blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 12:11:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273019 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Reasons why I ask is it worth it?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reasons why I ask is it worth it?  (Read 78876 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 10, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »

And in my honest opinion, if the guy was that nice, and had changed so much, like he and so many others keep saying, then He would come on here, or pm me a message, THANKING me for getting it out in the open, so he could turn his life around, and become a more controlled gambler, because from what I have seen, it would of just carried on for much longer, and the guy would of got himself so far in debt, it would of been a lot more longer and a lot more pain to overcome to !.) pay ppl back, and 2.) get some sort of reputation back.

But I'm afraid him just coming on slating me over and over, and trying to highlight my mistakes in my life, (even tho I am only hurting myself and no one else), just shows me that he has not changed, and he actually does not think what he did was wrong, and he still has his head in the clouds.

So for all these reasons, that is why I feel so strongly about it.

You do sound like you're just nagging though

Never met him, second chances - oh yes, where would any of us be without them, third chances, prob not.

As George Bush famously quoted:

Fool me once ! Fool me twice ? You can't foo.fegeb heblhr l fvwr f h

sola virtus nobilitat
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 10, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »

And in my honest opinion, if the guy was that nice, and had changed so much, like he and so many others keep saying, then He would come on here, or pm me a message, THANKING me for getting it out in the open, so he could turn his life around, and become a more controlled gambler, because from what I have seen, it would of just carried on for much longer, and the guy would of got himself so far in debt, it would of been a lot more longer and a lot more pain to overcome to !.) pay ppl back, and 2.) get some sort of reputation back.

But I'm afraid him just coming on slating me over and over, and trying to highlight my mistakes in my life, (even tho I am only hurting myself and no one else), just shows me that he has not changed, and he actually does not think what he did was wrong, and he still has his head in the clouds.

Never met him, second chances - oh yes, where would any of us be without them, third chances, prob not.

Isnt it....  Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: November 10, 2010, 06:55:44 PM »

Isnt it....  Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me?

Classic Bush, I'd love to see a conversation between him and Prince Phillip
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »

LOL is all I can say, GG Blondepoker forums and Good luck!
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »

duno why suddenly this has flared up again. Over the past 3 months i have done nothing to cause anymore attention or any more hate. I have gone about my business and kept myself to myself. I have posted on PHA a few times (not for my own benefit), but i will stop posting there now if people prefer that. Dreenie seems to have nothing better to do than post here. She can continue if she prefers, thats fine.
The issue i have with camel and dreenie at the moment, is that ur on going posts are non constructive. Dont u think i wish i could take back what happened? u think i enjoyed losing my roll, going broke, losing my rep, some of my friends, and any trust i had in the poker world? OFC i would take it back and change what happened. But im not capable of that. Im not asking people on here to trust me, or even like me for that matter, just to ackowledge that i know more than anyone how f stupid i was. And to also know that i have grinded up to 100 hours a week for like 3 months now to get back properly.
Well respected posters on here have bought pieces of me daily and there all winning from buying pieces of me, and i dont think any of them would of complained about them dealings with me.
I can beat variance in mtt's because im playing 60-70 mtt's a day at the moment, so ill have everythign i owe paid back VERY soon. I did owe some people on here money (james keys, dave nicholson and dreenies friend jamie), but they have all been paid back in full. The people i stilll owe to, i tlk to on regular basis and they know the score with regards to being paid soon.
People around me know that i have in no way "gambled" since my downfall. If something destroyed you would u want it to be a part of ur like in future?
I will continue to grind silly hours untill i have paid everythign back in full. I understand when that day comes i may then be fully accepted back in the community, although im not doing it for blonde, im doing it for myself.
So for camel and dreenie to come on here and make them self feel better by saying shit about me, i think is slightly dated... im doin all i can and will continue to. I wish there was more hours in the day, i really do.
A few of ur other points, i do berate opponents, i know i shouldnt  (dont tap the glass etc) but sometimes i get titled with the long hours just like anyone else, plus, i have a winning mentallity and dont like losing.
As for thanking u, i am not about to do that, as it had nothing to do with u, but in a way im happy u started this thread, as i was in a mess at the time. Not sure if this is what u want to hear, but u have helped me out.
I see life 10x more clearly since i cut out the sport bettign shit and my poker game has improved  a ton. I am getting better at poker every day and feel like i am workign at new things untried before.
Thank you for those who are willing to forgive and foreget (even if sceptically at first), and im sorry for those of you who cant... especially the people i dont even know who are posting.
Marc
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2010, 07:06:25 PM »

LOL is all I can say, GG Blondepoker forums and Good luck!

ty

sola virtus nobilitat
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »

I dont see how saying that everyone deserves a second chance, and wishing someone else from the Blonde poker community Best of Luck in dealing with their particular gambling related problems should be seen as two faced or cliquey.
 I've never met Marc, or Neil Blatchley for that matter, but, for what it's worth, i would give them both a second chance. It's got nothing to do with wanting to be in any clique.
 It's just the way i roll.

pretty much my view too.

I'm sure everyone's glad you warned them Dreenie, but is forgiveness and giving someone a second chance really such a bad thing? 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »

Early days  but it appears Marc has learned alot from his mistakes and at least he has been man enough not to go into hiding.
Like i have said before... he's no nonse or murderer. So lets put it into perspective eh and give the guy a break imo .We've all done something stupid in our youth , some alot worse than others !  
Ive witnessed too, that he's working hard at the tables to put things right, and it looks like his efforts are being rewarded..  Financially anyways  

There will always be plenty people who have no time for you now Marc. It's down to you, as to how you conduct yourself in the future that will gain you respect, and it looks as though your on the right track  : )

Dreenie... If only we could all be controlled gamblers ! ...    But who would control us ? lol
railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2010, 08:29:16 PM »

Early days  but it appears Marc has learned alot from his mistakes and at least he has been man enough not to go into hiding.
Like i have said before... he's no nonse or murderer. So lets put it into perspective eh and give the guy a break imo .We've all done something stupid in our youth , some alot worse than others !  
Ive witnessed too, that he's working hard at the tables to put things right, and it looks like his efforts are being rewarded..  Financially anyways  

There will always be plenty people who have no time for you now Marc. It's down to you, as to how you conduct yourself in the future that will gain you respect, and it looks as though your on the right track  : )

Dreenie... If only we could all be controlled gamblers ! ...    But who would control us ? lol

thanks nigdad
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2010, 11:44:24 PM »

i assume from this that blatch will fully 'let off' the hook because he has paid everyone back.  If not what is the difference here??

Not an unfair question. It comes down to reads is the short answer.

I buy that one guy is sorry and the other guy is sorry he got caught and off to scheme somewhere else.

Blatch displayed more disturbing long term compulsive liar tendencies. You get the feeling that he's always going to be deluding himself in some fashion and doesn't care who he hurts.

One guy needs to get his shit together himself, the other guy needs some sort of doctor to help.

One guy is significantly more likely to kill a man like a dog in the street to buy himself another month.

Could be wrong. Reads is reads

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2010, 11:58:48 PM »

I dont see how saying that everyone deserves a second chance, and wishing someone else from the Blonde poker community Best of Luck in dealing with their particular gambling related problems should be seen as two faced or cliquey.
 I've never met Marc, or Neil Blatchley for that matter, but, for what it's worth, i would give them both a second chance. It's got nothing to do with wanting to be in any clique.
 It's just the way i roll.

pretty much my view too.

lefties!

I'd rather be arbitary and unjust. Smiley

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 11, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »

I have nothing against you Marc and no agenda.

I was really surprised when this whole thing came out because my read on you was so wrong.

If you had asked me instead of my friend for transfer I would have agreed straight away.

As I said in my post, I hope you sort your problems out and pay everyone off.

gl.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 11, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »

edit : This post contains a Harry Potter spolier.

Being arbitary is good.

My friend told me of his experience when the last Harry Potter book came out, midnight opening thing at Waterstones. Some pissed guy came out of the pub and pushed his way into the front. He bought a copy, skipped to a late chapter and skimmed for a few minutes before telling everybody in the queue that Harry Potter's owl dies and that they shouldn't get too attached to the owl.

I think that's bloody hilarious. (When I play the story in my head for some reason I think of Booder doing it)

You could change a few details and tell a similar story. Maybe there's a queue to meet santa and some pissed dude pushes in and rips santa's beard off and proudly announces to all the kids that santa isn't real.

A guy doing this is just an asshole. (When I play this story in my head, it's not Booder, Booder wouldn't do this. Booder is a nice man.)

If someone was to compare the situations and ask why one is ok and the other not, I wouldn't be able to articulate what they'd call a 'good reason.'

I'd just say, doh coz it is.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:01:32 AM by thetank » Logged

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 11, 2010, 12:47:53 AM »

Being arbitary is good.

My friend told me of his experience when the last Harry Potter book came out, midnight opening thing at Waterstones. Some pissed guy came out of the pub and pushed his way into the front. He bought a copy, skipped to a late chapter and skimmed for a few minutes before telling everybody in the queue that Harry Potter's owl dies and that they shouldn't get too attached to the owl.

I think that's bloody hilarious. (When I play the story in my head for some reason I think of Booder doing it)

You could change a few details and tell a similar story. Maybe there's a queue to meet santa and some pissed dude pushes in and rips santa's beard off and proudly announces to all the kids that santa isn't real.

A guy doing this is just an asshole. (When I play this story in my head, it's not Booder, Booder wouldn't do this. Booder is a nice man.)

If someone was to compare the situations and ask why one is ok and the other not, I wouldn't be able to articulate what they'd call a 'good reason.'

I'd just say, doh coz it is.

You've just ruined the entire Harry Potter series for me.

Thanks.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 11, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »

Dreenie I think the reason why you started to look silly in this thread was because you made it about YOUR personal dislike for Marc over what he has done. You started a thread to warn people off getting scammed + what you did was right, poker needs that and I personally thank you for doing it.

But nothing is really personal in poker, make these things about your vendetta's and its only you that can fall imo - I was really disappointed when Marc stole money from me, but me and him have resolved the problem personally, he's paid me back and it's up to me whether or not I want to continue a relationship with him, as it is with everyone, I know a few people who have said they want nothing more to do with him, and that's their decision - and it's not your place to comment on these decisions I'm afraid.

It's not fickle, two faced or cliquey - it's adult's making adult decisions, regardless of them being correct or not in your view.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: