blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:15:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1425865 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6600 on: May 25, 2015, 07:25:20 AM »

So guys.. Been a pretty long time since I posted. SCOOP has been a complete and utter disaster, at least personally. Or has it? When we look back in 12 months it will say negative whatever figure but there's definitely been some things to take forward as positives.

I have had deep runs in huge field tournaments. I'm going to vegas in less than 48 hours and will be playing these huge fields, in this SCOOP I've came 25/5000 and 25/10000. I can't control exactly what happens at that pivotal time but putting myself into those positions is the important thing.

I played 2 PLO events, one was the 2k 5 card where I came 32nd with 30 paying and was a star studded field and I think I played good throughout, made a few mistakes and learned from them and the 2nd was the PLO8 where I came 10th out of 1000? I chopped this exact same event the year previously and this year going into the WSOP it does give me the confidence to keep playing mixed games and take a shot at some of the PLO/PLO8 tournaments. I've been playing a bunch of PLO cash games and they have gone great too, so in that area its at least a success.

I haven't actually lost any money. I've ran very fortunate over SCOOP in terms of buying/swapping with great players who have won a bunch and have made it (somehow!) a profitable series for me. So I go to vegas with just as much money as I started SCOOP which is something I probably would have taken 4 weeks ago.

Personally I am on a relatively big downswing, Monte Carlo (25K x2, 10k main event etc) and then SCOOP (multiple 2k/1k/10k events) mean that things haven't gone great but I finished my last session pretty strongly. I came 4th in the Sunday Brawl and 7th in the .fr Highroller. I've tried to really evaluate my game as much as possible day in day out.

Now is a total different change of scenery and will be focusing exclusively on the World Series of Poker. I am going to play 40? events. I am going to give it my absolute everything. Blood, sweat, tears. I'll document it in here, I'm sure I will be very happy at times, I'm sure I will be sad at times and I'm sure I'm going to moan at times. I deal with things best by writing about them, so apologies in advance if I annoy you with a sense of entitlement. This is really the biggest and hardest I have ever went and ever will go at a WSOP. I am going from day 1 until they pack away the tables back into the cupboards for another year. It's so important that I have no regrets. I don't want to sit on that plane back to Budapest and ask myself what if I had done X/Y/Z.

Expectations? I'm not sure really, at the end of the day its 40 tournaments, I can't control that variance, I'm not going to worry about results, if the worst comes to worst and we go 0/40 thats OK. I'll deal with it. I want to focus every single hand one at a time, it doesn't matter how many chips I had 30 minutes ago, I have a stack size now and its imperative that I play my A game with it. I want to be the best tournament player in the world. I want to make the least mistakes in the WSOP this summer. I want to consistently make very solid plays all day, every day. I'm not going to try and be the hero who 4bet jams the river with the Ah blocker against 2 cowboys. I will be the guy who analyses the situation, takes his time and makes well informed decisions. I won't guess, I won't be optimistic, I won't punt...

Or will I? Stay tuned to find out!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: May 25, 2015, 07:41:49 AM »

Subbed as usual bud!

Glglgl out there and looking forward to the updates

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: May 25, 2015, 07:46:10 AM »

No pressure but you are my Fantasy WSOP team captain...

Win lots please.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: May 25, 2015, 08:54:59 AM »

Good luck Patrick.

I'll be busy hither & thither until around June 28th, but from then I'll be "working" for Next Door, based in the Media Centre, & so I'll try & update blonde with your progress where possible.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: May 25, 2015, 08:58:42 AM »

Congrats on securing the part time services of Jeeves this year.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=34057.960

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6605 on: May 25, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »

Good luck Plinop

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: May 25, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »

Awesome post, good luck!
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: May 25, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »

So guys.. Been a pretty long time since I posted. SCOOP has been a complete and utter disaster, at least personally. Or has it? When we look back in 12 months it will say negative whatever figure but there's definitely been some things to take forward as positives.

I have had deep runs in huge field tournaments. I'm going to vegas in less than 48 hours and will be playing these huge fields, in this SCOOP I've came 25/5000 and 25/10000. I can't control exactly what happens at that pivotal time but putting myself into those positions is the important thing.

I played 2 PLO events, one was the 2k 5 card where I came 32nd with 30 paying and was a star studded field and I think I played good throughout, made a few mistakes and learned from them and the 2nd was the PLO8 where I came 10th out of 1000? I chopped this exact same event the year previously and this year going into the WSOP it does give me the confidence to keep playing mixed games and take a shot at some of the PLO/PLO8 tournaments. I've been playing a bunch of PLO cash games and they have gone great too, so in that area its at least a success.

I haven't actually lost any money. I've ran very fortunate over SCOOP in terms of buying/swapping with great players who have won a bunch and have made it (somehow!) a profitable series for me. So I go to vegas with just as much money as I started SCOOP which is something I probably would have taken 4 weeks ago.

Personally I am on a relatively big downswing, Monte Carlo (25K x2, 10k main event etc) and then SCOOP (multiple 2k/1k/10k events) mean that things haven't gone great but I finished my last session pretty strongly. I came 4th in the Sunday Brawl and 7th in the .fr Highroller. I've tried to really evaluate my game as much as possible day in day out.

Now is a total different change of scenery and will be focusing exclusively on the World Series of Poker. I am going to play 40? events. I am going to give it my absolute everything. Blood, sweat, tears. I'll document it in here, I'm sure I will be very happy at times, I'm sure I will be sad at times and I'm sure I'm going to moan at times. I deal with things best by writing about them, so apologies in advance if I annoy you with a sense of entitlement. This is really the biggest and hardest I have ever went and ever will go at a WSOP. I am going from day 1 until they pack away the tables back into the cupboards for another year. It's so important that I have no regrets. I don't want to sit on that plane back to Budapest and ask myself what if I had done X/Y/Z.

Expectations? I'm not sure really, at the end of the day its 40 tournaments, I can't control that variance, I'm not going to worry about results, if the worst comes to worst and we go 0/40 thats OK. I'll deal with it. I want to focus every single hand one at a time, it doesn't matter how many chips I had 30 minutes ago, I have a stack size now and its imperative that I play my A game with it. I want to be the best tournament player in the world. I want to make the least mistakes in the WSOP this summer. I want to consistently make very solid plays all day, every day. I'm not going to try and be the hero who 4bet jams the river with the Ah blocker against 2 cowboys. I will be the guy who analyses the situation, takes his time and makes well informed decisions. I won't guess, I won't be optimistic, I won't punt...

Or will I? Stay tuned to find out!

You make your living  playing poker so why apologise ?....just get them $$$$$$$$

Beers Out There x
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: May 25, 2015, 11:38:15 AM »

GL in Vegas Pads. Enjoy it.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: May 25, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »

Thanks all, means a lot to have all your support <3

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: May 25, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »

One of many people that I'm looking forward to following, and hopefully seeing get the gold.

Best of luck out there!

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: May 25, 2015, 11:28:50 PM »

Don't know you Pads but love following this diary, and the small insight you provide into the life of a pro. Best of luck in Vegas, would be great to see you have some deep runs.

Feed em rice.
reenot
TEAM UNKNOWNS

View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: May 26, 2015, 11:29:09 AM »

Don't know you Pads but love following this diary, and the small insight you provide into the life of a pro. Best of luck in Vegas, would be great to see you have some deep runs.

+1
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: May 26, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »

Fun start to the trip. 30 minutes into the taxi journey to the airport I realise I've left $50,000+ on my window shelf at home and not only need this for the trip but the cleaner was due in 30 minutes who i don't know nor trust. Inform confused taxi driver we have to turn around. Get back, I get the money, say bye to the cleaner on the way out and change into trousers from the shorts I was wearing.

I get back into the taxi, money hidden obviously and the taxi driver looks at my trousers as if "are you fucking joking met?" I can only smile in response and he was pretty tilted.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: May 26, 2015, 04:27:09 PM »

Fun start to the trip. 30 minutes into the taxi journey to the airport I realise I've left $50,000+ on my window shelf at home and not only need this for the trip but the cleaner was due in 30 minutes who i don't know nor trust. Inform confused taxi driver we have to turn around. Get back, I get the money, say bye to the cleaner on the way out and change into trousers from the shorts I was wearing.

I get back into the taxi, money hidden obviously and the taxi driver looks at my trousers as if "are you fucking joking met?" I can only smile in response and he was pretty tilted.

Jeeves only left a day ago and your life is already falling apart!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: