blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:56:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 507762 times)
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »

Guys,

I just want to say I had abso nothing to do with this. I've had a couple of people ask if I was involved and you probably don't give a shit because you've all lost money but I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I would have advised him to post up the mistake rather than go chasing.

I spoke to Neil a couple of days ago and he assured me he still had the money- money I think a lot of us were relying on for different things.

This is why I was defending him so much on this very thread from arrboy. I'm not going to leave him out to dry. Despite what he's done he is still a friend but obviously it's going to take a while to repair the damage he has done.

I wouldn't defend him too much, he told me you were paying for his Vegas trip and knew about his temporary bustoness.

George never knew any of this , however George had paid for my flight and accomodation.

Yes but thats not what you told me, don't fuckin start windin me up by responding to minor details like that when you owe me $2k and others more.
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »

I really wanted to PM everyone before it came public but due to the 15 pm per hour this wasnt possible.

I wont post my PM here but I will try to answer questions and not hide from this anymore.

The problems started with the Stoke vs Liverpool game.  I placed the first part of the trade Friday night and didnt wake up in time, whether I slept through my alarm or didnt set it right I dont know but when I woke up Liverpool were 1 up.  I had to decide whether to let it ride or trade out and save around 15-20% of the fund.  I then got a bit back and and tried to keep going and then it happened again in a Man City vs Stoke game.  I was away at a poker comp with 2 friends and placed a trade before and was late for the start of the comp and started playing the comp and totally forgot about the game kicking off later.

I have emailed betfair to get a full account hisory for anyone to see.

Its weird that it not only happened once but twice, i dont no about you but if i had 50-80k tied up in a trade i wouldnt just be setting 1 alarm, id be having like 4 or 5 alarms. Then just 'forgetting' about it the 2nd time seems very irresponsible.

I dont think you could ever forget about something as big or as much as that but i duno 

I hope you all get paid back ASAP.

I'd recommend that people who have lost money request that Blatch put his pen where his mouth is and sign legally binding IOU notes.

No reason to trust him after all this, if he truly intends to pay you back then he should have no problem doing such a thing.

sorry tank.  aint worth the paper its written on. Not even worth the cash for small claims court!  As for paying people back.  whats he going to do get a mortage?  HE aint even got a job!

I would like an answer to a simple question. Why take cash after the initial loss? 

So he could go to Florida ldo.

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 18, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »

Guys,

I just want to say I had abso nothing to do with this. I've had a couple of people ask if I was involved and you probably don't give a shit because you've all lost money but I had absolutely no idea what was going on. I would have advised him to post up the mistake rather than go chasing.

I spoke to Neil a couple of days ago and he assured me he still had the money- money I think a lot of us were relying on for different things.

This is why I was defending him so much on this very thread from arrboy. I'm not going to leave him out to dry. Despite what he's done he is still a friend but obviously it's going to take a while to repair the damage he has done.

I wouldn't defend him too much, he told me you were paying for his Vegas trip and knew about his temporary bustoness.

I knew he was struggling for cash but he assured me had money secured in Vegas.

I had no idea what was happening with this account

Yeah I believe you, he told me had $30k waiting over there from people who owed him
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2010, 06:58:35 PM »

We need an auditor (that understands Betfair, arbing and betting in general) to comb over the account.  Someone like Chompy (sorry mate!) who doesn't have a shilling in (I don't think) that can probe for evidence of what happened.

Some people don't seem to understand that if the fund was being "borrowed" to trade IR, it could have been successful many times over.  Then with a Liverpool lay going tits up with 15 minutes to go, it suddenly becomes a "sleep in".

I don't know which version is true, but a decent audit gets rid of the speculation.  There shouldn't be any money in play IR on the account.  If this truly was a tragic accident, it obv hasn't been dealt with very well, but at least we will know what we are dealing with.  

Some questions:

1. How many times in the season was money in play IR?

After having the initial loss, I did use the account in running sometimes to try to get some of the previous losy money back

2. Was the Florida holiday an attempt to recoup the losses?

The holiday in Florida I didnt pay for.  My sister was taking her family and there was a spare room in the Villa.  The flight was a birthday and xmas present.  All I paid was spending money which came to aroudn 600.

3. What happens to the WSOP stake?

Sadly this has gone too but I will certainly include this when I try to repay all the money.

4. Detailed breakdown of the cashouts?

There were no cash outs at all from the account.  I did however make extra additions to the account whenever I had a bit of spare money.  I tried to put any extra money I had in the account to help get the account back to the level it should have been at.

5. What evidence is there to contravene the contention that the sudden downswing was a 'paper trade' downswing designed to reduce the account balance?

Not sure what you mean here

Some follow up questions:

In 1. above, ok there are IR trades when you are scrambling to get out of it, but are there any IR trades before Liv v Stoke?  If there were, where did the proceeds go?

[For Cos, yes I will help with the time checking sure, PM me after the Eng game]

The reason for drilling deeper here is the bit that I think most don't seem to understand.  We need to establish if there were a series of trades where you were "buying money" for yourself by putting the fund in play IR and taking the proceeeds, and the Liv v Stoke game was the LAST game, where you tried your luck one too many times OR it was the first time money was IR and it was your mistake.

There's a world of difference between the two.

in 5. above, what I am asking is that it is possible the losses could have been accounted for by posting a series of losses (80k's worth at a guess) which leaves your account empty, but clean.  If in fact those trades didn't exist, then either this is exactly what you were trying to do, or you were continuing to rack up your own personal exposure from any successful trades with a view to somehow getting the money back before settlement time.  Reporting ficticious trades is usually not a good thing.

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 18, 2010, 06:59:11 PM »

I'd recommend that people who have lost money request that Blatch put his pen where his mouth is and sign legally binding IOU notes.

No reason to trust him after all this, if he truly intends to pay you back then he should have no problem doing such a thing.

sorry tank.  aint worth the paper its written on. Not even worth the cash for small claims court!  As for paying people back.  whats he going to do get a mortage?  HE aint even got a job!

I would like an answer to a simple question.  Why take cash after the initial loss? 

Cos I was stupid and saw it as the only way to get other money back.

I wasnt thinking straight and obviously got it all horribly wrong but I didnt see that back then.
arbgirl
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 18, 2010, 07:03:23 PM »

Hi Guys - ARBBOY here on gf's account

I am totally in shock regarding this and still not 100% certain its not a wind up to suck me back in.  I am going to be classy about this even though i could easily expect a zillion sorry's from everyone on here.  Quite surprising given how i was told how unclassy i was pretty much everything i said has happened and more in a 'Barings Bank' disaster.  When people say i am a random i would have thought u would realise that i play all major uk poker events and several people have confirmed that i have been a pro punter/bookmaker for 10 years.  Its not like most of you havent come across me.  I dont think anyone who knows me well didnt totally agree with everything i was saying.  I can smell a rat a mile away in this game and the longer Blatch stalled on his answers the most obvious something like this was brewing.  I had no idea it was of this level.  I feel so sorry for everyone involved genuinely as i said before in previous posts things like this are not good for my business 'gambling'.  Its my livelihood as it is many peoples on here.  Things like this happening are a lose/lose for everyone.  Even someone like me who could easily say 'i told you so etc etc'.  

I would expect my forum rights to be restored as the only reason i kept banging on about this was for the fear something like this could happen.  I know i was repeating myself but the bottom line is i have been proved right although i dont get any satisfaction at all from it.  I will come into contact with most of you at DTD/gukpts etc etc on a monthly basis and i would appreciate it if no one ever brings this up and needles me either in a positive or negative way.  Its an awful situation for everyone if its 100% genuine and not a wind up.  I think the thread has gone on long enough now today for it to be serious.  I am a chartered accountant by trade with experience in auditing during my training.  The guy that suggested an audit of the account would probably find me to be the best qualified person to do this although i wouldnt really want to tbh.  I doubt anyone would want me to giving the previous threads but anyone who knows me knows i am 100% professional and if you guys did want me to do it i probably would.  Its up to you.

I dont really know what else to say.  Blatch it was never ever personal mate whatever you choose to think regarding the investment fund.  The wind up at dtd was different and maybe wrong.  However all the conerns i made on here were genuine regarding people investing real cash and their rights.  All the best in the future and i hope you can repay everyone although relaistically i am not sure how possible that will be in the short/medium term if ever.

See you around guys at dtd and elsewhere
MArk Wilson (arbboy)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 18, 2010, 07:05:46 PM »

I cant take this thread serious. Is it to wind up that kid arddy or summat?

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 18, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »

We need an auditor (that understands Betfair, arbing and betting in general) to comb over the account.  Someone like Chompy (sorry mate!) who doesn't have a shilling in (I don't think) that can probe for evidence of what happened.

Some people don't seem to understand that if the fund was being "borrowed" to trade IR, it could have been successful many times over.  Then with a Liverpool lay going tits up with 15 minutes to go, it suddenly becomes a "sleep in".

I don't know which version is true, but a decent audit gets rid of the speculation.  There shouldn't be any money in play IR on the account.  If this truly was a tragic accident, it obv hasn't been dealt with very well, but at least we will know what we are dealing with.  

Some questions:

1. How many times in the season was money in play IR?

After having the initial loss, I did use the account in running sometimes to try to get some of the previous losy money back

2. Was the Florida holiday an attempt to recoup the losses?

The holiday in Florida I didnt pay for.  My sister was taking her family and there was a spare room in the Villa.  The flight was a birthday and xmas present.  All I paid was spending money which came to aroudn 600.

3. What happens to the WSOP stake?

Sadly this has gone too but I will certainly include this when I try to repay all the money.

4. Detailed breakdown of the cashouts?

There were no cash outs at all from the account.  I did however make extra additions to the account whenever I had a bit of spare money.  I tried to put any extra money I had in the account to help get the account back to the level it should have been at.

5. What evidence is there to contravene the contention that the sudden downswing was a 'paper trade' downswing designed to reduce the account balance?

Not sure what you mean here

Some follow up questions:

In 1. above, ok there are IR trades when you are scrambling to get out of it, but are there any IR trades before Liv v Stoke?  If there were, where did the proceeds go?

[For Cos, yes I will help with the time checking sure, PM me after the Eng game]

The reason for drilling deeper here is the bit that I think most don't seem to understand.  We need to establish if there were a series of trades where you were "buying money" for yourself by putting the fund in play IR and taking the proceeeds, and the Liv v Stoke game was the LAST game, where you tried your luck one too many times OR it was the first time money was IR and it was your mistake.

There's a world of difference between the two.

in 5. above, what I am asking is that it is possible the losses could have been accounted for by posting a series of losses (80k's worth at a guess) which leaves your account empty, but clean.  If in fact those trades didn't exist, then either this is exactly what you were trying to do, or you were continuing to rack up your own personal exposure from any successful trades with a view to somehow getting the money back before settlement time.  Reporting ficticious trades is usually not a good thing.

Im pretty certaint there was nothing IR in the account before that game.  If there was then any money made from this the money stayed in the account.  After this game all profit stayed in the account and I simply tried to get the account back to what it was.

I never took money out of the account apart from once.  This was for an investor who no longer wanted to stay in, due to personal circumstances.  Im not 100% certaint but I think this was before the Liverpool vs Stoke game.

Im still not 100% certain what your asking in 5 but yes some of the losses werent infactual truth.  It was to reduce the account balance and therefore I had to win less back.  I know this whole thing is one serious mess up and I really want to turn this round and get people their money back.

Once things started going wrong it was a horrible slippery slope.  In my mind, depsite what the betfair balance was, I knew I owed out around 70k to people and basically whatever was in my bank account, my own betfair account and the londe betfair account would all be combined together to pay this amount out.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 18, 2010, 07:07:04 PM »

I am totally in shock regarding this and still not 100% certain its not a wind up to suck me back in.  I am going to be classy about this even though i could easily expect a zillion sorry's from everyone on here.  Quite surprising given how i was told how unclassy i was pretty much everything i said has happened and more in a 'Barings Bank' disaster.  When people say i am a random i would have thought u would realise that i play all major uk poker events and several people have confirmed that i have been a pro punter/bookmaker for 10 years.  Its not like most of you havent come across me.  I dont think anyone who knows me well didnt totally agree with everything i was saying.  I can smell a rat a mile away in this game and the longer Blatch stalled on his answers the most obvious something like this was brewing.  I had no idea it was of this level.  I feel so sorry for everyone involved genuinely as i said before in previous posts things like this are not good for my business 'gambling'.  Its my livelihood as it is many peoples on here.  Things like this happening are a lose/lose for everyone.  Even someone like me who could easily say 'i told you so etc etc'.  

I would expect my forum rights to be restored as the only reason i kept banging on about this was for the fear something like this could happen.  I know i was repeating myself but the bottom line is i have been proved right although i dont get any satisfaction at all from it.  I will come into contact with most of you at DTD/gukpts etc etc on a monthly basis and i would appreciate it if no one ever brings this up and needles me either in a positive or negative way.  Its an awful situation for everyone if its 100% genuine and not a wind up.  I think the thread has gone on long enough now today for it to be serious.  I am a chartered accountant by trade with experience in auditing during my training.  The guy that suggested an audit of the account would probably find me to be the best qualified person to do this although i wouldnt really want to tbh.  I doubt anyone would want me to giving the previous threads but anyone who knows me knows i am 100% professional and if you guys did want me to do it i probably would.  Its up to you.

I dont really know what else to say.  Blatch it was never ever personal mate whatever you choose to think regarding the investment fund.  The wind up at dtd was different and maybe wrong.  However all the conerns i made on here were genuine regarding people investing real cash and their rights.  All the best in the future and i hope you can repay everyone although relaistically i am not sure how possible that will be in the short/medium term if ever.

MArk Wilson (arbboy)

Think you broke the forum rules there fella

Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 18, 2010, 07:07:13 PM »

Blatch you have always implied or laid claims to a somewhat "balla" status but now claim you have no assets other than a little car and clearly no funds at hand to make any size of a downpayment to the investors?

So all these claims were fiction?

I understand these are slightly personal questions but I would guess most people invested in this scheme on the back of that image you had and in you yourself rather than actually knowing and fully understanding what you were going to be doing/how you would be doing it etc.
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 18, 2010, 07:08:15 PM »

MArk Wilson (arbboy)

Forgive me for being skeptical here but you came out of the woodwork just before Blatch owns up to being busto and now hinting at viewing the account.  I do not know your or blatch in person and i am not trying to question your integrity but considering whats happened i can't help it.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 18, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »

I am going to be classy about this...

[ X ] Epic fail.

You weren't classy then, and you aren't now.  The fact that you are up to speed on betfair isn't how class is measured.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 18, 2010, 07:15:35 PM »

Blatch you have always implied or laid claims to a somewhat "balla" status but now claim you have no assets other than a little car and clearly no funds at hand to make any size of a downpayment to the investors?

I understand these are slightly personal questions but I would guess most people invested in this scheme on the back of that image you had and in you yourself rather than actually knowing and fully understanding what you were going to be doing/how you would be doing it etc.

Walter Mitty syndrome imo

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
arbgirl
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 18, 2010, 07:16:46 PM »

I dont want to say anymore on the matter but i will answer that point.  The only reason i ever got involved in the first place was to ask why blatch had missed the biggest gamble of the world cup.  Timing of this is totally coincidental and i can 150% gtd that i had no involvement in the fund or have ever even spoken to blatch apart from the 'needle' in the cash game a year or so ago at dtd which was nothing to do with this because this fund hadnt even started.
a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 18, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »

Walter Mitty syndrome imo

I'm not sure if its ethical or not to post pm's but Blatch also said to me here was completeing on a house recently so im guessing that was a lie too.  

'If you need it early still when I do withdraw once I know the final total ill see if I have enough spare cash floating around to send straight away out of my account and ill keep your share when it clears.

Sadly cant do that at mo as hoping to complete on a house very soon.'

Honestly i feel for the guy, no one wants to be in his shoes, but i also understand its all his own doing.  Its the gamblers mentality to chase.  But saying that I still think everything needs to be out in the open here hence posting this pm. mods please delete if its wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: