blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:37:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 147 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discussions about: Staking - Betfair Football Trading  (Read 507837 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 19, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »

The thing that bothers me most is how completely fooled we all were until such time that people who cashed out after the regular season didn't get paid and Blatch ran out of time.

Makes you wonder about everyone you know in the poker world. There but for the grace of God go how many?  Previous grimmings have been comedy for spectators (and even taken well by some of the grimees) but this is different and looks like it will be a serious blow to this community.

The proper scary thing is how cool he was till the very end.
He must have operated with no guilt, no sense of responsibility.
You wonder what such a person could be capable of, the lengths they might go to in order to cover their tracks for a little longer. We've all read stories of gambling addicts in the states resorting to murder in order to stay in the game that little bit longer. Not saying Blatch would do this, but it sure as shit looks like he wouldn't have batted an eyelid at grimming 100k more if he could.

So disillusioned with poker right now. Too many people turn out to be scumbags.

This is the thing,when I was at DTD a little while ago after Blatch had put the WSOP thread up he joked to George and me "I might not bother going and just grimm them" me and George laughed but the sick thing is he wasn't even joking,I really can't believe he had the cheek to come out with a joke like that if he was stressed about the situation.I have no real clue what's gone on here but just from what's been said I think Blatch has some if not all of the money somewhere and I hope this is the case and he is found out by police(this is very unlike as they won't have a clue) or a fraud investigation or however means possible as otherwise I think everyone will have to accept they're never going to get a penny back.

I also agree that maybe it would be best for Blonde if the staking part of the forum goes.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 19, 2010, 11:41:53 AM »

So Blatch, what job are you going to get?  ...

What is Blatch's 'real life' job? What was he doing before poker and betfair?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 19, 2010, 11:42:53 AM »

I don't think one gets paid much for sewing mail bags tbh.

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 19, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »

don't think his cv will be very impressive!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 19, 2010, 11:53:25 AM »

So Blatch, what job are you going to get?  ...

don't think his cv will be very impressive!

Wont get many good job with jail time on his record

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 19, 2010, 12:04:07 PM »

Wow Mond. That really is a sick story.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 19, 2010, 12:04:33 PM »

give us a wave tikay!

a.sparrow

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 19, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »

The trading on Liverpool Stoke game is really weird.

His positions the night before were lay Liverpool and back Stoke, obv waiting for Liverpool to drift/ Stoke to come in. On the original thread it was mentioned how this game was likely to be a big shift with Liverpool having injuries (I think this was by Bookiebasher not Blatch). Blatch seems to have laid Liverpool at about 2.26 which from recollection was a massive drift from about 1.7, basically he missed the boat.

Anyway the game is a 12:45 ko and Blatch doesn't trade again but to back Liverpool at 14:37 which would be in dying minutes of injury time. By this time obv Stoke have equalised (which was an injury time equaliser) and Liverpool are now 9.6 to win with basically no time left. If he just lets the lot ride at this point he makes a killling so why go in again.

There is no evidence he backed Liverpool to save some of the roll while Liverpool were winning.

Anyone got a good explanation for this?

Just been catching up with this thread from when i went to bed and WTF is all i can say, did no one else look at this?  If im reading this correctly he was afew minutes away from making alot of money on a winning bet but went in again so he didn't make a killing?  Super confused as im sure you all are.

Also it gives me chills seeing how he acted so normally, he jsut could not have been worried sick or stressed about losing everyones money when he has the nerve to joke about it with people he took money from! I don't know any of you guys but wasn't the blonde  bash not long ago as he didn't trade for the weekend saying he was attending it, did you all think he was acting normally then? Having a drink and laugh in the company of the majority of people he took money from......
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:41 PM »

His positions the night before were lay Liverpool and back Stoke, obv waiting for Liverpool to drift/ Stoke to come in. On the original thread it was mentioned how this game was likely to be a big shift with Liverpool having injuries (I think this was by Bookiebasher not Blatch). Blatch seems to have laid Liverpool at about 2.26 which from recollection was a massive drift from about 1.7, basically he missed the boat.

Anyway the game is a 12:45 ko and Blatch doesn't trade again but to back Liverpool at 14:37 which would be in dying minutes of injury time. By this time obv Stoke have equalised (which was an injury time equaliser) and Liverpool are now 9.6 to win with basically no time left. If he just lets the lot ride at this point he makes a killling so why go in again.

There is no evidence he backed Liverpool to save some of the roll while Liverpool were winning.

Just been catching up with this thread from when i went to bed and WTF is all i can say, did no one else look at this?  If im reading this correctly he was afew minutes away from making alot of money on a winning bet but went in again so he didn't make a killing?  Super confused as im sure you all are.

Also it gives me chills seeing how he acted so normally, he jsut could not have been worried sick or stressed about losing everyones money when he has the nerve to joke about it with people he took money from! I don't know any of you guys but wasn't the blonde  bash not long ago as he didn't trade for the weekend saying he was attending it, did you all think he was acting normally then? Having a drink and laugh in the company of the majority of people he took money from......

Yea at the bash neil didn't seam like a man who had lost £100k of everybodys money!

I asked him to flip me for £3 for fun and I won the first flip but he conned me into double or quits! I lost the next 2 flips and neil scooped the £3 and stuffed it in his pockets!

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 19, 2010, 12:32:52 PM »

If you're reading it right it would seem like either he was on the other end of these trades with his own account or he made a total hatchet job when doctoring the spreadsheet.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 19, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »

Is there no way that the original thread can be put up 'read only'?

be interesting to see how the trades match up to what he said was happening.

also i'm sorry to mention this but it has to be said. there was massive ramping/hyping of this scheme in that thread. I was guilty of it myself. but it seems some of the biggest hypers were getting money from blatch to play poker. i think it's prob 99% that they didn't know what was happening but 2 days ago i would have said it was 99% that this was all OK.

blatch was being made out to be some uber baller type person yet drives a fiesta? what reg at least tell me it's a pretty new one and not some old X reg piece of crap? who's been round his house? was it filled up with nice stuff?

WTF's been going on here guys?

What you're incinuating is extremely offensive to me and all the others Blatch bought pieces from or staked. I invested my Vegas fund in this and even persuaded my dad to invest £5k, yet you assign a 1% to the fact that any of the stakees bigged Blatch up falsely so that we could be put into the monthly £300 at DTD?

What a ridiculously stupid statement and one that has kinda upset me a lot. I know the other guys in the stable and can say there's no chance that anyone knew the truth about blatch. He was so obsessed about showing everyone he was the man and how much money he had that not only would he make everyone else believe it, i think in a sick way he started to believe it too.

The reason why we bigged him up is because he was a friend and when someone is a friend you tend to trust the things they say. He'd told us all about his flat being bought (needing £185k cash as he couldnt get a mortgage). Even the times when I occasionally thought 'hmm why is he so cash short' I was just led to believe that he literally kept as much of his own money as possible in BF and with a stable that was obviously going to need a lot of outlay at certain times i got my head around him being strapped until cashouts came through.

When I got kicked out of uni for basically abandoning my studies it was the hardest few months of my life coming and living back at home, with extremely strained relationships with my parents. I've since got myself a job and been working solidly over the last few years and have built my relationships back up to where they were before I left. I love my family more than anything else in the world and I haven't even been able to tell my dad yet.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 19, 2010, 12:54:08 PM »

i would really like the original thread to go up somehow, i know it's hassle, maybe in a read only child forum??? there must be massive lessons to be learned (for me at least if nobody else) about how we got conned out of 100K
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 19, 2010, 12:55:02 PM »

Cos maybe you missed my question earlier in the thread,but if he was your staker has he already gotten his hands on your $5k score last week or do you still have it?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 19, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »

Cos maybe you missed my question earlier in the thread,but if he was your staker has he already gotten his hands on your $5k score last week or do you still have it?

I have separate backer for my online stuff mate. Neil didn't want the liability of big online swings.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 19, 2010, 12:58:09 PM »

I have separate backer for my online stuff mate. Neil didn't want the liability of big online swings.

Ah ok.

Lot of irony in that second sentence.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 147 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: