blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:38:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 505851 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 19, 2010, 10:45:11 AM »

I was so hoping to wake up and see that this was a wind up in retaliation to Arrboy, lol how naive of me. Sickend for you all.

Me too, still can't get my head around how this can happen

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 19, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »

I have commented earlier in the thread Pete..... I'm in a pretty difficult situation so have tried not to comment too much. FWIW there is no point in me trying to decipher exactly what he's done because my knowledge of sports betting is pretty tez

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: June 19, 2010, 10:47:27 AM »

Am coming to terms that the money has been done off.  If you lost it through sleeping in, nicking it, being a mug etc they're all pretty much the same all while lying through your teeth.  Whatever happens it's gone now to the best of my knowledge.

So Blatch, what job are you going to get?  When can we look to start getting repaid?  What is the order we are going to be repaid?

treefella

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 19, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »

Dont be too hard on yourself for standing his corner George . You just proved what a good and loyal  friend you were thats all.
Being lied to and conned by one of your most trusted friends cant be nice at all and i certainly feel for you .
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 19, 2010, 10:55:27 AM »

I have commented earlier in the thread Pete..... I'm in a pretty difficult situation so have tried not to comment too much. FWIW there is no point in me trying to decipher exactly what he's done because my knowledge of sports betting is pretty tez
sorry mate must have missed it as so much to read!
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 19, 2010, 10:56:49 AM »

Am coming to terms that the money has been done off.  If you lost it through sleeping in, nicking it, being a mug etc they're all pretty much the same all while lying through your teeth.  Whatever happens it's gone now to the best of my knowledge.

So Blatch, what job are you going to get?  When can we look to start getting repaid?  What is the order we are going to be repaid?

lol you wanna buy some enron shares? this was a 100K+ fraud, doubt blatch is gonna be paying us back 50p a week from his prison cell

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 19, 2010, 10:59:20 AM »

The thing that bothers me most is how completely fooled we all were until such time that people who cashed out after the regular season didn't get paid and Blatch ran out of time.

Makes you wonder about everyone you know in the poker world. There but for the grace of God go how many?  Previous grimmings have been comedy for spectators (and even taken well by some of the grimees) but this is different and looks like it will be a serious blow to this community.

The proper scary thing is how cool he was till the very end.
He must have operated with no guilt, no sense of responsibility. You wonder what such a person could be capable of, the lengths they might go to in order to cover their tracks for a little longer. We've all read stories of gambling addicts in the states resorting to murder in order to stay in the game that little bit longer. Not saying Blatch would do this, but it sure as shit looks like he wouldn't have batted an eyelid at grimming 100k more if he could.

So disillusioned with poker right now. Too many people turn out to be scumbags.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 19, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »

Wow. Just caught up, and it's all so sad.

Like alot of people, I just knew Niel as a good and nice guy, and the thing that rattles you most is that it makes you wonder who you can trust.

It also makes you wonder alot whether this whole poker thing is worth it. The idolisation of the lifestyle is a bit sick. When so few people can be big winners, if enough people chase a lifestyle, it's always going to be dangerous.

The only positive thing is the dignity that GreekStein and others, who have been so conned and hurt, have shown; it must be awful for them, and it's incredible how they have reacted.

I have used the Staking Forum a fair bit myself, but on the back of this could I put forward a +1  for it to be taken down? Blonde is a wonderful forum, all because of its great community; that cherishes the game, discusses the game, and sees the funny side of the game. Basically, Blonde has always celebrated the sides of the game that are not so much to do with money. I don't feel Blonde would lose anything at all if the staking forum went, and so maybe it's time for it to go?
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 19, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »

I don't feel Blonde would lose anything at all if the staking forum went, and so maybe it's time for it to go?

I'm not sure the Betfair  stake was on the staking section, but this is a very sensible suggestion, and one worthy of further consideration.
(Probs not great timing to make a non-emotional decision tho).
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 19, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

The thing that bothers me most is how completely fooled we all were until such time that people who cashed out after the regular season didn't get paid and Blatch ran out of time.

Makes you wonder about everyone you know in the poker world. There but for the grace of God go how many?  Previous grimmings have been comedy for spectators (and even taken well by some of the grimees) but this is different and looks like it will be a serious blow to this community.

The proper scary thing is how cool he was till the very end.
He must have operated with no guilt, no sense of responsibility. You wonder what such a person could be capable of, the lengths they might go to in order to cover their tracks for a little longer. We've all read stories of gambling addicts in the states resorting to murder in order to stay in the game that little bit longer. Not saying Blatch would do this, but it sure as shit looks like he wouldn't have batted an eyelid at grimming 100k more if he could.

So disillusioned with poker right now. Too many people turn out to be scumbags.

Agreed . Which is really sad as I am sure that the majority on blonde are good people but when someone like Blatch turns out to be biggest grimmer ever, when he seemed like a jolly nice fella. You just can't trust anyone anymore.

I almost certainly won't be staking after this (apart from the couple of people I am already committed to) as I used to trust my instincts about who to go with, but this has proved those instincts aren't anywhere close to fullproof.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 19, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »

Blatch states he intends get a job, sell his Fiesta, and every spare penny will go to paying people back, but in reality he's texting Flushy to ask for staking to the very soft $5/$10 Vegas cash game he's still planning to play in. The guy is abs deluded and has obv been using the funds as his own personal roll. When that roll got spunked, grim a new role, grim anyone and everyone in the hope of spinning up. Lolz at the falling asleep story, and sheesh at the luxury Miami holiday and the roulette spinz. Really too bad for the good guys who got stung here. Can't believe Blatch has the front to keep posting on here and trying to explain away his actions. Can't believe how someone can use friends like toilet paper to wipe their arse with and just carry on normally with life.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 19, 2010, 11:15:11 AM »

We'll be having a good think about staking and blonde. It's not a commercial decision, all we've ever done is mod threads on staking. Will decide what's best from a community viewpoint in due course remembering that one giant grim and a few previous isolated incidents don't invalidate the hundreds of good stakes there have been.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 19, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »

Thing with poker is that nothing is done via contracts. We all trade percentages, buy pieces of each other- sometimes with people we don't really know that well and in some cases this is how we build bonds and friendships with people.

99% of the people on the circuit are trustworthy. There's local brits who i hardly know- james williams, toby lewis, chris brammer, keysey, greeky that I would trust 100% with backing, trading etc.

It would be a shame for one person to ruin this good will for everyone. However saying that whether the staking section stays or not I imagine it will be a very long time before anyone contributes with any significant backing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:22:34 AM by George2Loose » Logged

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 19, 2010, 11:20:31 AM »

We'll be having a good think about staking and blonde. It's not a commercial decision, all we've ever done is mod threads on staking. Will decide what's best from a community viewpoint in due course remembering that one giant grim and a few previous isolated incidents don't invalidate the hundreds of good stakes there have been.

Can i just say i have a lot of time for you and the other mods. Greatly appreciated and im sure you will make the correct decision.
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 19, 2010, 11:27:44 AM »

Makes me feel quite sick to think if Chris actually won wsop evnt13 last week ( came 14th ) how that C --NT Blatch would proll now be in Vegas playboying it up with his % from the 470k win and nobody would be any the wiser cos he would have binked enough from freerollin Chris to get himself out of his shit .
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: