blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:04:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1420756 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4185 on: January 12, 2014, 01:36:13 AM »

VPPs Today 5500
VPPs Total 38750
VPP Pace 29898

Ive been very, very busy recently and havent played hardly at all for the last couple of days hence the minimal blog updates.

Today I put a few hours in, did ok at the tables and got a decent VPP day.

On a decent pace overall.

Our chef Cherishka is really good and tomorrow we have some Beef, Yorkshire puddings, Veg and Gravy for a proper homely Sunday dinner which will be nice, pics to come.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: January 12, 2014, 11:53:40 PM »

Am still waiting for episode one of both:

MTV Cribs: Budapest Style

and

"So You Think You Can Cook?"  -The Best in the Business
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: January 13, 2014, 12:21:15 AM »

VPPs Today 4950
VPPs Total 43700
VPP Pace 32616

Had a very nice Sunday roast dinner with Uzi and Ingrid cooked by Cherishka. I used to go for SUnday lunch with Ingrid every Sunday for 2 years, but in Hungary they are alot harder to find.

Cherishka hadnt cooked yorkshire puddings before, but it was my main request. They were delicious.

Click to see full-size image.

Ran particuarly bad at the tables, but wte, decent VPPs.

Looking forward to a fresh new week next week. Would like to aim to do exercise twice, eat out twice, have 1 big friend dinner at my house and get over 60k VPPs.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: January 13, 2014, 01:17:37 AM »

What made you choose zoom over normal short-handed ring games? What do you think the pros and cons are of zoom?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: January 13, 2014, 01:29:41 AM »

pros

dem vppppppsssssss

Cons

Lack of table dynamic.

It would be alot harder for me to do SNE at normal tables simply because I dont use a table script and thus can get seats in good games which is ridicuously unfair.

Feel like writing a blog about this actually.

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: January 13, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »

pros

It would be alot harder for me to do SNE at normal tables simply because I dont use a table script and thus can get seats in good games which is ridicuously unfair.

Feel like writing a blog about this actually.

Would be an interesting read. If you wasn't going for SNE and just focusing on profit would you switch games or is zoom your game of choice? Would you have any tips if someone wanted to move to zoom from playing short handed ring games, not including VPP goals like SNE though?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: January 13, 2014, 02:19:25 AM »

Great Yorkshires <3

GL this week Pads!

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: January 13, 2014, 03:41:13 AM »

Would definitely be interested in a piece about seating scripts. I'd never ever heard of them until I checked out the 2p2 HSPLO thread about all high limit tables being changed to zoom. You're probably better placed than most to find out whats going on with the scripts and how they've affected MSNL+ ring games.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: January 13, 2014, 07:23:01 AM »

VPPs Today 4950
VPPs Total 43700
VPP Pace 32616

Had a very nice Sunday roast dinner with Uzi and Ingrid cooked by Cherishka. I used to go for SUnday lunch with Ingrid every Sunday for 2 years, but in Hungary they are alot harder to find.

Cherishka hadnt cooked yorkshire puddings before, but it was my main request. They were delicious.

Looking forward to a fresh new week next week. Would like to aim to do exercise twice, eat out twice, have 1 big friend dinner at my house and get over 60k VPPs.

If someone starts a "Rate my Sunday Dinner" thread, that needs to be the first entry.

Miniature Yorkshire puds & raw meat, mmmmm...... Wink

PS - Please note the smiley.

PPS - Should "Yorkshire" as in Yorkshire puds, start with an upper case Y?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: January 13, 2014, 09:04:46 AM »

VPPs Today 4950
VPPs Total 43700
VPP Pace 32616

If someone starts a "Rate my Sunday Dinner" thread, that needs to be the first entry.

Miniature Yorkshire puds & raw meat, mmmmm...... Wink

PS - Please note the smiley.

PPS - Should "Yorkshire" as in Yorkshire puds, start with an upper case Y?

Yorkshire puds look good, if you like the individual ones (much better cooked around the meat in the roasting dish IMO)
Beef looks beautifully pink and succulent and is the star of the plate but really, WTF is the other mess on the plate? Courgette has no place in a Sunday lunch and this error has been compounded since it appears to have been mixed in with the roasties? This risks the mushiness of the courgette detracting from any crispness in the spuds and just shouldn't happen.
Sunday lunch really should have a minimum of two vegetables, preferably three. These should be from a comparatively short list; carrot (always required since it adds a dash of colour to the plate),  braised red cabbage, brussel sprouts, peas, cauliflower, and leek, (with optional cheese sauce for the last two).
4/10 and those are all for the beef.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: January 13, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »

No Sauce?  Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: January 13, 2014, 12:10:58 PM »

dont dooo gravyyyyy

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:13 PM »

Hehe knew the courgette would get slated! Slightly surprised to see broccoli not get a mention on David's list. Probably a bit too Christmassy but definitely give roast parsnips a try. They taste a lot better roasted than the rocks of the stuff did in Nan's nasty watery root vegetable soup! Some sort of stuffing would be ideal too and obv some gravy!

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: January 13, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »

Hehe knew the courgette would get slated! Slightly surprised to see broccoli not get a mention on David's list. Probably a bit too Christmassy but definitely give roast parsnips a try. They taste a lot better roasted than the rocks of the stuff did in Nan's nasty watery root vegetable soup! Some sort of stuffing would be ideal too and obv some gravy!

+1 to parsnips.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: January 13, 2014, 04:22:30 PM »

It's all request for personal taste. There is no courgettes or broccoli lol

I had green beans, cauliflower and carrots.

The Yorkshire puddings were actually really big too. Probably had yorkshires in 100'different places and these were the bets I ever tasted!

Pages: 1 ... 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: