they may close one eventually, doesn't ness seem that betfair have a consistent policy on this.

Some ppl i know have 2/3, some have had 1 or more closed due to multiple accounts, i guess it may all be about not abusing it.

I use betfair constantly, it's easy to ship money from one account to another if you know what you are doing (i don't do this), i suspect he was constantly doing this.

You can also use the funds in the account to play poker on BF which opens up many avenues.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
piemaster
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 20, 2010, 06:11:09 PM »

Not sure where this info about not being allowed multiple accounts on Betfair comes from.  I have two accounts, and Betfair CS actually told me to set up the second one.  I had originally asked if they could divide my account into two 'wallets', but they told me that wasn't possible and to just set up another account instead.  Since then when on the phone to Betfair I have mentioned my multiple accounts several times and it has never been questioned.
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 20, 2010, 06:15:39 PM »

Not sure where this info about not being allowed multiple accounts on Betfair comes from.  I have two accounts, and Betfair CS actually told me to set up the second one.  I had originally asked if they could divide my account into two 'wallets', but they told me that wasn't possible and to just set up another account instead.  Since then when on the phone to Betfair I have mentioned my multiple accounts several times and it has never been questioned.

Like i say i think it's down to not abusing it. If you are constantly switching btwn accounts, perhaps even in other ppls name on the same IP or something, then basically it wld/shld become a clear security issue.

Shame that betfair perhaps didn't see possible dumping/laundering between his accounts, you'd hope they'd have security for this, perhaps they turn a blind eye on occasion, or it just slips thru the net sometimes.
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 20, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »

Ok cool, seems it's pretty common to be allowerd more than one account on Betfair, something I didn't realise. Ty also to the person who pm'd me to clear up my second query, appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: