blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 12:59:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 507840 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #480 on: June 18, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »

I felt sorry for Blatch when this thread started because I was under the assumption that his losses were ring fenced to the original staking account, but the fact that he was taking additional stakers last week plus the Vegas staking thread all makes this pure grimming and about the worst I've seen. I'm not expecting my money back, there are plenty of other people who had more invested financially and personally who I would prefer to see get it before I do, but I will probably never invest in another staking thread again after this, it was such a shocker.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 18, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »

Reading between the lines grimmer was busto when set  up this staking thread and was using it as personal bankroll.

Text book living beyond means and an epic grim.

going on holiday, throwing wads of twenties at the roulette wheel and setting up a 2nd grim all whilst in a 70k hole, smacks of arrogance beyond belief.

someone should call the police as the 2nd grim is fraud .

this line gives me chills

Blatch, please can you come on here and explain what happened to your own personal roll during this time?

How much were you trading from?

where is it now?

are you prepared to show a 3rd party your own personal account trading over the same time period?

I am starting to feel worse about this.

I usually kept £5k in my account and the rest in my bank account.  My oerosnal bank roll has gone as well as I tried to spin this up to cover the loses in the other account.  Towards the end i also thought them as the same until I had enough to cover the blonde money.

I think its quite obvious I have a problem and will certainly be getting help for it.  Sadly I though I could get myself out of a hole and I couldnt, it created a snowball effect and made things so much worse.  I stupidly thought I could still get out of it and it got the point where I just couldnt keep up the lies and had to come clean.

I dont get this Blatch

You were trading off of 5k - and that sustained your life style? You had no other net worth?

The numbers are starting to get really out of whack for me and it is starting to make less and less sense

So you did 50k (in the accident) and had circa 15k left? Well thats still a role, put your 5k in, play the game, get it back to 50k and you are someting close to break even at the end of the season, and a 50k cock up has cost you 5k personally? That would seem like a result to me?

Is that not the way to look at it? I dont know anything about BF trading? How did this turn into you doing 90k of other peoples money

Also how did you fund your lifestyle on a 5k roll?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 18, 2010, 10:38:02 PM »

Just looking at the spreadsheet

on the 21st Jan you had 2 bets

5k on  cricket and 5k on golf

These were both 1.01 shots which both lost.

Were you just going to pocket the profit from the 1.01 back?

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: June 18, 2010, 10:40:23 PM »

I'm struggling to get my head around this whole thing but here's my thoughts...

From what I can gather I think everyone owes arbboy an apology, as his suspicion seems to be the main reason this got exposed. Obviously it was nativity more than anything else why arguments came up in the first place, but thankfully the truth has come out as a result.

I played the GUKPT main event last May, and ended up sitting to the direct left of Blatch, who was to the direct left of George. It was one of the funnest times I've had at a table because of the banter that went down between us. I find it hard to believe that someone in such a big hole could act in this way, and the trip to Florida and facebook updates hardly suggested a man in personal turmoil. He also complained very convincingly about being grimmed himself to the tune of ~$5k. Perhaps it was all just a front/act, but it was a bloody good one, and I seriously doubt there was any intention to come clean down the line.

I'm not sure I buy the "didn't wake up" story, it's obvious there have been so many stories over recent months that it is hard to decipher what statements that are made have any truth attached to them.

On top of all this the WSOP staking grim is just beyond despicable, as is any taking of money after the initial cock-up/grim.

I'm lucky that in both cases I didn't invest too much, but obviously others have incurred much worse losses and I can only sympathise.

Edit: Just looked through my phone and I got a text on 2nd Dec 09 asking if I wanted any action on a £5k stake for a PLO game at DTD. This pre-dates Liverpool vs Stoke, but just makes you wonder...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:51:45 PM by MC » Logged

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 18, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »

It's pretty sick to think every single trade from the very beginning could have been fiction. Aftertiming on games where the price has shifted and reporting the result as if it had all been forseen. Faking a gigantic winnning streak that would eventually bring in a lot more moneys from investors.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:16 PM »

From what I can gather I think everyone owes arbboy an apology, as his suspicion seems to be the main reason this got exposed

i was gonna be posting 'where's my money' all over the internet on monday or tuesday fwiw. actually felt bad PMing him asking where it was Sad

how to explain this to friends/family without coming across as a huge mug...

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 18, 2010, 10:45:23 PM »

I'm struggling to get my head around this whole thing but here's my thoughts...

From what I can gather I think everyone owes arbboy an apology, as his suspicion seems to be the main reason this got exposed. Obviously it was nativity more than anything else why arguments came up in the first place, but thankfully the truth has come out as a result.

I played the GUKPT main event last March, and ended up sitting to the direct left of Blatch, who was to the direct left of George. It was one of the funnest times I've had at a table because of the banter that went down between us. I find it hard to believe that someone in such a big hole could act in this way, and the trip to Florida and facebook updates hardly suggested a man in personal turmoil. He also complained very convincingly about being grimmed himself to the tune of ~$5k. Perhaps it was all just a front/act, but it was a bloody good one, and I seriously doubt there was any intention to come clean down the line.

I'm not sure I buy the "didn't wake up" story, it's obvious there have been so many stories over recent months that it is hard to decipher what statements that are made have any truth attached to them.

On top of all this the WSOP staking grim is just beyond despicable, as is any taking of money after the initial cock-up/grim.

I'm lucky that in both cases I didn't invest too much, but obviously others have incurred much worse losses and I can only sympathise.

Edit: Just looked through my phone and I got a text on 2nd Dec 09 asking if I wanted any action on a £5k stake for a PLO game at DTD. This pre-dates Liverpool vs Stoke, but just makes you wonder...

Didn't he also go to the blonde bash with all of you guys? was he acting normal then?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 18, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »

Linux, I saw the cricket trades too, I can't believe he was able to back at 1.01 to be honest.  One was for a Bangladesh batsman to hit a 50.  He only got 13 in the innings so I'm guessing the bet was made at the start when surely the odds would have been more than 1.01.

Baron, I made the Stoke game a profit too.  In fact, I make the total footy trading figures a profit. I'm trying to work out where the descrepency lies at the moment but the sheet is huge and dragging my oldish computer down!

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 18, 2010, 10:49:45 PM »

sent spreadsheet to rooks he says looks like blatch actually won 22K on this liverpool/stoke match that he says he lost 50K on. also was betting on other stuff jan 21st as i think linux has already mentioned

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 18, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »

Hey guys I'm stuck away til monday. I'll discuss arbboy with the mods then.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 18, 2010, 10:51:12 PM »

So the stoke game where he slept in was on the 16th Jan
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/fixtures/archive/season/2009+-+2010/team/first-team

why on the 13th jan onwards was there a load of tennis bets ranging for £3 to nearly £13k

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: June 18, 2010, 10:52:02 PM »

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=48335.0

This thread seems like a sick fucking rubdown in hindsight
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 18, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »

Linux, I saw the cricket trades too, I can't believe he was able to back at 1.01 to be honest.  One was for a Bangladesh batsman to hit a 50.  He only got 13 in the innings so I'm guessing the bet was made at the start when surely the odds would have been more than 1.01.

Baron, I made the Stoke game a profit too.  In fact, I make the total footy trading figures a profit. I'm trying to work out where the descrepency lies at the moment but the sheet is huge and dragging my oldish computer down!

So he laid 1.01 with 1 hand and backed with the other ?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 18, 2010, 10:53:24 PM »

I am abs gutted for people like Dan and George who classed Blatch as a friend and who's Vegas trip has been fukd up I really am gutted for them,I can't even imagine how Cos must be feeling but he has shown a lot more class than I would have in this situation.Anyone for that matter who had any kind of serious money invested in this.People who are defending Blatch live in a different world to the world I live in,I can't believe Blatch thought it was a good idea after knocking in 70k of people's money lets take another 5k from people on blonde who class me as a friend to try and get out,this is absolutely shocking imo.I also don't believe it's even possible to sleep in until past 12 when you have 70k riding on something,this doesn't make sense at all.The fact that you then spent months pissing away money playing poker comps, going on holiday,gambling and basically doing anything other than your basic life necessities is a disgrace.

Something that is confusing me also,if the result of the game had have went differently would Blatch have won mad amounts of money,I don't understand this bit at all ? Why would you lay off the result to get 15% of the roll back, surely you would let it ride and hope to win ?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 18, 2010, 10:53:58 PM »

I played the GUKPT main event last March, and ended up sitting to the direct left of Blatch, who was to the direct left of George. It was one of the funnest times I've had at a table because of the banter that went down between us. I find it hard to believe that someone in such a big hole could act in this way, and the trip to Florida and facebook updates hardly suggested a man in personal turmoil. He also complained very convincingly about being grimmed himself to the tune of ~$5k. Perhaps it was all just a front/act, but it was a bloody good one, and I seriously doubt there was any intention to come clean down the line.

The guy is a psychopath
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: